BFV Upcoming Update Discussion

Comments

• woba42
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    There’s been a lot of discussion about TTK/TTD updates, revive changes, and a few other odds-and-ends improvement/changes coming up with next BFV update release.

I just want to say that i really hope you realize that TTD is the problem, not TTK. Netcode or whatever. Firing with vickers for example, on my screen i do hit 4,5 shots for enemy to die, but on his screen he just gets lasered in 0.3 secs cuz other shots don't register for him or what. Same with KE7, and sometimes with other weapons too. So PLEAAAAAAAASE stop changing TTK and fix the netcoding which is the real problem. Thanks :)
  • guilribeiro
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fix supression!!! I doesnt exist!
  • LMN118
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bit late but here goes:

Gameplay

TTK is fine.

Multiple server issues, latency, TTD, hit reg, disappearing shots etc.

Terrain destruction is terrible, buildings are either invulnerable, don't break down fully leaving gravity defying remains or simple just look bad. It looks like a lego house being blown up. Ground deformation is still not up to bad company standards.

Underwater graphics are terrible, on water it looks like you are in mercury (wakes).

Invisible terrain on some maps.

Player movement is just bad, you get stuck on the littlest thing, can't mantle objects (especially windows) and is generally frustrating.

Assignments break and then reset or don't track. Not fun. Not indicative of mastery. Remove the following word to fix "objective".

Various gliches while playing, reload animation not playing, repeatedly pulling out a supply pack, weapons not cycling or just not firing in combat being shot and killed long after you move around a corner and on and on.

Classes

Large supply boxes are not score efficient players don't interact with them.

Medics need a mid range weapon.

Assault has too many explosives options at the same time.

Weapons

All require a balance pass.

Sniper rifles overly suffer from bullet drop, compared to other weapons.

M1A1 carbine needs a headshot damage buff.

MMG bipods don't deploy half the time and when they do offer inconsistent accuracy and gameplay, sometimes they are like lasers others you can't hit anything.

LMGs I think are OK, but could use an increase to ADS time.

SMGs are fine, if anything too accurate at range. They should not outperform everything at close range, they are small calibre weapons. A general mobility buff, ADS time and movement speed may help.

Panzerfaust is too accurate. Also randomly veers off course to where you were last looking but probably server performance.

Dynamite, how you wire up dynamite, stick it to a tank and run away in seconds? Dynamite should be fused not remote detonated.

Rifle grenades too weak

S-Mines too weak.

Grenades need to be able to cook, adjust fuse time.

Tanks and vehicles

Heavier tanks need a health boost (Churchill, Tiger, Sturmtiger).

Bow MG is fired through the drivers viewport for some reason, change to a scope reticule. Reducing view angle will balance it.

Bow MG traverse seems excessive on all the tanks.

Tiger is historically inaccurate in places, too slow, details wrong etc.

All vehicle based weapons need a buff against infantry:

Autocannons

A 20mm round shouldn't do similar damage as a 7.92mm round. It also needs some splash damage added. Right now infantry can survive against multiple flakvierling hits.

AA guns too weak against everything.

They should also be able to damage buildings.

Main guns

Too weak against infantry, direct hit only in many cases. Require a substantial damage buff or add an HE round.

Inconsistent damage against buildings

Sturmtiger, a 38cm rocket of doom weighing nearly 400kg that has trouble killing infantry. Blast radius and strength needs radical buffing with an increase in load time. Anything in the impact point should be flattened.

Aircraft, almost invulnerable to ground fire. Carpet bombing. Not fun to play with in the slightest. Add nothing to ground gameplay which is the majority of players but suffering. Losing objectives in break through because a bomber killed every single defending player in one pass and is back just in time for the respawn.

Aircraft controls feel very wonky, but suspect I need to spend more time with them.

Could go on, but have to stop somewhere.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    A lot of us want to know about hardcore mode, we've bought the game and it's just not there and there is no official word saying anything. Patiently waiting.
    That has been a trending question. Let me dig into this.

Thanks it would be great to hear something, we're kind of hoping it will be available on the 2nd when custom servers are opened but like I said there's been no word.
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please fix the audio. There's no situational awareness. Can't hear footsteps.

People said there wasn't enough ambient sounds in the beta. It seems like the audio engineers increased the volume too much on distant gunfire and it's drowning out close range situational awareness sounds such as footsteps.
  • SirSouthpaw
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I Also Like to add one additional note;

"The Axis have all the best toys"

The BF109 G6 is de superior Fighter plane, once upgraded.
    The JU-88 is by far the superior Bomber plane, once upgraded.

