Weekly Debrief

FJELL is the worst map in the Battlefield franchise

JPBF3PT
165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
Long time BF player (since Bad Company 2) and never i hated a map this much!
Completely nonsense having a tight map with several entrances on each flag and being a fest for bomber abusers... just terrible! Easily after just 2 minutes into the game you can have a couple of guys with more than 30 kills and zero deaths... that´s what you call balance DICE??

Comments

• l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just wait until the inevitable AA buff.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Road to Jalabad bf2 is up there.....
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i dont like this map either. but hamada CQ still worst in whole franchise for me!
  • DigitalHype
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The map could be fine. Remove the bombers.
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I kind of agree.

Its simular to other battlefield clusterfuck maps like Operation Locker or Argone Forest, but with the nasty addition of bombers flying constantly over your head and raining down bombs on you. Imagine Argone Forest with airplains, but without the trees to cover under.Its basicaly a farming simulator for wanabe pro bomber pilots, who think they deserve the 60+ kills they get on this map. Even if the AA would do more damage, it wouldnt matter anyways, because the airplains can just dive in cover behind the next mountain side, whenever they feel the need to.

The map itself wouldnt be that bad without the bombers. Sure its not the best map i have ever played in battlefield, but without the airplains there would be worse maps out there, like already said Hamada, or the new dlc panzerstorm map which is comming next month, which seems to be also real boring, if you dont like playing as tank. I only hope there will be custom server soon, where you can disable vehicles, or play certain maps over and over again and dont have to go through the whole map rotation. Another good thing to have would be a live ticket counter, which shows you how many tickets are left in the round before entering the server. Loading into a round takes relativly long and its just not fun to load into an almost finished round just to see that the next map will be Hamada. Thats just a lot of wasted time there.
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The map could be fine. Remove the bombers.

Remove the planes, full stop.
    It could actually be a very good map.

• BURGERKRIEG
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s terrible.

• fbang
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't know if it's the worst in the franchise, but it's the worst in this game. It's just too bland compared to the other. It needs more buildings. More variety. It feels like a Star Wars Battlefront map.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjørnfjell,_Nordland

So they will give us close to historically accurate maps - just please let us paint our faces!
  • Pillownaut
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell > Metro. But yeah, it's not a very entertaining map.
  • OLDSKOOL1908
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    phr91 wrote: »
    i dont like this map either. but hamada CQ still worst in whole franchise for me!

Agree.
  • SkilletBurn
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell should be removed, its that bad.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I actually don't think I've been killed yet by a Bomber on it, which is surprising, but I do feel it would probably be a much better map without them. I don't hate the map though as much as I see others. It's pretty humorous, I seem to dislike the maps I mostly see praised (Arras, Twisted Steel, Hamada) and enjoy the maps that I usually see getting some flak (Fjell, Devastation, Rotterdam). :p
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lancang Dam, anyone? :neutral:
  • dcs500
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve removed Fjell from my CQ prefs, it’s ok breakthrough though.
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are 5-6 planes per team, there's no excuse for bombers to go unchecked on this map. Fighters in their current state are ridiculously strong and melt bombers in less than 3 seconds if you're using any gun other than stock. Even if a bomber has fighters protecting it, you can usually kill it before the fighter kills you since you're a smaller target.

If you and all of your teammates suck at fighters to the point that you can't take down the bomber when you have 5-6 available to you, quite frankly you deserve to be killed over and over again. People going on large killstreaks because they're going against lemmings with no skill has nothing to do with anything being OP.
  • smys123
    Lancang Dam, anyone? :neutral:

Uh you could get under that map. That "feature" makes it awesome.
  • marcanthony421
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Galicia, sinai, suez, thats just from bf1. Fjell is fine to me.
  • JPBF3PT
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like i´ve said in the original post, it´s small, lot of entrances to each flag, it´s very open (snipers camp close to the rocks and are impossible to be seen), bombers rack kills at ease. You can´t even compare Fjell to Argonne Forest ... the second had plenty of cover, you could run from flag to flag from several directions always with cover ... and NO PLANES!

It´s just terrible!! You fight your way to the flags (PTFO) like you are meant to, and then you get killed by a camping sniper or bomber miles away ... that´s not fun at all.
    DICE get your ***t together! make maps properly like you did in the past!
  • SlowOldWarrior
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 is the worst game in the franchise (Cops n' Robbers don't count).