Give back suppression for support

Comments

• TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Nope. I just want suppression to actually be a deterrent. Suppression is a two-way road. That won't give me an edge on snipers at all.

How so, do explain?
    Will you be so suppressed that you cannot hit the enemy for 1-2 seconds after a sniper almost missed you?
  • raptorjesus36
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

Nope. I just want suppression to actually be a deterrent. Suppression is a two-way road. That won't give me an edge on snipers at all.

How so, do explain?
    Will you be so suppressed that you cannot hit the enemy for 1-2 seconds after a sniper almost missed you?

Possibly. Of course neither the sniper nor the support player should remain in the same spot for too long. Once you start taking fire, you should take cover and relocate. That's what I do.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

How so, do explain?

Possibly. Of course neither the sniper nor the support player should remain in the same spot for too long. Once you start taking fire, you should take cover and relocate. That's what I do.

Think about that though. It would lead to whole groups facing each other and unable to kill anyone, especially on maps like Devastation.
  • Zviko0
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    It does help. It should help. Everything in this game is based on real life but there's that little thing called balancing which allows us to play any role with any weapon and have a chance and also, enjoy it.

Exactly and balance should prevent one class from having the weird advantage of being able to shut down another players capability to fight back without actually hitting him. Or are you saying all classes should cause suppression? Then a single missed bullet from the sniper should cause the same amount of suppression as say ten missed bullets from the support - because balance!

You said it like you need 2 people to deal with the sniper and sacrifice one so the other can kill him. Now you are saying everyone should stay alive if you had the number advantage. Can you make up your mind? Also, the other team can revive too you know. And sacrificing someone and then just revive him isn't the best option either. You can't revive him shortly after and it's just stupid. But that's my opinion.

No, I'm saying all weapons should be balanced so everyone has a chance(situational in some cases) while also give all classes the mechanics that clearly suits them and are not useless. Right now, suppression is pretty much useless.
    It does help. It should help. Everything in this game is based on real life but there's that little thing called balancing which allows us to play any role with any weapon and have a chance and also, enjoy it.

You said it like you need 2 people to deal with the sniper and sacrifice one so the other can kill him. Now you are saying everyone should stay alive if you had the number advantage. Can you make up your mind? Also, the other team can revive too you know. And sacrificing someone and then just revive him isn't the best option either. You can't revive him shortly after and it's just stupid. But that's my opinion.

Why is it that all the other options to fight a single player for some reason are not good enough and you still need a magical mechanic that turns his gun into a useless banana?

No one wants the last year's mechanic back when it was just random and you had no idea where the bullet will land. Just some kind of debuff that makes it harder for you for couple of seconds. Weapon sway or blurry/muddy screen especially in the center for example. And it's not like this needs to be an instant thing. In that case everyone would play support all the time. It can be something that increases. More suppressing fire you take, the bigger the effect is on you and also takes longer. With that, while being suppressed, sniper could still get the kill if he is fast and accurate enough but if he misses, the debuff on him would just increase, making it much harder for him to be accurate. Shouldn't you be able to kill him by now you ask? Sure, if he is the only one, but what if you have an army coming towards you...
  • tsvictor
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t really enjoying under suppression, the effect is way too strong. Feels like who take the first shot who will win, no matter how good you are in shooting.
  • TheSacar
    No one wants the last year's mechanic back when it was just random and you had no idea where the bullet will land. Just some kind of debuff that makes it harder for you for couple of seconds. Weapon sway or blurry/muddy screen especially in the center for example. And it's not like this needs to be an instant thing. In that case everyone would play support all the time. It can be something that increases. More suppressing fire you take, the bigger the effect is on you and also takes longer. With that, while being suppressed, sniper could still get the kill if he is fast and accurate enough but if he misses, the debuff on him would just increase, making it much harder for him to be accurate. Shouldn't you be able to kill him by now you ask? Sure, if he is the only one, but what if you have an army coming towards you...

I think supports are far from useless without suppression. And like I said, unless a sniper can equally suppress a support player with his lower bullet count thrown into the equation, suppression is an unfair mechanic.
    You know, I am certain that as long as a sniper manages a kill under fire people on this forum will continue screaming for more magical banana power. I am not saying you personally but they will.
    There is an irrational hate for snipers as much as there is for planes and as long as either of them scores a single kill on infantry, people will whine about them. And they will ask for a magical potion against them. Be it banana vodoo or a billion AAs.

