BFV sales tank by 63% (vs BF1 in UK)

Comments

• wc138
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think we need a link to where these figures come from. Then we can actually see what the percentages are taken from.

Otherwise, it literally does nothing for us to say it "tanked by 63%"

From yesterday? Last week? Compared to BF1? In Christmas shopping comparison? Digital sells? Hard Copy? Sales at Game Stop? What are the conditions?

• 5bulletsSLR
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    game is a trash for sure, BF1 seems why better than BF5 ATM, which is really a shame
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    wc138 wrote: »
    I think we need a link to where these figures come from. Then we can actually see what the percentages are taken from.

Otherwise, it literally does nothing for us to say it "tanked by 63%"

From yesterday? Last week? Compared to BF1? In Christmas shopping comparison? Digital sells? Hard Copy? Sales at Game Stop? What are the conditions?

You can literally find the answers to all those questions by a simple Google search in the same time it took you to write the post. Here's a hint: it's UK physical sales data, and the comparison is between bf v in its first week versus bf1 in its first 3 days. Bf1 also topped the charts for two consecutive weeks when it was released.

It's a failure for Dice, no amount of spin can hide it.
  • baroncrovax
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Talsakun wrote: »
    I find it interesting that no one is talking about Access Premier. For people who buy more than 1 EA game in a year, it is a no brainer. There are no official sign up stats for the service but I have no doubt many people signed up for it, even if it was just the $15 monthly plan (which they can cancel whenever they like). In which case EA couldn't care less about "physical" launch sales.

It was brought up in the earlier thread but again I say that Access Premiere was only for PC.

Not only is PC the smallest playerbase, it is also the one that would likely have a higher percentage of digital purchasers even prior to BF1. By the time BF1 came out retail shops barely bother with hardcopy PC titles because you can't re-sell them.
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Does anyone know where you can find the online player numbers? Had a look at battlefieldtracker but couldn’t find the numbers for BFV. That most likely the way to find how successful BFV is.

On a side note, the thing I hate the most about BFV is how it’s turned the community against it’s self.
    Post edited by robmcewen on
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if true that's fine, I don't care of a game does less than what the game before it did. what worries me is if EA Premire access is genuinely a success and the cause for such a massive drop... people don't know what they are getting themselves into with this service crap... you think Premium pass was restrictive? expect future content to arrive to Premire users before the rest as well as Premire user having much more free stuff like double XP events, early unlocks and many other bonuses.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Talsakun wrote: »
    I find it interesting that no one is talking about Access Premier. For people who buy more than 1 EA game in a year, it is a no brainer. There are no official sign up stats for the service but I have no doubt many people signed up for it, even if it was just the $15 monthly plan (which they can cancel whenever they like). In which case EA couldn't care less about "physical" launch sales.

It was brought up in the earlier thread but again I say that Access Premiere was only for PC.

Not only is PC the smallest playerbase, it is also the one that would likely have a higher percentage of digital purchasers even prior to BF1. By the time BF1 came out retail shops barely bother with hardcopy PC titles because you can't re-sell them.

Origin access premier is the subscription service for PC players, and EA access premier is the subscription service for consoles I believe. ( it may be only for XBox I'm not sure)
  • crabman169
    12761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Gotta love the clickbait and op just posting a YouTube video

It's not clickbait. It's a topic worthy of a thread on the forums for the game the topic concerns. If you have nothing to add with regards to the topic feel free to hit the back button.

Well how about YOU have an actual discussion about it and present all the facts not hide behind bias YouTube videos.

Don't want to. Don't got time. I like posting topics and sitting back reading replies and eating carrots.

So you don't want to yet make threads but also don't have time yet watch YouTube videos and makes threads about them

Hmmmm

So youre further admitting that all you do is just troll this forum; nice.
  • Masqerader
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Physical copies are a dying breed, unless people want their super duper collectors edition. Most buy digital so they pre-load and play at release time
  • BaronVonGoon
    6153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

It's not clickbait. It's a topic worthy of a thread on the forums for the game the topic concerns. If you have nothing to add with regards to the topic feel free to hit the back button.

Well how about YOU have an actual discussion about it and present all the facts not hide behind bias YouTube videos.

Don't want to. Don't got time. I like posting topics and sitting back reading replies and eating carrots.