And then to top it all of, If a guy (like me), dares to take on the airial combat with a fully upgraded Spitfire, the Axis side always have a Flagpanzer on Standby!

Guys it's crazy, the Flagpanzer has to be the most used tank by a mile, since many people use it to farm infantry with it, not to metion that this thing shreds fighter planes.

This vehicle balancing between Axis and Allies seem to be way off balance in my opinion.

Cheers.
  • Sixclicks
    5051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    - Weapon balancing

This is what I care most about. It seems like Assault is the dominant class at all ranges. Best CQB weapons, best medium ranged weapons, and best long ranged weapons. Plus you can easily take out a tank. Support is up there too, but mostly with the KE7. Which I'm glad is being adjusted.

Medic SMGs are decent in CQB. They don't really beat assault weapons in CQB though, except for the Suomi with the fire rate upgrade (which is ONLY good for CQB). Medic could really use another weapon type for more open maps like Hamada though. This is problematic because nobody wants to play medic on maps like that as a result. Which leads to full conquest games where there's only one or two medics on the whole team.

Recon is just terrible imo. Bolt actions don't do enough damage on body shots. I understand the low body shot damage is because of health attrition and the assumption that many players will be injured enough to die in one shot to the body with 55 damage, but that's simply not the case. Especially since every player spawns with bandages now. With the bandages, one can start healing immediately after being shot by a bolt action rifle and survive another shot before the enemy recon player can even get off his second shot. Which means bolt actions oftentimes have a 3BTK as a result.

The recon SLRs are also pretty lacking. The ZH-29 is fine, maybe a little to heavy on the recoil. The AL8 and RSC however drop off to a 3 hit kill at way too short of a range. At that point, they're not worth using at all, and assault SLRs, which are more forgiving and in some cases also stronger in CQB, are a much better option. They kill faster at long ranges than the AL8 or RSC. The higher recoil, compared to assault SLRs, also means you've got to pace your shots more and thus can't achieve their perfect TTK as easily like you can when spamming the G43 or Turner SMLE.

Lastly, the flare really needs to be buffed. It's absolutely useless right now.

So my questions would be:

Is assault always going to be the dominant class?

Will recon bolt actions ever do more damage on body shots now that everyone can self heal?

Will recon SLRs, specifically the AL8 and RSC, have their range increased?

Can we expect any recoil changes to the recon SLRs?

Is the flare something that will eventually be buffed so that it's useful again? The radius is way too tiny now. It hardly covers a house.

Is there any chance for medics getting another weapon type more suited to open combat on maps like Hamada?

Other suggestions:

Bandages need to have a delay before they start healing.

Reduce the intensity of scope glint

Remove any scope glint from recon 3x scopes or alternatively add scope glint to all class's 3x scopes

• SheriffPapa
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    When will we have some insight on the upcoming weapons in this update? I really want to see the browning Hi-power, preferably the pistol not the carbine, in this game and feel like this update, considering it is based around the German invasion of Belgium, would be the perfect time to incorporate it as they took over the FN plant in Herstal.
    Love the game so far guys keep up the good work and don't get discouraged by all the negative feedback, its just people complaining about problems that aren't there. The game is super fun and you should be proud of that!
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    its just people complaining about problems that aren't there. The game is super fun and you should be proud of that!

Oh well than please tell my game or drivers or PC (whatever...) that the endless EoR double loading spinner thing isn't there and i don't have to ALT F4 the game! Tell them too that Mastery assignments of some Weapons aren't bugged (gewehr 1-5)... And isn't there an TTD/megabullet/delay to die issue 🤔

if u aren't experiencing those issues thats fine but don't say they aren't there and everything is good...

ty
  • Zuddybear
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Tjäna, Dice!

I've been an avid and loyal BF-player ever since battlefield 1942. I hope you'll read the following as constructive criticisms for what I'm sure can and will turn out to be a very good game.
    ... its just people complaining about problems that aren't there. The game is super fun and you should be proud of that!

Yes, the game certainly has potential - but to say that the complaints are unfounded is naive to say the least. Let's just start with something almost no one has pointed to; the absense of an intuitive start menu. How can something as simple as a user interface menu get progressively worse from title to title? Why must you have to reinvent something that has worked fine in the past? And the confusing submenus, and subsubmenus in which you customize weapons and character appreance etc. This seriously needs some work. I honestly can't understand what you were thinking when designing this.