• Zviko0
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think supports are far from useless without suppression. And like I said, unless a sniper can equally suppress a support player with his lower bullet count thrown into the equation, suppression is an unfair mechanic.
    You know, I am certain that as long as a sniper manages a kill under fire people on this forum will continue screaming for more magical banana power. I am not saying you personally but they will.
    There is an irrational hate for snipers as much as there is for planes and as long as either of them scores a single kill on infantry, people will whine about them. And they will ask for a magical potion against them. Be it banana vodoo or a billion AAs.

Interesting, and since you said that, would you believe me if I told you that I've spent most of my gameplay time in planes, I've been rank 50 for almost a week now, only rank 17 with Assault and 18 with Recon and barely touched Medic and Support? By everything I said, I bet you think I'm rank 20 support player that hates snipers. :wink:
  • BATTL3FI3LDBULLY
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol these guys straight up suck! Hahahahaha looking for an excuse for losing.

“I coulda got that kill if his screen was shaky and blurred. The whole point of support is suppression, it useless now!!!”

Hahahahaha!

It’s too funny the old suppression is gone and never should have been invented. My goodness this get funnier by the minute. I’m hoping this is a troll. If so it’s 10/10 Hahahahaha!

no, moron. If I'm pinging a sniper, or any one for that matter, with some LMG fire, he should not pull off a HS on me.

Lol. "I am shooting at the other guy, he should not be able to shoot back. I don't like fair fights..."

I didn't say he can't shoot back. I said he shouldn't be able to shoot back *accurately*

**Stairs Willy Wonkaly**

Are you aware that soldiers get aim punched each time you land a shot? For that moment it’s almost impossible to land accurate OHKs until you’re readjusted? That means you’re missing your shots enough for them to readjust and blow your happy head off 🤯.

Considering that you’re likely to be prone with a bipod, you’re going to be in the exact same position they last saw you and your head will be out front making it the easiest thing to hit. So if you cannot pop those first few rounds and get out of dodge, you’re asking to be killed because you’re not choosing a wise battle. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with an artificial suppression mechanism. It has everything to do with your non-tactical play style. Yes suppression is a tactic but since it’s not working, couldn’t you at least try to make adjustments? Instead of expecting the entire game to recoded to fit what you personally want to do?

**offers an everlasting gobstopper to make you feel better about getting owned for making bad decisions**

No they don't. I've pegged snipers 3 or 4 times only for them to eat those shots and line up a perfect HS on me. And still, the bullets that I DID miss, which isn't much considering I use controlled bursts, should still be suppressing them. And no I don't sit still in one spot for very long. I lay down fire and move. You're choosing to ignore that the purpose of the weapon is to SUPPRESS the enemy. Even if I did stay in one spot laying down bursts of machine gun fire on one guy, and even if they did try taking cover and popping out to take another shot, they should still be suppressed because I'm still lobbing bullets at them.
    Lol you didn't own anybody, you're just choosing to ignore what the gun was designed to do. Sit down, son.

Lmaoooooo! This guy brings an LMG to a sniper fight and wonders why he’s not winning. And the most creative counter action you can come up with is: Give us greater suppression effects. LOL A video game mastermind! Maybe you should design the next game 😎👍

While you’re working on it, how about you load up BF3 with it’s ridiculous suppression mechanics? By right, the high caliber / high velocity sniper rounds should be just as suppressive. Then we can go back to the days of everyone being blinded firing inaccurately and being pissed by blurred screens. I loved that game but, it was the single most contentious issue of it’s time. Yet genius guy proposes we add it back as a fix lol! 👨‍🎓

Let it go and die slow homie. Suppression can’t save you

**Pats on head grinchingly, when he sent Cindy Lou Who to bed 🛌 ***

ah I see, you must be a CoD player. People like you have ruined battlefield. I loved BF3 with those mechanics. It was fun and made one play tactically. You just want a run and gun game. Those mechanics need to be brought back.

Lmaoooooo Now I’m a COD Player when my title has just as many BF games as you. I own and have played countless hours of battlefield games but, that’s the best argument you can make? When the fact is: Suppression is not an automated mechanic it’s the threat of being shot. If you are “laying down fire” but not landing shots, it’s not very threatening. Therefore you think, the game should dictate to me how afraid I should be or what effect (psychologically) that fire should have on me. Why? Because you aren’t dealing enough damage to enemies before they deal it to you and therefore you die. Now you’re rationalizing why you died: because they game failed you.

