Please BUFF RECON !

Comments

  • Luggerix
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Give shotguns to Scouts.
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bolt action rifles are just cool. The weapons in Battlefield 1 are just awesome. It just feels authentic.
    Give the weapon some credit and encourage people to use it. It was the most commonly used weapon in both wars so it should get a buff in BV and B1 as opposed to the modern era B3-4 where its only a sniper weapon.
  • eSynthetiK
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    eSynthetiK wrote: »
    And since the crybabies in the community are so vehemently against snipers sitting back in the hills away from the objective I suggest DICE goes back to the old damage drop off styles of bf3-4 where the bolt actions do 100 damage up close (or 80 damage with a 1.25 multiplier to the body like in BF3) to atleast give aggressive recons the tools to push objectives and compete up close with the other weapons.
    Agree. If you want Recon closing on the objectives and not hiding out at the edge. Then don’t nerf their weapons at close range. The weapons are already single shot, if you miss the shot against any other weapon you’re dead. That’s hardly OP

    You do know that like every other class you want it all, to dominate all ranges? You seriously got cod knifes. I am pretty sure everyone playing assault wants an all range headshot to, or supports want an anti-sniper shield blocking all headshots. Medics wants shield bubble to do revives in.

    Kinda like the m1a1, stg44, strumgewehr 1-5, gewehr 43, and selbstader for assault? Or how about the KE7 or Drilling for support? Literally the only part of your argument that holds any validity is with medics, and even then they have smoke that is pretty much a shield for revives. Please bring better points pls
  • eSynthetiK
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    The way I see Battlefield is about squad action and taking objectives.
    Recon can’t participate with a squad because their weapon is too weak at the ranges the squad is playing at. And Recon can’t actually take an objective because getting in close is too dangerous.
    I get it that you don’t want a class that doesn’t participate in the action and just sits away sniping. But that’s exactly what the current system does. Single shot rifles can’t be OP. They’re single shot!
    I’d like to see actual stats that indicate the class is out of balance instead of just anecdotes.
    Playing Scout on Hardcore B1 is awesome. Using bolt rifles and iron sights is great action.

    Some of the stats for bolt actions have been datamined recently. If they're actually true then it shows just how the rifles are so close to one another in terms of stats

    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/165799/bolt-action-stats#latest

    That's the link to the thread and you can for yourself the state bolt actions are in
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what they do to Recon

    As seen above, there will never. NEVER be a day when they are not the focus of complaints. You can be doing 55 damage with bolt actions, have glare on x3 scopes on Recon ONLY while other classes get the same scope, no glare

    Less velocity, no sweetspot (which is fine)

    No straight pull bolt actions

    The more aggressive SLR options are better, but pale in comparison to Assault semi-autos. You're pretty much a Recon w/o scope glare, better combat oriented traits, great offensive gadgets for building destruction, you get a bazooka to launch wherever you please

    It's just a joke at this point. How anyone could argue that Recon is still the "annoying" class in comparison to Assault?


    Agreed, they have always been a sore spot - always will be, but see the below cut & paste from my other post on a different thread.

    Spotting is gone (mostly), bullet drop is easier, and snipers do less damage - they just switched mechanics to buff/gimp long distance shots.

    How about we all agree to make it like BF3? You know when you actually had to use the mil-dot reticles to make hits at distance.

  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    eSynthetiK wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    The way I see Battlefield is about squad action and taking objectives.
    Recon can’t participate with a squad because their weapon is too weak at the ranges the squad is playing at. And Recon can’t actually take an objective because getting in close is too dangerous.
    I get it that you don’t want a class that doesn’t participate in the action and just sits away sniping. But that’s exactly what the current system does. Single shot rifles can’t be OP. They’re single shot!
    I’d like to see actual stats that indicate the class is out of balance instead of just anecdotes.
    Playing Scout on Hardcore B1 is awesome. Using bolt rifles and iron sights is great action.

    Some of the stats for bolt actions have been datamined recently. If they're actually true then it shows just how the rifles are so close to one another in terms of stats

    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/165799/bolt-action-stats#latest

    That's the link to the thread and you can for yourself the state bolt actions are in
    The stats I’d be interested to see are:
    What % of players are doing Recon? Is it really too popular?
    What % of kills go to snipers? Are they really that dominant?

  • scienceteacher74
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recon is just fine as is, they need to nerf assault class and weapons over distances
  • Remiwinkz
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    No. Every 64 player map has 30 idiots camping outside objectives with a sniper rifle because they don't want a negative K/D..as if anyone cares. So many people complain how this game is "easy mode" but none of them actually play the objectives. I can't wait until all of these threads stop a month from now when all these people move on to another game.
  • eSynthetiK
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remiwinkz wrote: »
    No. Every 64 player map has 30 idiots camping outside objectives with a sniper rifle because they don't want a negative K/D..as if anyone cares. So many people complain how this game is "easy mode" but none of them actually play the objectives. I can't wait until all of these threads stop a month from now when all these people move on to another game.

