Weekly Debrief

Tank Top MG is 100% Useless (Who at dice thought this was remotely a good idea? )

AdamChattaway
57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So what an utter S show this has turned out to be. Who at dice though it was a good idea to add this most useless position on a tank or vehicle? not only is it far easier and faster to get kills in BFV due to the TTK but your life expectancy on a top mounted MG is about 0.00001 seconds. I S you not. At least Battlefield 2 gave the Gunner the ability to crouch down to avoid fire when travelling etc but here we can;t we just sit there and wait to be instantly shot and killed off it at any given time which is pretty much seconds after going up there.

Dice what an utter disgrace you are. all these years you've made these games, and you can;t even give a simple crouch feature which was in a game you made from like 10 years ago. just who the f is in charge over there? because you've clearly lost your love for making games. there's not even a hole in the tank turret your body just morphs out of the metal... ffs dice get a grip and fix this.

Comments

• GloriousRepublic
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I believe the duck down mechanic is coming in the next patch but ya I agree. That top gunners spot is the fastest way back to deploy screen in the game. That being said with the low ttk in this game I'm not sure the duck down mechanic will even do much to combat this. You basically are dead before you even realize you are being shot at.
  • AdamChattaway
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I believe the duck down mechanic is coming in the next patch but ya I agree. That top gunners spot is the fastest way back to deploy screen in the game. That being said with the low ttk in this game I'm not sure the duck down mechanic will even do much to combat this. You basically are dead before you even realize you are being shot at.

lol they wanted to add robot arms but a bullet shield on the MG is too unthinkable lol...
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah crouch is coming. Even with crouch, you die so easy from indirect fire (tank shells or bombs) that I'm not sure it will be worth it.

Jeeps and Carrier vehicles are even worse than the tank gunner coz people can shoot your nuts from 200 yards. And if you live, well you just take 10 seconds to get out of the vehicle and by then they've shot you again.
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean the top gun is a 3-hit kill to pretty much anyone, it's great for long range engagements as long as no one is in the other seat so you can switch back down. The crouch mechanic coming with it should make it more viable.
  • AdamChattaway
    edited November 2018
    I mean the top gun is a 3-hit kill to pretty much anyone, it's great for long range engagements as long as no one is in the other seat so you can switch back down. The crouch mechanic coming with it should make it more viable.

I'm not sure just how 100% real the movie Fury is but I've heard people say it's pretty realistic. When their tanks get shot and the rounds hit or bounce off the commander doesn't explode lol he just **** himself and carry's on.

I've been tank commander many times on the game Post Scriptum and the same if my tank and crew are hit by a shell that doesn't pen i'm still fine on the top hatch unless and explosion gets me or a bullet. and let me tell you even though that's a much more realistic game i don't often get shot off the top ill no doubt see or hear the bullets coming and have time to go down and shut the hatch
  • SlowOldWarrior
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm not sure just how 100% real the movie Fury is but I've heard people say it's pretty realistic. When their tanks get shot and the rounds hit or bounce off the commander doesn't explode lol he just **** himself and carry's on.

I've been tank commander many times on the game Post Scriptum and the same if my tank and crew are hit by a shell that doesn't pen i'm still fine on the top hatch unless and explosion gets me or a bullet. and let me tell you even though that's a much more realistic game i don't often get shot off the top ill no doubt see or hear the bullets coming and have time to go down and shut the hatch

Is Post Scriptum coming to console? They will have a lot of fans.
  • AdamChattaway

Is Post Scriptum coming to console? They will have a lot of fans.
    Not sure lol. this was a video i made when i found out the power of tnt though lol.
  • dcs500
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the gunner should sit lower and an open hatch could provide some rear protection, but it's an exposed position and will always be a risky place to be.