Who likes the TTK / TTD - Dice plans to update it in the next patch

FoxHound_3311
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I saw in the most recent patch notes that Dice is planning to change the TTK / TTD. I'm personalty scared of this change because i think it's almost perfect right now. I die a lot in this game, but I've never thought it was not fair. I deserrved to die because i had my head showing at the wrong time, or i rushed in the wrong direction and there was a enemy right in front of me. I also kill a lot in this game averaging 30 - 50 kills a game with my assault class.

My understanding is a lot of people are complaining about dying too often in this game, but in opinion this is because the players are not skilled enough in choosing when to hide, and when to fight. I've played with a lot of players in the public discord that are really awful at the game. They are constantly dying because they choose to just charge through a field as if a sniper or a support gunner is not going to see them. While they are doing this i'm constantly ducking behind cover, and shooting people at the right moments and quickly getting behind cover again. I feel like this is not an issue with the game, and more of an issue with the skill of certain players. I really hope they are not going the Call of Duty route and making the TTK extremely long.

Two shots or a one shot in the head with a sniper seems perfect to me. With some of my assault guns i have to use half a clip to kill someone, or even take 3-4 shots at someone in the chest with my bolt-action assault rifle to kill them. I feel like this is perfect or could even be lowered for me to kill them faster.

What do you guys think, and feel about the new TTK / TTD update?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There used to be a thing called CTE for community to test all possible changes. I don't think adding something directly to the main client without such tests isn't really smart thing to do.
  • PolarChihuahua
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IMO the biggest problem isn't that either is too long or too short, but that they feel unrelated. If I spend three, four, five bullets to kill someone, I expect the same amount to get killed. That's probably how the player shooting at me experiences it, but me on the receiving end gets treated with a single frame instagib. That's the problem that needs fixing, not tweaking and tuning, and probably breaking random values to relieve the symptoms.
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is going to suck. The change are making run n gun better like AR while nerfing the so called stand out(default) LMG implying those stationary are fine. They are not.
  • MarcReale
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is nothing to worry about. People just don't like changes and they always react in the same way. If changes are made to TKK/TTD then they go for EVERYONE not just you. So nothing changes in terms of skills. A good player will still be better than a lesser skilled player. Really think about it.

For instance: a player that plays sniper a lot, will complain about 'nerfs/tweaks' coming to sniper rifles. He/she doesn't think about the game as a whole but only what it means for him/her personally. In all previous BF games many changes and balance tweaks were made and at the end of the day it didn't matter. Also remember you cannot make everybody happy as a developer. The game is made to attract as many people as possible so it's always a compromise. The TTD changes will make you 'unhappy' but a lot of other people very happy.

In a few months this is all forgotten about.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    It’s the netcode.
    Sometimes your shooting and it feels like killing takes forever but at the other end all your bullets are getting packed into one nice juicy packet and insta killing the other player.
    They have never fixed this issue and aren’t likely to either
  • CoyotexStarrk619
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate both. The TTK and TTD both needs adjusting.