Seriously? Already half off?

Comments

• Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »
    Are you having fun?

Yes or No?

Do you have any trouble finding a game when you sit down to play?

Yes or No?

If your answers are Yes to the former and No to the latter what's the problem?

Prices change. Things go on sale. If you are old enough to handle money and buy products this should come as no surprise.

We have no issues finding full servers...yet. But what will happen is a few months when more people leave? It's a big anomaly for AAA game to go on 50% sale a week after release.

Reports indicate that sales are extremely low. There is a good chance that developers might adondan the project in 4-6 months.

Here's the thing. I didn't buy a copy. I have a year of Premier. I doubt EA has reported how many Premier/Access subs there are. We have no idea how those programs have affected straight-up sales.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Op, this is nothing new. Last 3 BFs I bought were on sale within a month of coming out.

It always faces tough competition when it comes out and never sells as well as the other games. So stores discount their holiday stock pretty quickly.

Considering average reviews are 8.0 and below with all of them talking about missing content, I can see the reasoning for the quick discounts. People are buying this year so move the product with discounts while they can.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Op, this is nothing new. Last 3 BFs I bought were on sale within a month of coming out.

It always faces tough competition when it comes out and never sells as well as the other games. So stores discount their holiday stock pretty quickly.

Considering average reviews are 8.0 and below with all of them talking about missing content, I can see the reasoning for the quick discounts. People are buying this year so move the product with discounts while they can.

They do have to make up for lost sales since the game was released a month late.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People complaining about Black Friday week sales and cyber Monday week sales. Every game was on sale over the past week and a half.
  • Wessmyre
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Played BF1 for about an hour. Word has it this is a re-skinned BF1. Let me know when it hits 75% off. I might try it. maybe.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wessmyre wrote: »
    Played BF1 for about an hour. Word has it this is a re-skinned BF1. Let me know when it hits 75% off. I might try it. maybe.

Bf1 and bfv are nothing alike! Go sign up for 1 month of ea access and try it for 10 hours. Then cancel ea access before the month is up and you will get the 4.99 refunded.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »
    Are you having fun?

Yes or No?

Do you have any trouble finding a game when you sit down to play?

Yes or No?

If your answers are Yes to the former and No to the latter what's the problem?

Prices change. Things go on sale. If you are old enough to handle money and buy products this should come as no surprise.

1. No
    2. Not able to find any games, because i got a refund it, so no.

The game got delayed and the people who paid the most for BFV got to play it last, That was the first major mistake, like that's crazy bad marketing. I'm not sure if that tops having Trevor Noah showcase the games reveal, but it's a close. 2nd EA ever thinking they could compete with a Rockstar title, Like who honestly thinks they could have? Rockstar makes amazing video games, they might also use the DLC model or microtransactions, but their games are truly video games at launch, not some "We Owe You" business model'.

Battlefield games have been "We Owe You" for years now, even the Star Wars games come with an "We Owe You", anyone remember Mass Effect A? it had a service as well. Think about it for a second, The people who paid the most, have to play catch up to the people who paid less while also understanding the game just went for a half price cut (for a short time), i would be pissed.

I truly think this "Service" for BFV will end early, Red Deads online beta releases soon right? I understand Red Dead is a console thing yes, but in terms of sales, consoles are the king holders of casual video games, and Battlefield is as casual you get. No matter your system for BFV, things might get shady for the title unless it gets massive amount of content soon, like crazy amount of content.

• danosta
    edited November 2018
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    People complaining about Black Friday week sales and cyber Monday week sales. Every game was on sale over the past week and a half.

Saying EVERY game is an exaggeration. Games like BO4 released in october so ample time had passes and RDR2 is yet to be discounted at all. We are talking 7 days here.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    More proof the game is simply not selling. Pre-orders were down a lot. Physical copies sold are down a lot. BFV can’t even break the top 20 on twitch most nights. Now it’s on sale for 50% off less than two weeks after it’s full launch. People can act like none of this is a problem but it is.

As one example here is how bad it is , on Twitch, FARMING SIMULATOR , that’s right FARMING SIMULATOR was being viewed more than BFV last night during prime time. Why nobody is interested in this game is for another thread.

O damn Farming Sim, It's that bad, That crazy.
  • Popa2caps
    danosta wrote: »
    Wessmyre wrote: »

Bf1 and bfv are nothing alike! Go sign up for 1 month of ea access and try it for 10 hours. Then cancel ea access before the month is up and you will get the 4.99 refunded.

Naww, Just sign up for the $15 premier service and cancel it after 5 days and you get to keep it for the whole month, with your money back.
  • Pillownaut
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    ...and the people who paid the most for BFV got to play it last ...
    This. It's just flat out offensive. To push their "games for rent program" they took advantage of their most eager fans.

• MogwaiWarrior
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Until the games goes free I wouldn't waste $1 on it. It's not even a finished game. Have BF games had issues on launch? Sure they have, but nothing like we are seeing now. Not even close.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Until the games goes free I wouldn't waste $1 on it. It's not even a finished game. Have BF games had issues on launch? Sure they have, but nothing like we are seeing now. Not even close.

Bf4’s debacle of a launch says hello.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its the end of the world, the game has gone on sale during the busiest shopping days of the year in the US. Target has the game on sale (keyword SALE), for $30, but it only lasts until tomorrow (Thursday November 29). After that it'll be back up to full retail.

You all are literally making a stink over nothing. The game went on sale, as most games do around this time of the year to capitalize on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stop being such crybabies already. Who in the world really cares about who got to play the game first, in the end, anyone who wants to play the game will get to play the game if they buy it. It matters absolutely 0% who got to play first.
    -
    That there's a sale on the game isn't suprising either. So don't complain about it, if you really wanted to save as much money as possible on the game you all knew very well that you could wait for it to come on sale, buying a game at full prize will always be a "loss" as the games always come on sales, especially this time of the year. I was actually thinking it would already be on sale on black friday or cyber monday. That's life. And if you bought it recently, you are most likely entitled to a refund, in which case you may simple refund it and buy it from that retailer or w.e. the sale was.

I bought a new TV on a friday, then come monday (3 days later) another vendor had the exact same TV on sale. Did i start complaining about it? ofcourse not.

But no, let's start up our conspiracy machinery again, and talk about the BFV doomsday in half a year.