So you don't want to yet make threads but also don't have time yet watch YouTube videos and makes threads about them

Yep pretty much sums it up.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This is a troll thread, just admit it. LMAO! Geez. First thing that came to my mind anyhow.
  • TropicPoison
    1984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This is a troll thread, just admit it. LMAO! Geez. First thing that came to my mind anyhow.

Because some people are voicing their own personal opinions, dislikes, and concerns for this game makes it a troll thread? No.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Facts are facts.

The sales are massively down in the U.K. versus BF1. Over the games first 3 days on sale. How could that be a surprise to anyone following the saga of EA/DICE and BFV?

The next big question is what happens to the “live service” if the lower number of players don’t start buying micro transactions?

Will they do a SWBF2 and drip out the odd update and map since the game “failed to meet expectations.”

None of this is good news.

• CPTN-Cr4ptastic

Because some people are voicing their own personal opinions, dislikes, and concerns for this game makes it a troll thread? No.

"Battlefield 5 Sales Tank By 63% [vs BF1 in UK]" Accompanied by a Youtube Video. Where is the OP's personal opinion? dislike, or concern? HE HASNT EVEN PARTICIPATED IN HIS OWN THREAD! So yes, I consider this to be a troll thread. You have to be kidding me, right?
  • BaronVonGoon
    6153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

"Battlefield 5 Sales Tank By 63% [vs BF1 in UK]" Accompanied by a Youtube Video. *** Where is the OP's personal opinion? dislike, or concern? HE HASNT EVEN PARTICIPATED IN HIS OWN THREAD! *** So yes, I consider this to be a troll thread. You have to be kidding me, right?

Ok I'll play. You are mistaken and so is the other guy making the claim that I'm not participating in my own thread. This thread is version 2. Version one was locked due to people derailing it. My participation is in version 1. If my views and reviews are held in such regard for you and the other guy please let me know I will notify you in the future.

Here is version. 1 which includes my participation:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/166254/bfv-sales-tank-by-63-vs-bf1-in-uk#latest
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic

"Battlefield 5 Sales Tank By 63% [vs BF1 in UK]" Accompanied by a Youtube Video. *** Where is the OP's personal opinion? dislike, or concern? HE HASNT EVEN PARTICIPATED IN HIS OWN THREAD! *** So yes, I consider this to be a troll thread. You have to be kidding me, right?

Ok I'll play. You are mistaken and so is the other guy making the claim that I'm not participating in my own thread. This thread is version 2. Version one was locked due to people derailing it. My participation is in version 1. If my views and reviews are held in such regard for you and the other guy please let me know I will notify you in the future.

Here is version. 1 which includes my participation:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/166254/bfv-sales-tank-by-63-vs-bf1-in-uk#latest

Ok, let me get this straight, you had an original post on this very topic which some of us were not aware of... It got derailed ( as people get off topic at times) and locked. You then felt the need to re post the Youtube Video in which best describes your beliefs and feelings about the financial state of this game, which is also fine. I'm not sure what, but something tells me that you still need to participate in your new post or people will immediately form opinions and label you as a troll, especially those of us who were not aware of your original post. Does anything that I'm saying make any sense at all? If it does, you should participate in a meaningful way in this post.
  • BaronVonGoon
    Im done. @LOLGotYerTags can you help out, these two don't want to stick to topic.
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sales due seem to such can't think of any other reason price has gone down. ..

And the fact ea stock has gone down 44% since july
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    Sales due seem to such can't think of any other reason price has gone down. ..

And the fact ea stock has gone down 44% since july

It's not just EA or the gaming industry, I work for Owen's Corning, and our stock is down 40% also.
  • nutcrackr
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Facts are facts.

The sales are massively down in the U.K. versus BF1. Over the games first 3 days on sale. How could that be a surprise to anyone following the saga of EA/DICE and BFV?

The next big question is what happens to the “live service” if the lower number of players don’t start buying micro transactions?

Will they do a SWBF2 and drip out the odd update and map since the game “failed to meet expectations.”

None of this is good news.
    If you look up an interview with David Sirland, he says that maps are by far the biggest time consumer for them, so this live service allows them to take more time with each map. After battle royale is added, I don't expect more than 2 more maps for the entire lifetime. There is just no way that EA lets DICE fool around with BFV when there is no audience. No audience is not great for cosmetic microtransactions.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!