The truth is you’re failing to play within the parameters of the game in a way that wins. Kamikaze play styles are like suicide bombers, they willingly risk death for the opportunity to kill. There is no psychological impact on people to fear death when they have trained themselves to die while attempting to kill. So there is no point in trying to force some psychological affect on players through a “suppression mechanic.” Those who want to live will take cover when being shot at. Those who don’t mind dying will not. You are just salty because they are completing their mission before you can kill them. The developers shouldn’t bend to your will of players becoming inaccurate due to fear of death simply because you want them to. The fact that you aren’t killing them is proof positive that they SHOULDN’T fear you.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But you WANT support to lay down suppressive fire. Right now the only way a support can actually spot for the team is to put a dunce cap on his head and start spraying at a crowd. Some like to say, "oh, well he should have just landed all the shots and killed them all in the first place" but come on, that just doesnt make sense and doesnt apply to all situations. Like if i'm trying to spot/suppress people behind cover. Or If i know they are too far or that i might lose sight of them, I start trying to suppress them to at least spot them for my team. Supply actually being able to lay suppressive fire is good for the team and good for the game.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Exactly and balance should prevent one class from having the weird advantage of being able to shut down another players capability to fight back without actually hitting him. Or are you saying all classes should cause suppression? Then a single missed bullet from the sniper should cause the same amount of suppression as say ten missed bullets from the support - because balance!

What I meant is that if you engage a sniper alone at the range which the sniper specializes at he will probably have the upper hand, but only in a one on one situation. If you have an advantage in numbers the snipers slow rate of fire means he will most likely lose. In anything but long range the sniper already has a disadvantage because he needs to land that very first head shot or die to the guy with a 20+ round magazine and automatic fire.
    If you fail to beat someone when you have the advantage in numbers, then that guy deserves the win. Why is it that all the other options to fight a single player for some reason are not good enough and you still need a magical mechanic that turns his gun into a useless banana?

I think all classes should be able to suppress but the rate of suppression is dependent on their rounds’ size and their ROF

So LMGs would suppress faster than bolt-actions, semi-autos, ARs and SMGs
  • TheSacar
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    [

I think all classes should be able to suppress but the rate of suppression is dependent on their rounds’ size and their ROF

And then it becomes an unfair advantage. People with many bullets don't need to aim that much, cause more suppression and are suppressed less by those who have fewer bullets? And when they are suppressed and miss a couple of shot they still have plenty to kill their target whereas the sniper only has one bullet before he needs to rechamber a round.... Sounds fair.
    Interesting, and since you said that, would you believe me if I told you that I've spent most of my gameplay time in planes, I've been rank 50 for almost a week now, only rank 17 with Assault and 18 with Recon and barely touched Medic and Support? By everything I said, I bet you think I'm rank 20 support player that hates snipers. :wink:

Honestly, I did have that impression. In the end it however doesn't matter much. Whether you are a pilot, a tanker or a machine gunner doesn't change the fact that I consider anything but visual suppression to be nothing but a crutch and something that would kill this game for me personally.

• fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, I did have that impression. In the end it however doesn't matter much. Whether you are a pilot, a tanker or a machine gunner doesn't change the fact that I consider anything but visual suppression to be nothing but a crutch and something that would kill this game for me personally.
    I agree, thats why they ended up changing it so much in bf4. Suppression shouldnt make your bullets curve, nor should your gun start shaking and swaying uncontrollably. I just think that the visual suppression in the game right now is far too lackluster. I can barely notice it most of the time.
  • raptorjesus36
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

How so, do explain?

Think about that though. It would lead to whole groups facing each other and unable to kill anyone, especially on maps like Devastation.

Lol no, stop with the reductio ad adbsurdum
  • raptorjesus36
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    [

And then it becomes an unfair advantage. People with many bullets don't need to aim that much, cause more suppression and are suppressed less by those who have fewer bullets? And when they are suppressed and miss a couple of shot they still have plenty to kill their target whereas the sniper only has one bullet before he needs to rechamber a round.... Sounds fair.

No it doesn't. There are other people in the game besides your camping a**. I can't just camp and suppress you the entire time because your teammates are going to see my tracers and start shooting at me. That's the entire point of the battlefield franchise: team work. Your arguing from the point of a lone wolf. Yes, I'll shut down your sniping for a brief period, but it's not an "unfair advantage".
  • raptorjesus36
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    I agree, thats why they ended up changing it so much in bf4. Suppression shouldnt make your bullets curve, nor should your gun start shaking and swaying uncontrollably. I just think that the visual suppression in the game right now is far too lackluster. I can barely notice it most of the time.

