Get woke or Go broke

kill_yor_idols
75 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I see the lackluster digital sales figures from the uk are coming in. You know I really do enjoy this game apart from the ptsd inducing netcode issues a la bf4 coming into this game, however this is what happens when you cater to forum rats aka forum fan boys (not forum participants) youtubers and redditors. You see there is a whole big silent majority out there that actually loves this game, heck i even bought the premier origin and standard editions of this game! Thats over 150 dollars that I gave to this company in support no matter how much flak dice and ea get. But now, the silent majority has spoken, and its not all bc of "sjw" and historical inaccuracies its because the gameplay is frankly, poo poo. And when you have someone say "dont buy it" well, candidly speaking, they wont buy it! Lets stop kidding ourselves here, ok? Also like I said before nOoNE WAnTeD WW2!!! I want this game to succeed more than the loudest forum rat on here I really do, and seeing how this is my only game that I play, this absolutely hurts and worries me. Because I know my favorite franchise may be in jeopardy, and this is coming from a bf1942 fanboy, dice & ea, Im praying for you. Im going to still play until the ship goes down but let this be a dire warning to everyone.

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11175 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don’t buy it.
  • kill_yor_idols
    Read the post before a knee jerk response
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Don’t buy it.

• SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its not "or" go broke, its just "go broke" :D and its funny how companies dont learn from example.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11175 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don’t buy it.

I did.
  • kill_yor_idols
    Don’t buy it.

I did.

Then what part arent you getting that I support the game. I bought the game, mickey.
  • spartanx169x
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just want to add changing core mechanics of the game did not encourage sales like some people said it would. I’m talking about the no spotting , partial health med pack non-sense, and low ammo. These were pretty much the same from BFBC2 thru BF 1. Then because some YouTuber or whoever thought it was a great idea, they changed everything. Peoples played the beta , got reked because these mechanics were gone, and on top of that DICE tells them not to buy it because they are on a SJW mission, To expect a different outcome was idiocy.
  • TEKNOCODE
    Don’t buy it.

I did.

Also, everyone wanted wwII. There was a poll and wwII won by a landslide.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1588 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don’t buy it.

I did.

I didn't want WW2 and I especially don't want lazy remasters of old maps from prior battlefield games. But majority rules and ill hope for Vietnam next game.
  • kill_yor_idols
    Don’t buy it.

I did.

My conversation with you is done after this mickey. That poll came from reddit and here. Did you talk to the average 9-5, double and triple shift workers who make up for the the most of the demographics of the sales? Did you talk to the console owners who make up a MaJOrITy of this game sales???? The sales figures dont lie, Fivel. Via con dios.
  • TEKNOCODE
    Don’t buy it.

I did.

I didn't want WW2 and I especially don't want lazy remasters of old maps from prior battlefield games. But majority rules and ill hope for Vietnam next game.

Vietnam would be the best option.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1588 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Could you imagine the jungles with these graphics it would be epic. I would also hope that games after Vietnam would follow an alternative history and open up the globe for map selection. Ignore modern warfare if the real world and step into modern fantasy setting for WW3.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13457 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2018
    You say nobody wanted ww2.. but EA made a poll about what the community wanted for a future title and the results were ww2 by a significant margin.
  • barnesalmighty2
    You say nobody wanted ww2.. but EA made a poll about what the community wanted for a future title and the results were ww2 by a significant margin.

Perhaps the next pole they do should be linked into the news feed on consoles perhaps then everyone could have a voice as the vast majority of the player base do not come to these forums. Unless its to complain.
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Perhaps the next pole they do should be linked into the news feed on consoles perhaps then everyone could have a voice as the vast majority of the player base do not come to these forums. Unless its to complain.

And this is why if you came to the forums u would think there were hundreds of dead servers based on the complaints, when in fact I see thousands of full/near full servers in just NA
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

In-game survey? Why not.
  • Zinkys
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game has a lot of potential and I really wanted to see WWII from a battlefield perspective. Sadly, it's pretty clear someone at EA rammed this launch through and forced DICE to release a game that was not going to be ready for another 6 months. It's weird to see all these triple A developers screwing something up that by now for them should be just another day at the office.
  • Wessmyre
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

In-game survey? Why not.

You good sir need to run Battlefields EA.
  • Natetendo83
    1023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The bigger problem is we got a version of WWII that people just weren't interested in. People wanted a more authentic, Saving Private Ryan style vision of WWII. "DICE's lens" (as they call it) including female soldiers, unknown battles, war stories that alter the original history, etc, just isn't resonating with the fans who wanted a return to WWII.
  • warslag
    1594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Do you have a link to the poll results? I would like to have a look at that. Do you know when it was carried out? The only poll I seem to remember was just after BF3.