Weekly Debrief

BFV Upcoming Update Discussion

Comments

• AluminumPaladin
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can we also please have some Indian troops for the Allies?
  • BenBit13
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    The medic balancing doesn't solve the problem with the medic weapons. The problem isn't that they are not good on distance, it's that they are not good in close quarters either. With this patch you're not helping this at all and you're in fact nerfing one of the 2 guns that actually work on close range (tommy gun), the distance that the medic is supposed to be good at. The medic guns how they currently are and how they will be after the patch don't have a chance against pretty much all assault weapons and some lmgs on short, medium and long distance. To fix this DICE should increase the damage on short range and increase the rpm of smgs and decrease the effectiveness of the assault rifles on short range. Also why the **** would they buff the stg44, the weapon literally everyone said/says is op. If that gun deals 4 hit kills on short distance, it's going to be just like in the alpha and beta.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BraddersRM wrote: »
    Same way as always, the injured person will have the symbol above their head still. I'm thinking a scenario where you step out of cover, get injured and drop a couple of metres away from your cover. If you're in the open, good luck with that. Also if you've been smashed by a tank or air or burnt, then that's you, no revives.

Through smoke, snow storm and general explosions and fog etc are you sure this symbol will be seen? I think this is a minor issue which isn't a priority and there are many others that need more urgent attention.
  • GallantIce
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    :'( Need to be able to hear footsteps with accurate range and 360' bearing.

:'( SMGs and ARs killing people from 300 meters needs to be addressed. The range on those weapons need a large nerf.

:'( Where's my parachute?

:'( AP mines are useless and need a buff.

:'( So hard to find the flag icons in POV sometimes. Very frustrating as a squad leader trying to set the objective.

:'( LMGs should really have a much larger magazine.

:'( Should be able to build your choice of fortifications anywhere and everywhere.
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BenBit13 wrote: »
    The medic balancing doesn't solve the problem with the medic weapons. The problem isn't that they are not good on distance, it's that they are not good in close quarters either. With this patch you're not helping this at all and you're in fact nerfing one of the 2 guns that actually work on close range (tommy gun), the distance that the medic is supposed to be good at. The medic guns how they currently are and how they will be after the patch don't have a chance against pretty much all assault weapons and some lmgs on short, medium and long distance. To fix this DICE should increase the damage on short range and increase the rpm of smgs and decrease the effectiveness of the assault rifles on short range. Also why the **** would they buff the stg44, the weapon literally everyone said/says is op. If that gun deals 4 hit kills on short distance, it's going to be just like in the alpha and beta.

yep
  • Dbl0Douche
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t see a problem with the ttk except that sometimes seems like the net code isn’t registering shots. If people think they shouldn’t be dead after taking two shots to the head then idk what to tell you. Imo surviving any headshot is a bit ridiculous. But for being a vid game I can see making it two shots. But one shot to head from a single action rifle from up to 200 yrmards should be insta kill. But like I said can make some concessions due to fact that it’s bid game.
    I think the problem here is to many people who can’t handle losing. They Think that while being shot at you should be able to snap fast to someone and kill them before they kill you. Or should have a chance to get to cover. I’m not asking for full realism here. If I was the of say that even if a couple shots doesn’t kill you then it should incapacitate you to some extent. That’s not what I’m asking for. If we have to shoot someone 8+ times to kill them or three shots with high powered sniper rifle it kinda gets stupid to be honest. Ttk should not be increased to pander to people who can’t handle the fact someone got the drop on them. Also I think suppression needs to be increased. No reason while putting someone under direct fire like a sniper, that they should have perfect aim at that point. Especially if they have taken a hit or two from incoming fire. Bf has never been cod and the majority of us do not want it to become like call of dukey.
  • Dbl0Douche
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GallantIce wrote: »

:'( SMGs and ARs killing people from 300 meters needs to be addressed. The range on those weapons need a large nerf.

:'( So hard to find the flag icons in POV sometimes. Very frustrating as a squad leader trying to set the objective.

:'( Should be able to build your choice of fortifications anywhere and everywhere.

See this is part of the problem. People that don’t think an assault rifle will kill you at 300 yards. 300 yards is actually an assault rifles optimum range. No problem here. Lol if was up to you what would u have max effective range be 150? That’s ridiculous. At that range with an assault rifle I already have to put theee four rounds to head and upper body of sniper to kill him compared to the one well placed shot it takes to kill with a sniper rifle. If you as a sniper stand still long enough for me to get three four solid shots at 300+ yards then you should not be sniping lol

• Dbl0Douche

See this is part of the problem. People that don’t think an assault rifle will kill you at 300 yards. 300 yards is actually an assault rifles optimum range. No problem here. Lol if was up to you what would u have max effective range be 150? That’s ridiculous.