It doesn't make your bullet curve. Firing a weapon accurately takes in A LOT of factors. If your finger is placed incorrectly on the trigger can cause your shots to go way off target. Even your pulse can throw off your aim. I don't expect all that to implemented into a video game, but bullets flying all around you and hitting you is going to make you miss your mark and you people pretending like it shouldn't are absolutely ridiculous.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mph199 wrote: »
    Pmuecke wrote: »
    I mean c'mon , the amount of times i gave covering fire with an mmg for my team from a bunch of snipers (since it's pretty much sniper and assaultfield at the point) , just to be simply getting headshot by a sniper i'm shooting at makes no sense , atleast make it so it get's harder for the other classes to shoot when getting peppered with bullets from the supportguns , atleast that will make him a bit usefull

co-signed

what are you talking about? It makes perfect sense. You missed, the sniper didn't. I mean, its not like he has the opportunity to put 50 odd rounds into you like you do. they have a split second window to use 1 round, maybe 2 at the most while you are raining fire down on them. And if he don't headshot you it may as well count for nothing.

I can tell you what doesn't make sense. That is some arbitrary mechanic the skews someone's ability to accurately shoot back.
  • raptorjesus36

“I coulda got that kill if his screen was shaky and blurred. The whole point of support is suppression, it useless now!!!”

Hahahahaha!

It’s too funny the old suppression is gone and never should have been invented. My goodness this get funnier by the minute. I’m hoping this is a troll. If so it’s 10/10 Hahahahaha!

no, moron. If I'm pinging a sniper, or any one for that matter, with some LMG fire, he should not pull off a HS on me.

Lol. "I am shooting at the other guy, he should not be able to shoot back. I don't like fair fights..."

I didn't say he can't shoot back. I said he shouldn't be able to shoot back *accurately*

**Stairs Willy Wonkaly**

Are you aware that soldiers get aim punched each time you land a shot? For that moment it’s almost impossible to land accurate OHKs until you’re readjusted? That means you’re missing your shots enough for them to readjust and blow your happy head off 🤯.

Considering that you’re likely to be prone with a bipod, you’re going to be in the exact same position they last saw you and your head will be out front making it the easiest thing to hit. So if you cannot pop those first few rounds and get out of dodge, you’re asking to be killed because you’re not choosing a wise battle. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with an artificial suppression mechanism. It has everything to do with your non-tactical play style. Yes suppression is a tactic but since it’s not working, couldn’t you at least try to make adjustments? Instead of expecting the entire game to recoded to fit what you personally want to do?

**offers an everlasting gobstopper to make you feel better about getting owned for making bad decisions**

No they don't. I've pegged snipers 3 or 4 times only for them to eat those shots and line up a perfect HS on me. And still, the bullets that I DID miss, which isn't much considering I use controlled bursts, should still be suppressing them. And no I don't sit still in one spot for very long. I lay down fire and move. You're choosing to ignore that the purpose of the weapon is to SUPPRESS the enemy. Even if I did stay in one spot laying down bursts of machine gun fire on one guy, and even if they did try taking cover and popping out to take another shot, they should still be suppressed because I'm still lobbing bullets at them.
    Lol you didn't own anybody, you're just choosing to ignore what the gun was designed to do. Sit down, son.

Lmaoooooo! This guy brings an LMG to a sniper fight and wonders why he’s not winning. And the most creative counter action you can come up with is: Give us greater suppression effects. LOL A video game mastermind! Maybe you should design the next game 😎👍

While you’re working on it, how about you load up BF3 with it’s ridiculous suppression mechanics? By right, the high caliber / high velocity sniper rounds should be just as suppressive. Then we can go back to the days of everyone being blinded firing inaccurately and being pissed by blurred screens. I loved that game but, it was the single most contentious issue of it’s time. Yet genius guy proposes we add it back as a fix lol! 👨‍🎓

ah I see, you must be a CoD player. People like you have ruined battlefield. I loved BF3 with those mechanics. It was fun and made one play tactically. You just want a run and gun game. Those mechanics need to be brought back.

Lmaoooooo Now I’m a COD Player when my title has just as many BF games as you. I own and have played countless hours of battlefield games but, that’s the best argument you can make? When the fact is: Suppression is not an automated mechanic it’s the threat of being shot. If you are “laying down fire” but not landing shots, it’s not very threatening. Therefore you think, the game should dictate to me how afraid I should be or what effect (psychologically) that fire should have on me. Why? Because you aren’t dealing enough damage to enemies before they deal it to you and therefore you die. Now you’re rationalizing why you died: because they game failed you.

