Weekly BF

** (HotFix incoming) You are spotted for 5 seconds when you get a kill

BaronVonGoon
6876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
***December 7th:

We won't have to wait much longer apparently Florian says this will be via HotFix within the next few days:

*** December 3rd:

https://i.imgur.com/16vZUXJ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

It's not getting fixed tomorrow. It's not getting fixed in the patch after that. It MAY get fixed in the future. MAY. Depends on feedback Monolov says. So guys if you don't like this stupid mechanic speak out.

Original post:

When you get a kill you are spotted on the enemy minimap for 5 seconds. It's yet another bug, not intended to be this way apparently.

Credit: Danny

Post edited by BaronVonGoon on

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good info, cheers. I was wondering why I was seeing red dots pop up on my mini-map as team mates died.
  • FrozenDroplet
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're shown in enemy's minimap everytime you fire a gun, not get a kill.
  • Blakkwolfe
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If that was the case, I'd see a ton more enemies on the minimap. You are probably thinking of BF1.
  • mf_shro0m
    1757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blakkwolfe wrote: »

If that was the case, I'd see a ton more enemies on the minimap. You are probably thinking of BF1.

I suspected shooting in BFV puts you on the minimap, but he's mistaken it doesn't, test it and you'll see.

So did I. So what causes the red dots to pop up on the minimap?
    Being spotted and getting a kill (for now)?
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    well, i didnt notice. but its good as it is!
    dont want to hear more crying about "buhuuuuu i cant see enemys" even more than in current state.
    they should leave it as it is.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That clears up a lot for me. I'm constantly saying "How the F did they know I was there?!?!" and now at least I know and I'm glad it will be fixed. Hopefully they can get it in the first patch.
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No you do not.
    Pillownaut wrote: »
    This is rich. Makes the "with spotting gone you can finally pull off a good flank in this game" comments look hilarious. Like it was impossible to do in the former titles. Placebo ist stronk! :D

I mean it's still true given how many people don't look at their Minimap and how often you can pull off a flank with kills on route and not once be challenged.
    And that's the thing too it's a 2D spot on the Minimap not a bomb carrier tracker

~

Obviously it's not that bad as people made it to to be for it be found out now some time after launches; hopefully they can fix is soon though
  • BaronVonGoon
    6876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One more month of this bug. Ughh

• BURGERKRIEG
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep I’ve seen it last night.

I think it actually improves the experience even though it can bring death.

What a mess.

• LinkZeppeloyd
    805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pillownaut wrote: »
    This is rich. Makes the "with spotting gone you can finally pull off a good flank in this game" comments look hilarious. Like it was impossible to do in the former titles. Placebo ist stronk! :D

It was getting TO the flank that was hard thanks to magic spotting. Of course they’ll know you’re flanking them once you open fire on them, bug or no bug, spotting or no spotting.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ridiculous bug.
  • Hawxxeye
    6050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That explains a lot.
    Good job finding that.
  • LassePladask
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its not a bug I think. Just another handicap for people that need help to find enemy. I played only hardcore since BF3 and it was first thing I noticed. Got random chimpanzees coming at me for no reason and I see my team all the time chasing after red dots on minimap. Its good against campers some say? I never had too much problem with campers in any BF ? You welcome to camp in any of my objective zones whenever you want. >:)
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can confirm. Explains a lot of "funny" moments. This is a critical bug and needs to get fixed ASAP.
  • BaronVonGoon
    Naskoni wrote: »
    Can confirm. Explains a lot of "funny" moments. This is a critical bug and needs to get fixed ASAP.

Yeah in 2019. Maybe.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since I found out about this I've been having a much better experience. I make sure I'm alway sticking and moving. I even get some kills on people going to my ping when I circle around. I still get killed because of it and its painfully obvious when it happens. Usually its someone pre firing the corner that I had to stay in to heal up or reload. I'll be glad when its gone.