    My man.....you do know we can look up any players stats, including yours right? lol
    The hours you have in any of the games you've played make it seem like you're the one thats gonna move on to another game in a month
    So just leave the discussion about balance to those of us who are gonna stick around and just enjoy the couple of hours you're gonna be playing
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    eSynthetiK wrote: »
    eSynthetiK wrote: »
    All of you that try to push this 'recon hate' agenda are pathetic honestly. Snipers are statistically weaker than they've ever been in a BF series (atleast since BC2) and with the removal of random spread from guns, every class except for smg's can easily out gun snipers within ~300m. The zh-29 is arguably the best weapon right now for recon since it hits for a few less points than bolt-actions but at triple the rate of fire. And since the crybabies in the community are so vehemently against snipers sitting back in the hills away from the objective I suggest DICE goes back to the old damage drop off styles of bf3-4 where the bolt actions do 100 damage up close (or 80 damage with a 1.25 multiplier to the body like in BF3) to atleast give aggressive recons the tools to push objectives and compete up close with the other weapons.

    And before anyone complains that snipers shouldn't be good up close, keep that same energy in regards to the Drilling shotgun which does both up close and long range phenomenally. It's just that 60 damage point blank for some bolts and having to follow up with 3-4 pistol shots is absurd to say the least as you'll usually end up getting killed before you can even pull out your pistol if your opponent is semi decent at shooting.

    Snipers hide in the back because they are too scared to come up close. All of this "make scout weapons stronger up close to bring in the recons towards the flags" talk is complete nonsense. They are scared of the TTK so they go nowhere near the action on purpose. All buffing the scout weapons in CQC does is give players that normally wouldn't play scout a way to cheese kills. Pretty much what the pre nerf Martini Henry did in BF1.

    My man, that might be how it is on xbox1 where you play but on pc there are aggressive recons that actually push objectives since the skill ceiling for aiming on pc is very high. And the fact that bolt actions cant compete cqc just makes camping recons all the more prevalent, do you not see this? And cheesing kills? Is the KE7 not cheesing kills? How about the M1a1? M30 Drilling? Panzerfausting infantry? Bombers? There's tons of weapons that 'cheese' kills, why not let recon have theirs? Oh I forgot, because most people are on a hate train for recons because in their mind they think that they all sit in the back and don't help the team in this video game where anyone can play how they want to.

    If the good recons are pushing objectives then what is the problem? Seems like we are where we need to be then.

    The problem is Recons have no place in the game right now.

    If you try and play Recon aggressively, you'll just get destroyed by every other class. So the only option they have right now is to play at range, barely getting involved.

    Look, i hate camping snipers as much as the next guy, but if you actually played the class and tried the SLRs then tried the Assaults SLRs, you'll see the problem clear as day.

    You guys need to get your story straight. The guy I was quoting thinks that good recons have no problem pushing the objectives aggressively. We can't balance classes based on the lowest common denominator or players that want to go way outside their class role. When that happens we have the abomination which was BF1 scouts.
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Naaah, but I would be ok with smaller headhitbox and a tad higher min dmg.
    Not sure what people want, should all classes have the possibility to compete in all ranges or should it be like it is now?
    Maybe shotties and dmrs should go back to be all class weapons to end this discussion.
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remiwinkz wrote: »
    No. Every 64 player map has 30 idiots camping outside objectives with a sniper rifle because they don't want a negative K/D..as if anyone cares.
    Of course they are camping at the edge of the map, why wouldn’t they? The Recon rifles are so weak up close there’s no other way to play Recon. If DICE gave the single shot rifles OHK like they should have and let them do 100% damage at close range then you’d see a Recon come close to the action. But this current play style is driven by the gun mechanics.

  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Remiwinkz wrote: »
    No. Every 64 player map has 30 idiots camping outside objectives with a sniper rifle because they don't want a negative K/D..as if anyone cares.
    Of course they are camping at the edge of the map, why wouldn’t they? The Recon rifles are so weak up close there’s no other way to play Recon. If DICE gave the single shot rifles OHK like they should have and let them do 100% damage at close range then you’d see a Recon come close to the action. But this current play style is driven by the gun mechanics.

    All they need to do is buff the SLRs a bit, people do just fine with bolt actions as I routinely see G95 snipers top the kill board. A close combat role for recon doesn't make much sense given how the spotting now works, but if people are determined to be CC snipers they should at least improve the SLRs to be able to out shoot assault DMRs at medium to long range without goddamn scope glare.


    My idea would be to implement scope glare for all scopes but eliminate the glare below 75m on the 3x scope for ALL classes, that way you can still spot camper across the map but recon has a role to play mid range. Still seems like the way the class is currently designed it has no place beyond sniping, if you want to snipe up close just play assault atm.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I am working on slrs now, when I get the rof increase to 200, then it is gonna be interesting. I really suck with bolts...lol

    Anyway, Model 8, tree all the way on the left, ran a 34-8 round I think it was top 5 on the team on Amsterdam, lots of time on flags. I wouldnt say that it is so bad after leveling it up. Only irons on. 5 rounds really suck so lots of follow up pistol and 75 meters ends sooner than you think...lol

    The big issue I seem to have now is the Ke7, like a puny 20% recoil is gonna do something...

