i never thought id go to bat for buffing tanks, but here we are.

Gee_aai_ooo
24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
playing tanks, your biggest enemy are assault players, not anti tank guns, mines, or other tanks, or even bombers, no it are these corner peeking scamps that are overabudant in every map, you cant move a tank in the mid of a match anywhere beyond your own base more than 5 seconds because sure as hell there will be 10 panzerfaust cornerpeeking buttholes that will spam your tank to death faster than you can turn the turret.

seriously DICE, either buff the tanks, or nerf the panzerfaust, or put a limit on how much panzerfausts or PIAT's can appear in a battle, because as it stands tanks are really mediocre and really unfun to play.

Comments

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are working on the PNZFST with the Dec. 4 patch.

Apparently there is some bug with it right now, making it do waaay more damage than it should be
  • danosta
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes the anti tank rocket weapons Are getting a nerf so that will effectively buff tanks.
  • zterrans
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, the damage is kind of high for a weapon about 70-80% of the playerbase has at any given time.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel they need to buff the mini guns on the tanks. Specially the top gunner as of now its more of a death sentence and taked 4-6 bullets to kill when my SMG kills faster.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    zterrans wrote: »
    Yeah, the damage is kind of high for a weapon about 70-80% of the playerbase has at any given time.

Lol, I guess you need some special class math to manage to find that many assaults at one time.
  • V1kingH4mster
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol buff tanks lol i just put all my dynamite and 2 rockets into a tank and it didn't do more than 50 dmg needs a buff my ****
  • Gee_aai_ooo
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel they need to buff the mini guns on the tanks. Specially the top gunner as of now its more of a death sentence and taked 4-6 bullets to kill when my SMG kills faster.

yea, that as well, or give the gunner at least some protection, as it stands only the internal LMG's are effective as you cant be picked off from there.
  • GloriousRepublic
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they just could use at least one more tank on most maps as well. I don't generally use them as I'm a boots on the ground guy but for the size of the maps you just don't see a ton of them and when one pops up they get zerged from all directions.
  • Louisthorpe1
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    playing tanks, your biggest enemy are assault players, not anti tank guns, mines, or other tanks, or even bombers, no it are these corner peeking scamps that are overabudant in every map, you cant move a tank in the mid of a match anywhere beyond your own base more than 5 seconds because sure as hell there will be 10 panzerfaust cornerpeeking buttholes that will spam your tank to death faster than you can turn the turret.

seriously DICE, either buff the tanks, or nerf the panzerfaust, or put a limit on how much panzerfausts or PIAT's can appear in a battle, because as it stands tanks are really mediocre and really unfun to play.

Try Using the Tank's machine gun, it's op on ground units, i suggest using the main gun on tanks and buildings, while using your machine gun on ground troops.
  • Louisthorpe1

Halo combat evolve warthog gunners were crazy effective and deadly, because the gunners had 3rd person viewing with crazy auto aim assist, dice should implement halo combat evolve's gunners mechanics.
  • ElliotLH
    5277 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol buff tanks lol i just put all my dynamite and 2 rockets into a tank and it didn't do more than 50 dmg needs a buff my ****

Could it have been a squad reinforcement tank? Something tells me they can take slightly more damage, unless I've just made that up.
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Am i wrong or could you kill in Battlefield 3 or 4 single handedly as Assult a tank with your rocketlauncher only, without using your Sticky Dynamite afterwards, if you hit the weakspots? In Battlefield 5 most anti tank weapons feel super weak, even if you hit the side of the tank. You get 20 damage per hit on average on your rpg and you have only between 2-3 rockets, depended on if you restocked ammo or not.

And did the vehicles always have autorepair, without a support being on board? I could swear that in BF3 you couldnt self repair your vehicles as a tank driver, if you where not support? The 3rd person view as tank makes it also far to easy to spot enemy assault players, who want to sticky dynamite you. I think the turning speed or the tank turrets should be faster, but therefore you should not be able to 3rd person in the tank and the rocket launcher and sticky dynamite of the assault should do more damage. Beside, why does the recon have nothing at all in this game to damage a tank, even if it is only slightly ?
  • Ameeba37
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the tanks are only good for sitting behind objectives and picking people off with the MG. Even a slightest push is often a suicide because of the nonexistent mobility and the ridiculous panzerfaust damage.
  • GloriousRepublic
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just curious do the tanks start with an AP round for the main gun? The splash damage in infantry is terrible. Or do you unlock one later?
  • realMartiniHenry
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    Yeah the tanks are only good for sitting behind objectives and picking people off with the MG. Even a slightest push is often a suicide because of the nonexistent mobility and the ridiculous panzerfaust damage.

Stop lieing. In battlefield 3 infantry was just way stronger against tanks. They had more rockets per life and hitting the weakspots of your tank had a way higher damage multiplicator and here is the proof:

All you guys want to do is talking the devs into making your beloved tanks even stronger so that it is even more effortless and save for you to farm infantry. Yes the turning speed of the tank turrets could be a little bit faster, but therefore they should remove 3rd person view in the tank and give the assault more rockets, like it was in BF 3. What you want is just free kills.
  • naitch44
    664 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    The main issue with the current state of Panzerfest (intentional) is that Assault is currently king, so virtually 8/10 players will be running with it. A tank gets out of place, or careless and they will get melted real quick.
  • realMartiniHenry
    naitch44 wrote: »
    The main issue with the current state of Panzerfest (intentional) is that Assault is currently king, so virtually 8/10 players will be running with it. A tank gets out of place, or careless and they will get melted real quick.

If they would have given the medic class a decent long range weapon set then more people would play medic instead of assault. They could even give the medics selfheal a longer cooldown if they think medics selfhealing themself while using long range weapons would be op otherwise. As long as the medic has only smgs, nothing will change on the high amount of assault players, no matter if they buff the smgs or not. Nobody wants to run around on all maps with a smg. Just copy and paste the BF1 medic weapons into the BF5 medic class and we are good.
  • RePlayBoy101
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tanks are fine ... there are just so few spawns for them ... feels so empty ... like in battlefield 1

WHERE IS THE VEHICLE COMBAT?.... this is battlefield ffs ... i want more tank spawns
  • boutneus
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I’ll just stick with bf1, where ironically the first tanks do better then WW2 tanks
  • Louisthorpe1
    Just curious do the tanks start with an AP round for the main gun? The splash damage in infantry is terrible. Or do you unlock one later?

I saw 1upgrade, a howzer barrel for the tiger? increases splash damage but slows muzzle velocity.