Weekly Debrief

so who else is disgruntled about the beta versus release performance?

KarmaKinetic
1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
I could play this game fine on both the alpha and beta on medium-high settings. Come release day I cant get more then 10 FPS, no matter what I do, even on low settings.
This leads to me having a feeling of being scammed into not to cancel a pre-order.
If I would have known this was going to happen, I would have cancelled my pre-order, bought an XBOX and pre-ordered the game for that.
Now I am stuck with a €80 worthless game I can't even get a refund for anymore.

I am going to get in touch with support to see if my pre-order can be carried over to my new XBOX, but I am just curious about how many people are unhappy with the game's performance comparing the performance of the beta to the final release?

PS: I even got EA Access Premier to play this game a few days early, so Ive been scammed out of more money tbh :)

Comments

• PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Specs may help.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    specs dont help; the point is the beta ran fine and the final product doesn't.
  • Carbonic
    1478 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Sounds like something is going wrong on your system and you need to troubleshoot the issue on your end. Asking about performance differences in a new thread seems rather pointless when there are already several other threads about it, including some where people actually get their problem solved. I would also recommend you go look at the already existing threads at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/battlefield-v-technical-issues-en
  • McFoaners
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Performance is similar for me than in beta. Actually it is increased if you play with DX12.
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    specs dont help; the point is the beta ran fine and the final product doesn't.

Beta was at same performance than final for me. Get your system sorted, whatever it contains...
  • KarmaKinetic
    Nothing is wrong on my system; nothing changed. I have also tried numurous suggestions from other threads to enhance my FPS, but to no luck. My system is below spec, but that's not really the point. The point is there's a massive performance difference between beta (my pc performed fine) and final product (multiplayer is a no go, it's just 8-10 fps). People made decisions on wether or not to buy/ keep the product based on the beta version, like me. That is the point.

But sure, I will try some more suggestions from the numerous other threads only to find out they wont help
  • PcPAirgun
    Nothing is wrong on my system. My system is below spec, but that's not really the point.

That's why you need to list your goddamn specs. Are you on a cpu limit? Or gpu limit? Ffr not enabled, ram in singlechannel mode...

Or we can just guess and nothing will help you.
  • Carbonic
    1478 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Alphas and betas are for testing, not for demoing performance - that's what old school demos are for but those aren't really made anymore (instead shops like Origin and Steam allow you to return the game quickly after trying it, should it not work on your system).
    Especially not when you are below spec, as the features not included in test builds that are enabled for the release version is built to work on the minimum spec and above and not nessesarily tested and supports system below minimum spec for various reasons like the fact that they don't get updated drivers anymore.
    Nothing is wrong on my system; nothing changed.
    That raises a red flag already, gaming PCs are supposed to change, the software you are trying to run is always changing and so must the system that runs it (drivers, firmware and all).
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Beta ran a little better but only slightly in my case. If there is a difference it is 5-10 fps max.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You cannot compare performance from the beta to the full retail release of the game. There were many features disabled/absent from the beta version, it is there for testing to see how the game performs under load and to locate minor bugs. Further more, if you have a system that is under minimum specifications then you ought to consider upgrading before making conclusions on the games performance. It is your system causing you to have 10 fps .... not the game.
  • afzSnickelfritz
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full release is smoother than the beta in DX12.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Always go off of system requirements and never beta's.
  • KarmaKinetic
    all sorted, got my refund, now onto a XBOX key, bye bye PC platform
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was getting steady 70fps with a 1050, how far below spec was your system?
  • Bon3zz1001
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    It's definitely gotten worse. When the Premier trial started I would generally stay around 70-100 with the lowest dipping to around 60. Ever since the patch that added RTX to the game I'm struggling to even hold 60 and dropping down to 30 fps on maps like Rotterdam. I used to be able to run the game on high settings @ 1080p and now I can't even run it on the lowest possible settings. Doesn't matter how low something is changed the framerate doesn't change. DX12 breaks the games lighting for me and when it doesn't it after 10 minutes the game will tank to 10 fps for 10 seconds every 20 seconds.

Computer
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12497575
    I'm sure some reject on here is going to cry and say LUL YOU ONLY HAVE 4 CORES NOOB yet that doesn't explain why it ran fine before the patch. That doesn't explain why Battlefield 1 I can hold 100+ fps.
  • raptorjesus36
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I could play this game fine on both the alpha and beta on medium-high settings. Come release day I cant get more then 10 FPS, no matter what I do, even on low settings.
    This leads to me having a feeling of being scammed into not to cancel a pre-order.
    If I would have known this was going to happen, I would have cancelled my pre-order, bought an XBOX and pre-ordered the game for that.
    Now I am stuck with a €80 worthless game I can't even get a refund for anymore.

I am going to get in touch with support to see if my pre-order can be carried over to my new XBOX, but I am just curious about how many people are unhappy with the game's performance comparing the performance of the beta to the final release?

PS: I even got EA Access Premier to play this game a few days early, so Ive been scammed out of more money tbh :)

plays better for me now then it did in the beta. Maybe something wrong with your PC?
  • raptorjesus36
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bon3zz1001 wrote: »
    It's definitely gotten worse. When the Premier trial started I would generally stay around 70-100 with the lowest dipping to around 60. Ever since the patch that added RTX to the game I'm struggling to even hold 60 and dropping down to 30 fps on maps like Rotterdam. I used to be able to run the game on high settings @ 1080p and now I can't even run it on the lowest possible settings. Doesn't matter how low something is changed the framerate doesn't change. DX12 breaks the games lighting for me and when it doesn't it after 10 minutes the game will tank to 10 fps for 10 seconds every 20 seconds.

Computer
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12497575
    I'm sure some reject on here is going to cry and say LUL YOU ONLY HAVE 4 CORES NOOB yet that doesn't explain why it ran fine before the patch. That doesn't explain why Battlefield 1 I can hold 100+ fps.

I don't think it has anything to do with "lol you only have 4 cores" but that your CPU is just old and outdated.
  • PcPAirgun
    all sorted, got my refund, now onto a XBOX key, bye bye PC platform

Looks like the better platform for you.
  • JiggleWang
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me full release runs substantially better with Dx11 ffr on. Miles better in dx12.

Just realized the op ran off.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely smoother than Alpha and beta for me. I have a higher end system that struggled before release.