• JDOGMcFUZZL
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When people are saying they're having problems with the footsteps sound are they thinking its to loud or to quiet?
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hold on where is the removal/adjustment of the catch up mechanic in Conquest?
  • JDOGMcFUZZL
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So in the beta the Germans had those metal facemask helmets, did they get rid of those entirely or are they coming later on? I honestly thought they were pretty cool. I know they got rid of some of the crazy out there customizations to make the game feel more historical, so were those masks cut?
  • ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    rsp anyone ever here of rsp?
  • PvtJohnTowle
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Dbl0**** wrote: »

See this is part of the problem. People that don’t think an assault rifle will kill you at 300 yards. 300 yards is actually an assault rifles optimum range. No problem here. Lol if was up to you what would u have max effective range be 150? That’s ridiculous. At that range with an assault rifle I already have to put theee four rounds to head and upper body of sniper to kill him compared to the one well placed shot it takes to kill with a sniper rifle. If you as a sniper stand still long enough for me to get three four solid shots at 300+ yards then you should not be sniping lol

Build your own game perhaps GallantIce?
  • Dr-Anvil-bw
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Please revise the ranking advertisement ingame. It would be great if you instead of a 50 <--- Zzzzz Boring. rather there should be the respective rank there and if you click on the names then the successes will be displayed by the player. That would be a really good idea

And not all running around as Rambo <- you know that already

Finally a BF again which is fun for a long time
  • Dr-Anvil-bw
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Please revise the ranking advertisement ingame. It would be great if you instead of a 50 <--- Zzzzz Boring. rather there should be the respective rank there and if you click on the names then the successes will be displayed by the player. That would be a really good idea

And not all running around as Rambo <- you know that already

Finally a BF again which is fun for a long time

Ps. There is no interest in a number! I want to see how good the player is and also good at checking if someone cheats
  • RustyHoop147
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Could we maybe get a change on the max rank? 50 seems a bit short don't you think?
  • BuzuB84
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KILLING SOUND PLEASE!!.

Medic weapons are trash right now.

TTD/TTK BROKEN

• InfamouzxGx
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I want to see a Hardcore mode or at least increasing the damage on the bolt action sniper rifles because sniper are way more powerful than a assault rifle and SMg’s
  • TWISTED88
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I have Battlefield 5 on Xbox One and i hope that this update coming out will fix the issues with the game. The main issues i have is the game freezing in-between changing maps, by that i mean it shows the image of the map you have just played. It also has the Battlefield 5 loading symbol in the top right corner, it shows 2 symbols and the screen just stays like that and doesn't load the next map. The other main issue is that the main menu disappears and all you get is the background images that move, you can't select any main menu options as they have disappeared. I hope these issues are addressed after the update, i find it annoying having to restart the game due to these severe issues. I have not touched the medic class as the only weapons it has are sub-machine guns, i do hope the class gets a more broader selection of weapons or at least make sub-machine guns better. I hope that this update adds Hardcore mode/servers into the game since that was the only mode i played on in Battlefield 3 and 4, i find it annoying having to empty a whole magazine into people. Hardcore mode/servers are more realistic than the standard servers. I also find anit-aicraft weapons are really weak, it takes a lot to bring a plane down. I just hope that this update improves the game.
    Post edited by TWISTED88 on
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited December 2018
    TWISTED88 wrote: »
    I have Battlefield 5 on Xbox One and i hope that this update coming out will fix the issues with the game. The main issues i have is the game freezing in-between changing maps, by that i mean it shows the image of the map you have just played. It also has the Battlefield 5 loading symbol in the top right corner, it shows 2 symbols and the screen just stays like that and doesn't load the next map. The other main issue is that the main menu disappears and all you get is the background images that move, you can't select any main menu options as they have disappeared. I hope these issues are addressed after the update, i find it annoying having to restart the game due to these severe issues. I have not touched the medic class as the only weapons it has are sub-machine guns, i do hope the class gets a more broader selection of weapons or at least make sub-machine guns better. I hope that this update adds Hardcore mode/servers into the game since that was the only mode i played on in Battlefield 3 and 4, i find it annoying having to empty a whole magazine into people. Hardcore mode/servers are more realistic than the standard servers. I also find anit-aicraft weapons are really weak, it takes a lot to bring a plane down. I just hope that this update improves the game.

Really? Hardcore is more realistic-thanks for that I wouldn’t have realised that. Use paragraphs in your posts as it is too hard to read through. The medic guns are getting improvements it’s already been stated in these forums. There are no severe issues the game is quite playable as it stands.