BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Raif71
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Horseysaur wrote: »
    Nyaasensei wrote: »
    Plus lets not forget how toxic The kids are on official servers. I love moderated chats
    Sry for double post stupid phone

Well BF5 chat is now moderated more then ever. Almost every word is banned so yo uwont see much in the chat except ********** :-)

Will there be any punishments (getting kicked) for continued attempts at using foul/racist language in the chat? Sounds like something they should have done years ago.

I believe EA’s approach to this is by filtering bad language, punishment will not be required since players won’t see the bad stuff.

This adds to my suspicion that EA disallowed 3rd-party tools, such as ProCon, which used punishments like kick/ban.
    On BF1, EA attempted (but never implemented) a ping filter that blocked high ping players from getting into servers, thereby eliminating the need to kick them.

Clearly what they have as "bad language" isn't working. I have had the great displeasure of reading about guys physical attributes, racist comment etc. More Than EVER! So, to the point of not seeing - that's a joke! I would be hard pressed to believe that the in game chat is moderated now more than ever.

I haven't seen anyone kicked. But, that would require an admin, and I haven't seen any evidence of that either. and, by the way - no opportunity to request help. I have seen players ask for help and no one responded.

There are no 3rd party tools such as Procon, no ping filter either. In point of fact, what they are going to - BFVdb is a joke - many players who in fact were pb banned and 24/7 fairplay banned list as "good" on BFVDB. Your belief of moderation and oversite of the servers is misguided.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't encountered one hacker in BF5

Umm.. How would you know that? ( by the way, they aren't hackers..they're simply cheats )

Not all cheats run rampant with a final score of 200/1.. even though the IQ level of the people that are willing to cheat is very low most will have the nouse to pace themselves.

In my opinion that is why dedicated servers with an experienced admin is essential for a cleaner gaming experience ..among other things.

That's one of the reasons why there should be dedicated servers with admins, because of it is subjective to the admin who "cheats/hacks" or not.
  • Raif71
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Which means that it gets buried in the Custom server graveyard and will most likely never get traffic. There are only a handful of successful Custom servers.

This was my main point in my earlier post. I'd rather BFV have fun and interesting game modes, with a variety of styles of play, than "custom servers" which hardly have any traffic.

15 years ago I would be pushing for custom servers for PC players, today consoles have 2x (or more) player populations and no one cares about "custom" games.

WE are running 3 BF4 servers and will have a BFV server when available , plus a Battlefield 3 server.
    We have lots of traffic and continue to grow. Why? Because we do have a few rules, that everyone follows.
    In exchange - they have fun, play good games with a bunch of guys that love to game. No Hacks.
    Our servers are U.S. and Canadian players only to keep the lag down. Our servers are always up, and available to play. There is always a group around to play with. Seldom do we experience any significant down time except perhaps during the middle of the night.

We play 8 different game modes on our BF4 servers, with many different maps, not the usual 5 or 6 ... many different maps!
    As a result - we have fun! and really enjoy the game!

check it out - if you hack don't waste the time - yours or ours, if you have to be the top of the pile , don't bother - emptying the server because you made guys rage quit is no fun for anybody. But, if you are up for a good time, a good game, join the Teamspeak 3 and have some fun!
    (we are a community not a clan - all tags welcome unless TOS violations) See, RSV do work!!
  • Raif71
    Which means that it gets buried in the Custom server graveyard and will most likely never get traffic. There are only a handful of successful Custom servers.

This was my main point in my earlier post. I'd rather BFV have fun and interesting game modes, with a variety of styles of play, than "custom servers" which hardly have any traffic.

15 years ago I would be pushing for custom servers for PC players, today consoles have 2x (or more) player populations and no one cares about "custom" games.

WE are running 3 BF4 servers and will have a BFV server when available , plus a Battlefield 3 server.
    We have lots of traffic and continue to grow. Why? Because we do have a few rules, that everyone follows.
    In exchange - they have fun, play good games with a bunch of guys that love to game. No Hacks.
    Our servers are U.S. and Canadian players only to keep the lag down. Our servers are always up, and available to play. There is always a group around to play with. Seldom do we experience any significant down time except perhaps during the middle of the night.

We play 8 different game modes on our BF4 servers, with many different maps, not the usual 5 or 6 ... many different maps!
    As a result - we have fun! and really enjoy the game!

check it out - if you hack don't waste the time - yours or ours, if you have to be the top of the pile , don't bother - emptying the server because you made guys rage quit is no fun for anybody. But, if you are up for a good time, a good game, join the Teamspeak 3 and have some fun!
    (we are a community not a clan - all tags welcome unless TOS violations) See, RSP do work!!
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    Well with less than half the number of copies sold compared to bf1 and the fact that retailers already have bf5 marked down to $29.95 for consoles and $39.99 at best buy for pc, maybe ea will let dice make the game we as players want to buy. That game needs dedicated 3rd party rental servers with admins!
  • ShevermiN
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Allowing RSP or 3rd-party servers will definitely breath more life back into Battlefield.

When my old clan ran servers, we proudly displayed our Gametracker banner for our servers. We told our friends and their friends about our servers. They, in turn, bought copies of the current Battlefield game.

Communities and their servers had a multiplier effect in the advertising and propagation of the battlefield games. Now, with the sad state of RSP and no 3rd-party servers, the communities are not only dying, but also the extensive advertising campaign that these communities contributed to.

Is it any surprise that BF V is not attracting as much attention as other Battlefield titles before?

Same old pack of cow poo..... there is not enough of you for DICE to care about, most of your community isn't playing because they have grown up and now have a job and a family and don't have enough time for gaming firstly and secondly they are most likely playing PUBG, Overwatch, Siege, World of Tanks or any of the dozen or more online games that don't have private servers quite happily... And paying to win in one of the many free to play games, or online gambling or forking out for cosmetic items at hundreds of dollars month.