    And the Flare gun really is useless. it probably need 200% more range, and then if it burns out faster so be it, better to burn out than to fade away. Spotting scope is really good, on an open map...
    Post edited by Major_Pungspark on
  • lAlucard
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xDJ_Cas wrote: »
    lAlucard wrote: »
    I'm glad the sweet spot is gone and all but DICE has really made this class too underpowered compared to assault and all the other classes. It essentially forces you to chose between a low rate of fire bolt actions, (without straight-pull mechanics) or medium to long range bolt action.

    The "Self-Loading Rifles" aka the DMRS are just nerfed versions of the BF1 medic rifles and honestly dont compare to the current rifles on assault. For one thing the rifles on both assault and recon are 2 hit headshots. But recon rifles only gets a 5-6 round clip compared to assaults 10-15+ clips... Its impossible to be competitive with that... They should be a one hit headshot on recon. Sure the RSC is a great gun, when you finally unlock it but every other gun is nerfed so hard... Hell even if you want a long range shot YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK IT !

    zeroing shouldnt be a damn unlock...

    Check Stodeh gameplay and be silent about Sniper class. You seems can't play correctly with bolt action rifle. Such casuals like you come and only whine: buff this, decrease that ...

    Stodeh is pretty dope.

    But i'm not a whiney causal. I use iron sights because the damn 3x has the damn flashlight effect (its not glare because real glare has to do with light and angle of reflection). I also know how to find an enemy sniper by sound and angle of the hit marker because I'm not a noob who needs a killcam or flashlight.

    I was literally in the top 200 on longest headshot when BF1 first came out (~700m). In BFBC2 I had platinum on every single sniper. I was also in top 200 in knife kills in BFBC2 so I can play aggressive recon and support people from afar as well. Moreover I've been able to play every class and any vehicle in almost every game since BFBC2. Check my stats ("Living Dracula" on xbox).

    Overall I'm glad they finally added back the Radio Beacon because it made the class really lame in BF1 (elite class doesn't count) but they've nerfed recon by increase the TTD and TTK while increase the number of headshot by DMRs / mag limit, nerfed the flare and basically killed long range sniping by making making a 300m shot as hard as a 600m in BF1 and the equivilance of a +1000m shot in BF3-4 with the absurd amount of drag, zeroing, speed reduction, and scope flashlights on cqc scopes. Its not even authentic to time period or weapons.

    In sort they effectively killed long range, give you nothing for short range (aside from the flashlight that says hey kill me assault and bipod support players). You are effectively just a spawn point and meant to spot people as others get kills.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm waiting for the martini Henry of ww2 to make its appearance and make recon OP lol
  • lAlucard
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My constructive proposal is:

    1. Remove Glare on 3x or give us back iron sight zoom
    2. Give flares a wider ranger and longer burn on the ground so they can spot and burn people better.
    3. Nerf the range of assault rifle or make them 3 hit heashots.
    4. Give an extended mag to all DMRs
    5. Introduce new weapons like De Lisle carbine, Welrod, silenced Sten (which was used in WWII by commandos), or the drilling shotgun so recon can hold their own and be stealthy.
    6. Reduce the drag and bullet speed so long range shots (300+) are possible but only as headshots. 300m is not that long a range and is easy on assault ironically. The basis for this is ALL snipers should be able to shoot a target from one flag to the closest flag/objective (which can be 200-300m at times).
  • JamiePrittPeters
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xDJ_Cas wrote: »
    lAlucard wrote: »
    I'm glad the sweet spot is gone and all but DICE has really made this class too underpowered compared to assault and all the other classes. It essentially forces you to chose between a low rate of fire bolt actions, (without straight-pull mechanics) or medium to long range bolt action.

    The "Self-Loading Rifles" aka the DMRS are just nerfed versions of the BF1 medic rifles and honestly dont compare to the current rifles on assault. For one thing the rifles on both assault and recon are 2 hit headshots. But recon rifles only gets a 5-6 round clip compared to assaults 10-15+ clips... Its impossible to be competitive with that... They should be a one hit headshot on recon. Sure the RSC is a great gun, when you finally unlock it but every other gun is nerfed so hard... Hell even if you want a long range shot YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK IT !

    zeroing shouldnt be a damn unlock...

    Check Stodeh gameplay and be silent about Sniper class. You seems can't play correctly with bolt action rifle. Such casuals like you come and only whine: buff this, decrease that ...

    School please
  • IceAero
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    lAlucard wrote: »
    My constructive proposal is:

    1. Remove Glare on 3x or give us back iron sight zoom

    Definitely the best first step, but I think we also need the bullet speeds back from BF1, or at least some option (or future weapon) to have a speed over 800, instead of the 700 max we have right now.

    I would like to see bolt-action headshots result in a faster bleed-out timer (similar to how burning causes an extremely fast timer).

Sign In or Register to comment.