Weekly BF

Medic weapons are garbage. And bipoted campers, the way this game is meant to be played? [RANT]

Comments

• bran1986
    5764 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They also have to buff the smoke grenades as well. I can see through and enemies too. Lost the time of how many times ive been killed behind smoke covers

There is a glitch with rifle smoke grenades. If you are spotted you will still be seen through the smoke.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A balance pass to the SMG's won't help if this netcode is not brought in check. It's horrendous.

I might be lucky but I haven't had any lag or connection issues. Xbox one
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A balance pass to the SMG's won't help if this netcode is not brought in check. It's horrendous.

I might be lucky but I haven't had any lag or connection issues. Xbox one

I only notice a few times dying behind cover - as in on my screen I was behind the wall or ledge etc. And apparently still died.
    I also notice dying when I am in low cover and get shot through the ground.
  • disposalist
    8677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    They also have to buff the smoke grenades as well. I can see through and enemies too. Lost the time of how many times ive been killed behind smoke covers
    There is a glitch with rifle smoke grenades. If you are spotted you will still be seen through the smoke.
    SMH I guess we shouldn't be surprised.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think I give up this medic **** now, I mean, you fire the weapon (Leveling up the Thompson while standing still at someone maybe 25 meters away, you see the bullits pass on each side of him. And DICE is talking about close quarters buff. Could you seriously make them shoot straight instead? I remember a friend told me he accidently left his rifle in the loader of howitzer, so when he turned it in later it was bent, that is what I feel happened to all bloody medic guns.

I get freaking heart issues by trying to use them...
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Or maybe it is trick,we should be deprogrammed by learning not to shot at enemies, but to shoot beside them so we might hit them by accident only.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    329 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I still feel like most of the time when I lose a gunfight (and there are many) - it's more about me letting the gun down, whether it be bad recoil control or just choosing a bad engagement range, rather than the other way around.

...but there is nothing you can do against the Winchester 1907 within the engagement range where medics should shine, which is frustrating.

You just have to be willing to eat dirt and run away instantly when you reckognize you can't win the fight ahead of you or trust in your more capable squad/team mates do handle it.
  • Major_Pungspark
    I still feel like most of the time when I lose a gunfight (and there are many) - it's more about me letting the gun down, whether it be bad recoil control or just choosing a bad engagement range, rather than the other way around.

...but there is nothing you can do against the Winchester 1907 within the engagement range where medics should shine, which is frustrating.

You just have to be willing to eat dirt and run away instantly when you reckognize you can't win the fight ahead of you or trust in your more capable squad/team mates do handle it.

True, you have to reconize that they are ****, maximum effective range something around 20-25 meters, hits and even kills can be made further out but that is way more random.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ya it's true that the M1907 is better to SMGs:
    • 4 BTK up to 9m (exactly like all SMGs) but, while SMGs get 5BTK up to a puny 25m (still puny 30m in next patch), the M1907 has 5BTK up to 50m
    • 770 RPM which is exactly the same as the highest RPM SMG: the suomi
    • More accurate than any of the higher RPM SMGs and arguably more accurate than all SMGs (that's the way it feels when I use it at least)
    • the ONLY disadvantage is has is that, instead of having 20 mag capacity like the suomi and thompson, it has 16.
  • VOLBANKER
    1047 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Visual representation of medics trying to fight assaults and supports past 9 meters....
    giphy.gif?resize=350%2C197&ssl=1

That is so funny, bran! :smiley:
    (and true, unfortunately!)
  • Mikeeboy
    20 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm playing medic but I don't get the complaint about the SMGs myself? Surely you should be at a disadvantage at mid range, but on top at short range. Not that I haven't had mid range kills with a bit of burst fire.

You start increasing the range of SMGs, then who wouldn't want to play medic with unlimited heal?
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mikeeboy wrote: »
    I'm playing medic but I don't get the complaint about the SMGs myself? Surely you should be at a disadvantage at mid range, but on top at short range. Not that I haven't had mid range kills with a bit of burst fire.

You start increasing the range of SMGs, then who wouldn't want to play medic with unlimited heal?

You already have infinite heals as long as you roam around flags as you can camp crates. Also, when you spawn you have a free health pouch so you can also heal on the fly regardless of class. Assault already heal more passively and they have both the most versatile anti-infantry weapons and anti-vehicle weapons. Support have infinite ammo, can 3d spot with suppression and the best defensive weapons (shotguns and MGs) while spawn beacons-huh I mean scouts have bolt-actions, (useless) flares and the possibility to 3d spot.