3rd party servers are dead you all need to move on. And I'm watching actual clans doing quit well at stacking the auto servers and playing hard and fast together like the good old days..
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Allowing RSP or 3rd-party servers will definitely breath more life back into Battlefield.

When my old clan ran servers, we proudly displayed our Gametracker banner for our servers. We told our friends and their friends about our servers. They, in turn, bought copies of the current Battlefield game.

Communities and their servers had a multiplier effect in the advertising and propagation of the battlefield games. Now, with the sad state of RSP and no 3rd-party servers, the communities are not only dying, but also the extensive advertising campaign that these communities contributed to.

Is it any surprise that BF V is not attracting as much attention as other Battlefield titles before?

Same old pack of cow poo..... there is not enough of you for DICE to care about, most of your community isn't playing because they have grown up and now have a job and a family and don't have enough time for gaming firstly and secondly they are most likely playing PUBG, Overwatch, Siege, World of Tanks or any of the dozen or more online games that don't have private servers quite happily... And paying to win in one of the many free to play games, or online gambling or forking out for cosmetic items at hundreds of dollars month.

3rd party servers are dead you all need to move on. And I'm watching actual clans doing quit well at stacking the auto servers and playing hard and fast together like the good old days..

You’re entitled to your opinion, right or wrong.

Your opinion matters none to me.

True, some gamers move on to other games, due to a variety of reasons, but our group had always managed to rally around our servers. When EA stopped supporting 3rd-party servers, our players stopped caring about the BF series. EA’s competitors are now profiting as a result.

Go ahead and keep insulting and belittling groups like ours. It just shows everyone what little character, if any, you have.
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    He speaks like a very knowledgeable teenager that does not want to get another ban for artificial skill again by a "badmin"

Clans have not been doing well for several years. A few might pick up a few players but in a few months where will they be? Off with another group playing another game.
  • olT3lo
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well, guess the lack of 3rd party server rentals doesn't really matter now, so few people bought or care about this game. Guess it goes to show, putting shareholders concerns over the drive to create great games that gamer's love, isn't always the best course. It's too damn bad too, BC2 and BF3 where two of my favorite games but that's what these greedy publishers do.. buy up a great studio, then exploit their popular IP's for every last nickle, then discard the franchise leaving fans in the lurch.
  • StarscreamUK
    7329 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You are aware the ea owned dice before both of those titles?
  • olT3lo
    edited November 2018
    You are aware the ea owned dice before both of those titles?

Yes I am.. Owned them since BC2 I believe? And the problem is, BC2 was my favorite, then BF3. Didn't buy BF4 until a few years after it was released because during beta it was horrible netcode (call it whatever you want). Then with BF1 I played beta excited, but then found out there would be no 3rd party server rentals, never bought it, same with BFV even if I got passed all the other political stuff that DICE seem to of jumped into with this game. So two points.. I've been around a while and know what's going on in the gaming industry, at least the bigger trends and I certainly knew about EA taking over DICE quite a few years ago. The 2nd point is this, it's been on a downward trend for about as long as I've been a fan. Just took a little longer for EA to sink their claws in really deep.

And after re-reading my comment, I'd add something else... EA used to make some great games, the fact that they purchased DICE before BC2 means little to nothing. What EA has turned into is something completely different from what they were when BC2 was released.
  • StarscreamUK
    7329 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Ea completley owned dice in 2006, they had majority shares in 2005.

So time for claws to sink in deep has no merit.

What has changed is the markets, technology and the internet. These three things combined have changed gaming more than any publisher.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What has changed is the markets, technology and the internet. These three things combined have changed gaming more than any publisher.

That and opinions. I mean above commenter said BF3 was a great game. I on the other hand thought it was horrible. Live BC2 but if they made a BC3 I can already see all the people complaining on how there is no option to go prone.

Shows that everyone has a different mindset of what's good and the opinions will continue to grow as more different game styles (like royale) gain popularity.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Has technology and the internet devolved? I recall playing 10vs10 matches in CS almost 20 years ago with excellent ping, on a freaking dial-up modem!

EA can no doubt deliver better but it cuts into their bottomline so they won't.
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    olT3lo wrote: »
    Well, guess the lack of 3rd party server rentals doesn't really matter now, so few people bought or care about this game. Guess it goes to show, putting shareholders concerns over the drive to create great games that gamer's love, isn't always the best course.

The thing which really concerns me is the reduced development cycle of 2 years. The game is so light on content when it comes to weapons, gadgets and maps that most people will burn through that content in one or two month. The Battleroyal mode could be the saving grace if it is done right, but will it be done right? It will be released not until march anyways. If the only new map they release in the next 4 month is this tank focused panzerstorm map, then this game will probably bleed out. And getting all those players back if they have left once, will be difficult.

Beside, yes battlefield 4 had also many bugs, but in battlefield 4 the game at least saved my settings. In this game when i turn off chromatic aberration, film grain, lens distortion and vignette then a few games later the game even forgets my custom settings and i have to readjust them in the option menu again and again.Did they fire all of their bug testers or does EA just wants us to pay 60 dollar for a half finished game? Why not finish the development on this game first and then release it in two years from now when it is finished. What we have now is a 60 dollar early access, at best.

• VBALL_MVP

Has technology and the internet devolved? I recall playing 10vs10 matches in CS almost 20 years ago with excellent ping, on a freaking dial-up modem!

EA can no doubt deliver better but it cuts into their bottomline so they won't.

Yeah but dont forget how awful the graphics and map quality. Games have much more going on now.
  • CrashCA
    1091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @realMartiniHenry

Said it before, a Early Access AAA title.
  • olT3lo

Bull