An odd suggestion involving the Grenade Crossbow...

SlugSniper
1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
As the community is probably painfully aware of by now, I'm a bit obsessive about well-defined class roles. I've already talked about having Limpets and AT Mines swap classes with Support getting the more fitting Bangalore Torpedo as a Limpet replacement, and now I've got something else in mind.

While I do like the more mobile nature of the Grenade Crossbow over the Mortar, it just isn't fitting in the Support class, so I have yet another move-and-replace suggestion. The Grenade Crossbow would be moved to Assault (where it's much more fitting) while Support gets the Leach Trench Catapult.

3cfaf6088ac0f0bfa5ca30cca75588ba--ww-history-modern-history.jpg

While it might not seem all that different in function, the Leach Catapult's mobility would be more akin to that of the Rocket Gun, requiring the user to rest it on a surface in order to fire it. This makes it more defensive and thus more fitting for Support while still being more mobile and simpler to aim than the Mortar.

Comments

• robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If the assault class got the grenade crossbow, the assault class would have access to a set up that would have 5 grenades!

• SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    If the assault class got the grenade crossbow, the assault class would have access to a set up that would have 5 grenades!

Consider the fact that the crossbow's grenades explode on impact, and it's less bouncy-spammy. Honestly, the Rocket Gun is a bit spammier than the crossbow.
  • Forkbeard84
    1523 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    As the community is probably painfully aware of by now, I'm a bit obsessive about well-defined class roles. I've already talked about having Limpets and AT Mines swap classes with Support getting the more fitting Bangalore Torpedo as a Limpet replacement, and now I've got something else in mind.

While I do like the more mobile nature of the Grenade Crossbow over the Mortar, it just isn't fitting in the Support class, so I have yet another move-and-replace suggestion. The Grenade Crossbow would be moved to Assault (where it's much more fitting) while Support gets the Leach Trench Catapult.

3cfaf6088ac0f0bfa5ca30cca75588ba--ww-history-modern-history.jpg

While it might not seem all that different in function, the Leach Catapult's mobility would be more akin to that of the Rocket Gun, requiring the user to rest it on a surface in order to fire it. This makes it more defensive and thus more fitting for Support while still being more mobile and simpler to aim than the Mortar.

Man that trench catapult looks rickety and dangerous to the guy using it. What if a strap breaks? What if it misfires your own grenade back into your trench? Very unreliable looking. Interesting bit of history there.

• SlugSniper
    That, or the Sauterelle Crossbow.

larbalete.jpg

Either one would need some kind of shortened design to work as a mobile gadget...
  • research-kitchen
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Spam?