Battlefield 5 is gonna be a flop

Comments

• karcyon
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe sales wise but not for me.
  • SebastianYarric
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think it will be a flop, at least not on pc.
    It's a different thing on the Consoles, and it will flop hard on ps4 and Xbox mark my words...
    It will sell about 70% less in the long run compared to bf1. I think about 6,5-8 million copies.
    But it's only an estimation of the average sale numbers and the style of the game.
    -
    http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield
    -
    I won't deny its a bit like hardline in a ww2 look...
    and most ppl didn't like HL.
  • SilkWildey
    1033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think it will be a flop, at least not on pc.
    It's a different thing on the Consoles, and it will flop hard on ps4 and Xbox mark my words...
    It will sell about 70% less in the long run compared to bf1. I think about 6,5-8 million copies.
    But it's only an estimation of the average sale numbers and the style of the game.
    -
    http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield
    -
    I won't deny its a bit like hardline in a ww2 look...
    and most ppl didn't like HL.

Yeah, people on PC seem to like it more.

I have a ton of BF friends on my friends list on xbox and I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm the only person playing it.

Which is down from about 15 who played BF1, we will just have to see I predicted it wouldn't do quite as bad as Hardline but it would be a flop compared to their last 3 normal BF releases in BF1, BF4 and BF3.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    It came at a time when a lot of players were tired of the modern setting and wanted something different.

Although player numbers remained healthy, they did drop of quite sharply, relatively soon after release.

Yeah I think the reason for it success was giving the target group what they wanted in the way they wanted it.

And I do understand why a lot of players stoped playing it: RBD, too much suppression effect, poor balancing, lack of RSP at start, no servers on places were needed, no ping limit/the netcode (poor hit reg) are all things that push people away ...
  • SilkWildey
    1033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    It came at a time when a lot of players were tired of the modern setting and wanted something different.

Although player numbers remained healthy, they did drop of quite sharply, relatively soon after release.

Yeah I think the reason for it success was giving the target group what they wanted in the way they wanted it.

And I do understand why a lot of players stoped playing it: RBD, too much suppression effect, poor balancing, lack of RSP at start, no servers on places were needed, no ping limit/the netcode (poor hit reg) are all things that push people away ...

Worth noting it took absolutely ages for the first DLC to come! It was probably in my top 3 shooters of all time and even i was pretty burnt out waiting for that first DLC.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV has some of these problems too. Bad netcode and even worst balancing. I mean every gun is a laser. How is that balancing? Classes have less Special ranges. Except for snipers.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SilkWildey wrote: »

Worth noting it took absolutely ages for the first DLC to come! It was probably in my top 3 shooters of all time and even i was pretty burnt out waiting for that first DLC.

Yeah, I forgot that reason too, thanks for adding that one :)
  • AddyRazz
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think it will be a flop at all, however, I totally agree with you regarding the ammo crates and medic bags, also the speed of the tanks.
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had serious thoughts of suicide last night. The game has a way to really make a person insanely mad. The biggest thing is tanks, planes spam before we get out of base, fartpanzer, popcorn sounding nades, cap gun sounding sniper rifles, 20 billion luminous sniper scope, horrid object rendering, the Leonardo looking map scene, AA gun that cant kill nothing, INF tank shells cant even kill a flying frog.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    g0merpile wrote: »
    Had serious thoughts of suicide last night. The game has a way to really make a person insanely mad. The biggest thing is tanks, planes spam before we get out of base, fartpanzer, popcorn sounding nades, cap gun sounding sniper rifles, 20 billion luminous sniper scope, horrid object rendering, the Leonardo looking map scene, AA gun that cant kill nothing, INF tank shells cant even kill a flying frog.

:D

EDIT: All i could find via Google is that BFV has sold fairly poorly in its first week but i only found data for UK sales and even then, only for physical sales.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve been on other non BF gaming forums and when BFV is mentioned the talk is all “They told me not to buy it so *expletive deleted* em.” And continue to mention the many, many, many non-gameplay pre release issues that surrounded BFV. None of that anger/negativity has faded.

There have been plenty of articles about poor pre-sales already to herald the news of BFV’s low sales.

Plus now we have a half baked game.

Again.

• Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »

:D

EDIT: All i could find via Google is that BFV has sold fairly poorly in its first week but i only found data for UK sales and even then, only for physical sales.

They've dropped the price so close to release...even if you ignore physical sales totally they must be hurting across the board to do that, like badly, its under 50% of the release price.
  • SilkWildey
    I’ve been on other non BF gaming forums and when BFV is mentioned the talk is all “They told me not to buy it so *expletive deleted* em.” And continue to mention the many, many, many non-gameplay pre release issues that surrounded BFV. None of that anger/negativity has faded.

There have been plenty of articles about poor pre-sales already to herald the news of BFV’s low sales.

Plus now we have a half baked game.

Again.

Hype is huge and this games hype died about 3 or 4 seconds into the first trailer....once that hype has gone it's very hard to get back.

Even harder if you call your fans uneducated hahaha that marketing campaign will surely go down as one of the worst in gaming.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hype is huge and this games hype died about 3 or 4 seconds into the first trailer....once that hype has gone it's very hard to get back.

Even harder if you call your fans uneducated hahaha that marketing campaign will surely go down as one of the worst in gaming.

It’s almost surreal thinking about it now, never mind in 5 years time.

The whole thing was unbelievable at times.
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If by flop you mean selling 12 million instead of 15 million copies, then yes, that would be accurate.
  • IronSightSnipah
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    BFV has some of these problems too. Bad netcode and even worst balancing. I mean every gun is a laser. How is that balancing? Classes have less Special ranges. Except for snipers.

well said... every gun is a laser... ttk is so quick, the game is so unbalanced, i have already stopped playing this game and will likely cancel my subscription at the end of the month.
  • 78-Myers
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    In sixteen years of playing Battlefield, I have never seen a Battlefield title flop, maybe a slow start, but never a flop. Battlefield V wont flop either. Heck, I thought the beta was a blast.

Do you count BF Hardline in that assessment?

Standalone
  • ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You mean the time do death, not time to kill. Which are two different things. So I stopped reading after that. The time to kill is perfect.
  • ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    You're all missing the key thing here, the op can see into the future and not one of you have asked for the lottery numbers.

Me first, op, what you got for me?

I mean I have no ill feelings towards the game since I haven't even played it but you don't need to see into the future to see the reaction to this game has been awful though especially after the amazing reaction they got for BF1.

Is this some kind of joke?
    Let's ignore the people who do like it.

Also, was you around the forums when BF1 came out?
    Its the same bs we have now.

"It's not BF4, so it's not a true BF title"

Short memory.

Haha, this. OR when BF4 was released. I've never seen these forums as negative as then. And as you said, oh my, when BF1 was released... Especially the PC community was at rage over that game.
  • Wikstone
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2018
    I have 161 friends in origin, only 10 have bought the game.