Health/Ammo crates
    Why is this a stationary box that you have to fix to the ground? In Bad Company 2, as I'm sure many will remember, these items were never a problem to deploy; they were "living" and dynamic items with real physics that would even glide downhill. Again, why do you reinvent this in a way that at the moment does not even work.

The vehicles
    I just have to stress this overly stressed subject to make sure the developers take notice. Two panzerfausts to the back will destroy my medium tank? I'll guess I'll wait another hour for a chance to play the tank again ... And please do something about the turret turn rate. At the moment tankers are incentiviced to camp at the back of the map in fear of getting too close to the assaults.

The vehicle density
    Why are there so few vehicles on maps like Hamada? This map feels far less epic than it should/could be as a result of this. To put it simple a map of this size has the capasity to take twice the current amount of tanks. And as others has pointed out; where are all the motorcycles and jeeps, i.e. transports? Again; what on earth were you thinking when designing this?

Weapon balance
    Beating a dead horse here, but again: I am simply appalled by the state in which some of the weapons are in right now. I've played medic ever since battlefield 2, but for the first time I cannot make myself play the class anymore. However, I must applause the fact that you've removed random deviation on bullet spread. Gunplay feels more similar to the mother of all FPS games: BC2. Very good.

TTK is fine, TTD is not
    Nuff said.

Lack of dedicated servers/forced map rotation
    Some maps are very good and obviously has some thought behind them (Hamada, Arras), and some are, sorry to say, awful (Devastation, Aerodrome). This two are grindfests that look cool, but play out very badly. Why are there no map specific servers? As it currently stand we're forced to play maps we do not like. Again, this is a feature that should have been in place at launch.

Other annoying bugs (I will keep updating this)
    Try aiming down sight with a revolver while in water. You aim through the barrell ....

Try flanking flags on maps like Hamada on the often uneven terrain. You end up jumping and vaulting to no effect, often resulting in death. Not fun.

As a previous poster pointed out, the server browser is seriously bugged. If you choose conquest, no servers or maps will pop up. There is a workaround where you go to full filter, and then reset filter. How you let this slip past quality control is beyond me.

Conclusion: I'll quote Levelcap and say the game has potential for greatness. All you have to do is follow up on many of the points made in this thread.
    Post edited by Zuddybear on
  • Erwinzz
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M1 Carbine is better than a G43 right now. This needs to change...
  • MrTurle1997
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tank splash damage needs a buff, a few camera bugs need fixing and leave the bloody ttk and ttd where it is!
    love planes so don't touch them either.
    medic weapons need a buff as well.

• Jaskaman
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of us want to know about hardcore mode, we've bought the game and it's just not there and there is no official word saying anything. Patiently waiting.
    That has been a trending question. Let me dig into this.

Thanks it would be great to hear something, we're kind of hoping it will be available on the 2nd when custom servers are opened but like I said there's been no word.

Are custom servers opened at 2nd? If you refer to Rented servers, we are still waiting info about it. Hopefully we get informed soon. It has been painful to wait info about RSP....
  • PvtJohnTowle
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    [2. Anti-leaver system (if you leave mid game = Ban for 5 min, if you leave a second time in the same day, Ban for 30 min, then 3 time in a day, ban for 1H)

LOL you are kidding! This has never been in a BF game and I hope it never will.
  • Jaskaman
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    [2. Anti-leaver system (if you leave mid game = Ban for 5 min, if you leave a second time in the same day, Ban for 30 min, then 3 time in a day, ban for 1H)

LOL you are kidding! This has never been in a BF game and I hope it never will.

Incursions (competitive mode BF1) had a bit like this. So it has been in BF game (kinda) :) But it does not belong to BF games, only to competitive mode...
  • RobKul86
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    It's ridiculous... I couldn't deploy on map and i wasn't alone with this. After a while the game has disconnected. Then I find new game and it happen again...

2nd thing - fix the balance.
    Post edited by RobKul86 on
  • -GAL-Aquaa
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VOTE to KICK!!
    Let the player democracy to decide who's cheating, not the FairFight!
  • Zuddybear
    I just posted and edited a very long and constructive post that apparently some mod has decided to delete. Thanks for wasting my time ...
  • Jaskaman
    -GAL-Aquaa wrote: »
    VOTE to KICK!!
    Let the player democracy to decide who's cheating, not the FairFight!

This could be a plugin for RSP :)
  • Tyl3rTh3Kill3r
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV needs map voting like in BF1