I can't see enemies in BF5 and just generally not enjoying game

Heishi-Jager
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
For the life of me, I can't seem to see enemies in BF5, especially if they're prone. They blend in too well with the environment.
And even when they're moving on the darker maps, they just kinda disappear as well if they start zig zagging.
THis game is encouraging either slow movement around the map, checking every single corner or just camping, unlock the MG42 and just go prone everywhere you go. Which isn't fun for me.
This coupled with the fact that I'm now forced to go everywhere with teammates or risk guaranteed death on my own means I'm not enjoying this game at all.

No insults telling me to stop playing or shouldn't have bought the game please. This is my opinion.
And I've been a BF gamer since BF3, I love these games, but this one just feels off...

Comments

• SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    ^I've been too lazy to adjust any of that admittedly. As for OP, i considered myself a fairly decent(or at least not crap lol) BF player but iam really struggling on BFV as well. Its a pretty massive adjustment if you've never been huge on camping or moving around the map slowly constantly crouching and crawling through grass and hiding and being really careful and patient.
    I think games like PUBG would have been good training for that. Or if you liked sniping or playing swat team games and stealth games and that.

• barnesalmighty2
    1349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I move fast. But try to keep cover if I can. I'll take a few deaths in a row sometimes but when I get around them its satisfying mowing down players in groups playing "as a team"
    The flank is strong use it.
  • MaseMan3K
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In addition to comments about turning off motion blur, etc, try adjusting your FOV. I found that helped quite a bit.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is this a can we have Doritos back kinda post ?
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I move fast. But try to keep cover if I can. I'll take a few deaths in a row sometimes but when I get around them its satisfying mowing down players in groups playing "as a team"
    The flank is strong use it.

Yeah i agree, i try to flank. Sometimes it works out, other times i get sniped or i will flank three enemies with their backs turned and i'll make a poor decision and give my position away or something lol.
    I try to play with my friends all in discord more often than not, but sometimes the hours i work i have to play with randoms. I complain about the game being slow and campy or requiring patience, and yet at times the close combat feels more like COD, and i was never as good as COD as BF :(
    Eh i dunno, my PC and tv/monitor could use upgrades as well. And i drink too much ^^;
    EDIT: excuses much?

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For the life of me, I can't seem to see enemies in BF5, especially if they're prone. They blend in too well with the environment.
    And even when they're moving on the darker maps, they just kinda disappear as well if they start zig zagging.
    THis game is encouraging either slow movement around the map, checking every single corner or just camping, unlock the MG42 and just go prone everywhere you go. Which isn't fun for me.
    This coupled with the fact that I'm now forced to go everywhere with teammates or risk guaranteed death on my own means I'm not enjoying this game at all.

No insults telling me to stop playing or shouldn't have bought the game please. This is my opinion.
    And I've been a BF gamer since BF3, I love these games, but this one just feels off...

You never want to rush an objective in this game. Slow it down a bit, stay close to cover. Any cover, and stay close to your teammates.
    You’ll blend in just as much as your enemy. Also avoid bright colour uniforms, and try to change your outfit to blend in with the map. You only have 30 seconds to change your outfit at the beginning of a game.

Also in case you didn’t know. When ever you or an enemy kills someone they get automatically spotted on the minimap. Took me a while to realize that, and it’s helped my game lots.
  • Heishi-Jager
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Nope, not in the slightest, I just want to be able to see enemies clearly, and to be able to react to being shot too, right now it feels like I'm insta dying tbh. IF the incoming patch doesn't improve things I'm done with BF5
  • RePlayBoy101
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    use cover and open your eyes .... turn off the filters and motion blur and learn the map location hotspots.... from then on its trial and error untill u get the hang of it

if ur blind then i cant help you ...this game is so much better without markers and u can actually flank now without the fear of being lit up becouse someone was spamming the spot button
  • SumwhatKrazy

Nope, not in the slightest, I just want to be able to see enemies clearly, and to be able to react to being shot too, right now it feels like I'm insta dying tbh. IF the incoming patch doesn't improve things I'm done with BF5

Yeah i really hope it will feel better after the patch. And thanks dandop, i didn't know that after a kill you appear on the mini map.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Console or PC?
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont know if you play on PC or console, but try adjusting your screens settings. I crank up brightness and contrast on my TV and that helped a lot. But yeah, I shouldnt have to. Devastation and Rotterdam are the worst maps for me, concerning visibility.
  • trip1ex
    4655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People miss the fact if you cant see them easily they cant see you easily.

lol. This is not true unless you're both in equal amounts of cover.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    People miss the fact if you cant see them easily they cant see you easily.

lol. This is not true unless you're both in equal amounts of cover.

Well if you are not in cover then it is a l2p issue...
  • growlinbear
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I very much agree I am very frustrated and bored trying see the enemies
  • 11KingJake11
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish they would just turn up the damage on most of the guns. It takes 2 head shots with ZH-29 to kill the guy. Thats a sniper rifle so in real life it takes one shot to the head. Ill be shooting a guy and he turns around and kills me. The damage is so low on alot of guns and some are so high powered like the Ribeyrolles 1981 or just camp with the MG 42. Really just turn up the damage dice so when you shoot something it dies. That way its shows realism.
  • bigiain
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've adapted a lot to the general background stuff. On the bigger maps going recon and spamming the spotting scope helps a lot. Some of the dark corners inside are a real struggle though, I've followed players into areas in the cathedral and they seem to disappear in front of me.