The truth is you’re failing to play within the parameters of the game in a way that wins. Kamikaze play styles are like suicide bombers, they willingly risk death for the opportunity to kill. There is no psychological impact on people to fear death when they have trained themselves to die while attempting to kill. So there is no point in trying to force some psychological affect on players through a “suppression mechanic.” Those who want to live will take cover when being shot at. Those who don’t mind dying will not. You are just salty because they are completing their mission before you can kill them. The developers shouldn’t bend to your will of players becoming inaccurate due to fear of death simply because you want them to. The fact that you aren’t killing them is proof positive that they SHOULDN’T fear you.

Suppression isn't MEANT for killing ffs. Get that through your skull.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

ah I see, you must be a CoD player, get out of my battlefield, loser. I loved BF3 with those mechanics. It was fun and made one play tactically. You just want a run and gun game. Those mechanics need to be brought back.

Oh wow. Way to have a mature discussion. But what am I thinking this is the internet, right?
    If I told you all the things I think about people who mostly/only play support, you'd probably cry a river, but I won't. It's just plain rude.
    That being said I totally disagree that suppressionas a mechanic was fun in any BF game. I get shot at and stick my head out I risk dying. That means I risk my KDR if I care for such things or in the least I risk having to wait 10 seconds to respawn and having to run to my objective again. That is suppression enough.

Oh, me being spoken to in a condescending way isn't immature? But me responding to a condescending post is? K.

The suppression mechanic is not enough as it is. It deters no one. You people just want the game made easier for you. And before you comeback with saying that *I* just want the game easier for me, not at all. I can get suppressed just as easily as you guys, and I even said I would be fine with taking away ADS from ALL LMG weapons unless they're propped up on something with the bipod, thus making the support class have to be a non moving target to be an effective suppression unit.

I didn't insult anyone, you did.
    I say its enough suppression. And no, I do not want it easier for me. I'm the kind of sniper who storms objectives with a bolt action rifle, a revolver and throwing knifes. I know I'm not a majority and if suppression makes a comeback, snipers like me will entirely vanish and hill humpers will be all that's left. Do you not get that having suppression will just move snipers further out? Honestly they are the class affected the most. What does a medic care if only half of his 30 shots find the target? Or the assault with his StG44? And a supporter with a whole bag full of bullets? But a sniper with only one bullet?
    No I think you just want to be able to own snipers without effort and without sniping yourself.

This sums it up right here.

Why should you have an edge on snipers anyway? The suppression argument really hasn't got anything to do with making suppression useful, its about handicapping snipers. Because no one is capable of 'dealing' with those pesky 'camping' snipers...
  • JUJAMAKILL

Hahahahaha!

**Stairs Willy Wonkaly**

Well said..
  • raptorjesus36
    JUJAMAKILL wrote: »

ah I see, you must be a CoD player, get out of my battlefield, loser. I loved BF3 with those mechanics. It was fun and made one play tactically. You just want a run and gun game. Those mechanics need to be brought back.

Oh wow. Way to have a mature discussion. But what am I thinking this is the internet, right?
    If I told you all the things I think about people who mostly/only play support, you'd probably cry a river, but I won't. It's just plain rude.
    That being said I totally disagree that suppressionas a mechanic was fun in any BF game. I get shot at and stick my head out I risk dying. That means I risk my KDR if I care for such things or in the least I risk having to wait 10 seconds to respawn and having to run to my objective again. That is suppression enough.

Oh, me being spoken to in a condescending way isn't immature? But me responding to a condescending post is? K.

The suppression mechanic is not enough as it is. It deters no one. You people just want the game made easier for you. And before you comeback with saying that *I* just want the game easier for me, not at all. I can get suppressed just as easily as you guys, and I even said I would be fine with taking away ADS from ALL LMG weapons unless they're propped up on something with the bipod, thus making the support class have to be a non moving target to be an effective suppression unit.

I didn't insult anyone, you did.
    I say its enough suppression. And no, I do not want it easier for me. I'm the kind of sniper who storms objectives with a bolt action rifle, a revolver and throwing knifes. I know I'm not a majority and if suppression makes a comeback, snipers like me will entirely vanish and hill humpers will be all that's left. Do you not get that having suppression will just move snipers further out? Honestly they are the class affected the most. What does a medic care if only half of his 30 shots find the target? Or the assault with his StG44? And a supporter with a whole bag full of bullets? But a sniper with only one bullet?
    No I think you just want to be able to own snipers without effort and without sniping yourself.

This sums it up right here.

Why should you have an edge on snipers anyway? The suppression argument really hasn't got anything to do with making suppression useful, its about handicapping snipers. Because no one is capable of 'dealing' with those pesky 'camping' snipers...

Lol being forced to take cover and relocate = handicapping.