The "unlimited heal" is not a significant factor in balancing. This is not a RPG with a trinity of a healer, tank and DPS. It's a FPS game where the priority is in shooting. Every single class has to have an advantage/niche somewhere and, atm, medics have an insignificant one of 9m (and will lose it with the next patch as all ARs, LMGs, MGs will all have the same BTK as SMGs in CQC... the thing is, SMGs have a lower RoF (excluding the thompson and suomi)... yup you read that right SMGs will be outDPSed in CQC on the 4th of december).
  • Major_Pungspark

You already have infinite heals as long as you roam around flags as you can camp crates. Also, when you spawn you have a free health pouch so you can also heal on the fly regardless of class. Assault already heal more passively and they have both the most versatile anti-infantry weapons and anti-vehicle weapons. Support have infinite ammo, can 3d spot with suppression and the best defensive weapons (shotguns and MGs) while spawn beacons-huh I mean scouts have bolt-actions, (useless) flares and the possibility to 3d spot.

The "unlimited heal" is not a significant factor in balancing. This is not a RPG with a trinity of a healer, tank and DPS. It's a FPS game where the priority is in shooting. Every single class has to have an advantage/niche somewhere and, atm, medics have an insignificant one of 9m (and will lose it with the next patch as all ARs, LMGs, MGs will all have the same BTK as SMGs in CQC... the thing is, SMGs have a lower RoF (excluding the thompson and suomi)... yup you read that right SMGs will be outDPSed in CQC on the 4th of december).

Lmgs are already 4hits, they are godmode.
  • bran1986
    5764 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The silver lining is assault rifles are getting more spread which should hurt the m1907 the most. The smgs should have had their max damage buffed to give them some kind of advantage. I'm not happy assault rifles getting a 4 btk range but if the Ke7 and lmgs get a 4 btk range, it doesn't make sense to keep the other two assault rifles at a 5btk.
  • Major_Pungspark
    edited November 2018

The silver lining is assault rifles are getting more spread which should hurt the m1907 the most. The smgs should have had their max damage buffed to give them some kind of advantage. I'm not happy assault rifles getting a 4 btk range but if the Ke7 and lmgs get a 4 btk range, it doesn't make sense to keep the other two assault rifles at a 5btk.

lmgs already are 4btk....didnt anyone notice how hilariously better they are?

The weapons that feel out of line m1907 and all fast firing lmgs with magazine and like zero recoil, but I guess DICE likes that balance. I think they should have adjusted those to 5-6 to in the coming patch to slightly lower the ttk to stg level. Anyway, there will be another month of lmg (Or more lie Battle rifle.) supremacy before they figure that out.
  • VindictiV_V

Yeah, my point is that as the ARs are one of the most used weapon class in the game, SMGs had SOMEWHAT of a chance with 4BTK against 5 for the ARs. Now, as soon as we're talking about automatic weaponry, there will be absolutely no reason whatsoever to be using SMGs because they don't even have any advantage anymore at any range. IMO here is what needs to happen if we want to have a reason to play the medic class:
    • all SMGs get their 4BTK range increased to 20m (all the others weapon categories' 4BTK range remain at 10m)
    • slow RoF SMGs get their 5BTK increased to at something like 35-40m (the slower the RoF, the further it should retain it's 5BTK potential). On the 4th of dec, it will be 5BTK up to 30m for all SMGs, the thing is ARs', MGs' and LMGs' 5BTK range ALL end at 50m. Unacceptable that the SMGs are the only automatic weapons that don't even have a niche as they are overshadowed both in CQC and at medium range.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    329 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm just wondering where this version of 1907 was in BF1?!

The sweeper seems like a bad joke looking back...
  • Major_Pungspark

Yeah, my point is that as the ARs are one of the most used weapon class in the game, SMGs had SOMEWHAT of a chance with 4BTK against 5 for the ARs. Now, as soon as we're talking about automatic weaponry, there will be absolutely no reason whatsoever to be using SMGs because they don't even have any advantage anymore at any range. IMO here is what needs to happen if we want to have a reason to play the medic class:
    • all SMGs get their 4BTK range increased to 20m (all the others weapon categories' 4BTK range remain at 10m)
    • slow RoF SMGs get their 5BTK increased to at something like 35-40m (the slower the RoF, the further it should retain it's 5BTK potential). On the 4th of dec, it will be 5BTK up to 30m for all SMGs, the thing is ARs', MGs' and LMGs' 5BTK range ALL end at 50m. Unacceptable that the SMGs are the only automatic weapons that don't even have a niche as they are overshadowed both in CQC and at medium range.

Well, the Ke7 is heads above the assault rifles, and probably still will be after the nerfs/and buffs. But on the 4th we will now. Laser when moving around, and somehow even sharper laser when camping on the tummy. When you see the muzzle flash 80m away it is already to late to react, when they are prone......

I think that the buff on assault rifles are probably a nerf overall, thanks to the spread thing, giving lmg:s even more of an advantage.
  • xStukas
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    OP medics are over, how strong medic was in BF1 was so stupid, the class that can heal themselves shouldn’t be the one with the strongest guns, now u feel what everyone else felt in BF1 playing against medics!!