Battlefield V PC Player's Performance guide

Comments

• TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Herzen_88 wrote: »
    I know that there a lot of posts like this but they did not help my case.
    My specs are:
    Core i7 6700k
    MSI z170 a krait gaming 3x
    16 Gb DDR4 (Single Slot)
    EVGA 1080ti
    Seasonic Prime 850W 80+ Titanium
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit installed on SSD.
    The game installed on 7200 rpm WD 2017 model.

So when I run BF5 multiplayer in 2560*1080*144*G-Sync with Ulta settings, 55 fov, 100% resolution scale I have average 60 frames with drops up to 40. It's playable but according to tests on youtube, I should much more.
    Here is an example in higher resolution
    Switching DX12 does not make any difference.
    If I put fov to 85 and resolution scale to 200% I will have average 45-50 with drops to 35.
    If I put everything to Low 1080р*60Hz*No G-Sync with resolution scale 100% I will have 70 average with drops to 40 in Rotterdam

What I tried so far:
    Turn on/off vsync in NVidia CP
    Turn on/off NVidia Shadowplay, Origin in Game, Xbox thing
    Changed renderdevice.renderaheadlimit from 0 to 3
    Changed Virtual Reality pre rendered frames to 1 and other values
    Turn on/off Future frame and Memory limit in BF properties.
    Run BF with -RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0 -WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
    Turn on/off Thread optimization in NVidia CP
    Set Power Management Mode to Max Performance

I have clean Windows copy recently installed on clean formatted SSD with latest NVidia, Intel, MSI drivers, and even updated bios.
    I do not have anything extra in Processes such as Anti Virus or something. CPU, RAM, GPU, HDD, and LAN is not loaded.
    When I run BF GPU is loaded on 60-70%, CPU around 80.

The only thing I found on the web is to get windows revision before 1809 and block updates.
    Or install 387.92 NVidia drivers.
    First is not an option for me. Second well I can't install a 32-bit version of 387.92 and I can't find a 64-bit version for my 1080ti.
    Which still is not an option.

By the way, I have the same issues with BF1. Which is funny cause before the upgrade I used 970GTX with better frame rate.

The other games match the average frame rate according to youtube tests. For example Kingdom Come, Dishonered2, Prey, Quake.

PLEASE HELP ME HERE!!!

That is way to low fps, i have 145-170 fps in Rotterdam @ 1080p and mixed settings with a 1080Ti and Ryzen 1600x (6c/12thread) cpu.
    Are you sure that you are running your GPU in a 16x pcie line and that its actually working at 16x? It sounds like your GPU is bottlenecked. You have to Google on how to check because its been a while since i did it myself.
    I have the 1809 Uppdate and its great, who told you to not have the latest build? I have only seen people saying that 1809 is the best one.
    I also have the latest nvidia driver.

Run the game with DX11 ,turn FFR to ON and put render 1 frame ahead, turn of V-sync in game but leave it on in the nvidia controlpanel if you going to use G-sync. If you are gaming above your monitors refreshrate put a cap to the game 2 fps below your monitors refresh rate to make sure G-sync is not getting dissabled (only works within monitors refresh rate).
    Even in dx12 with FFR OFF it still renders 1 frame ahead.

Post edited by TapperSweden on
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's what you get with singlechannel ram.
  • TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    PcPAirgun wrote: »
    That's what you get with singlechannel ram.

You may be right. I did not Think that a siglechannel ram could have any bigger impact as long as you have more then 8Gb that seem to be to low for many games today, im not sure if BF V need more then 8Gb but this guy got a major bumb in fps by going with a second stick, i would think he is running them the proper way (dual channel). Mybe 2x4Gb in dualchannel would have work better to.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/166367/running-single-channel-memory-dont#latest

• PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Frostbite is sensitive to ram, especially the minimum fps depend on the right balance. Speed, latency, bandwidth. The amount on the other side doesn't really matter if you got at least 12gb.

Tests from BF1, but it should be the same on BF5 as it uses the same engine.
    https://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/2677-bf1-ram-benchmark-frequency-8gb-enough/page-2
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Unfortunately my set-up isn't capable of playing BFV smoothly.

Tried everything to get it working better but alas I'm being bottlenecked by my CPU. A i5 4690k isn't capable of running this. Need a 8 thread CPU minimum.

Pretty sad I won't be playing much as it's just not enjoyable stuttering all over the place.

Such heavy reliance on the CPU rather than GPU is akin to DICE shooting themselves in the foot, I'd imagine not many people have a i7 4770K or greater. No wonder the sales for this game were the worst in Battlefield history!

Intel i5 4690K
    GTX 1060
    16GB
    Samsung 250GB SSD
    1080 monitor
    Win 10 1809
    Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • dennygreen2016
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What ever happened to Mantle? I could use some of that in this game.
  • Herr_Schwach
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Tried everything to get it working better but alas I'm being bottlenecked by my CPU. A i5 4690k isn't capable of running this. Need a 8 thread CPU minimum.

Pretty sad I won't be playing much as it's just not enjoyable stuttering all over the place.

Such heavy reliance on the CPU rather than GPU is akin to DICE shooting themselves in the foot, I'd imagine not many people have a i7 4770K or greater. No wonder the sales for this game were the worst in Battlefield history!

Intel i5 4690K
    GTX 1060
    16GB
    Samsung 250GB SSD
    1080 monitor
    Win 10 1809

Almost same config
    i5 4570
    GTX1060
    16GB

Average 55 FPS with stuttering to 25-26 in some moments :(
  • Headshot0013
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

it turned into dx12
  • PcPAirgun

it turned into dx12

It turned into vulkan. It sucks to have dx12 only.
  • Wboson
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Can´t turn off AA for FPS boost.
    Can´t cap my FPS with AMD Radeon settings.
    What is this monitor refresh rate setting doing? Does it set Vsync on monitor refresh rate? Useless command, if I set to run my monitor on 144Hz on Control Panel, then I´d use it everywhere, no need to adjust it.

Playing on I5 [email protected]
    15GB RAM
    Fury [email protected] with medium-high settings- the FPS is so unstable it hurts my eyes. Even when FPS is at 80\90 FPS it fluctuates so quickly it´s awful. Not to mention the dips below 60FPS. I get it, 64 player MP game needs better CPU, but I should be able to set the game so that at least I get stable FPS, LOW but STABLE.
    Only option to cap FPS IN GAME are 60(which is stupidly low for FPS game), 125 and 200(not with my HW). I need it to be capped @75 or 90.(Or 70\80)

And then there´s the server lag and Origin disconnects, glad I took only 1 month Access, after yesterdays server lag Cancelled my sub.

Edit. PS Any1 knows where to find console commands?(for FPS cap and showFPS, maybe some lagometer etc)
  • OceanDK
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    create user.cfg file into Battlefield folder

gametime.maxvariablefps XXX

XXX being your monitors frequency -1
  • Hkpowa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    GTX 1070 / I7 6820HK OC 4Ghz / 16Go ram / Game is install on SSD

CPU usage : 90 - 100%
    GPU Usage : 30 - 50 %
    FPS : 15 - 25 - 1920/1080*60Hz

Everything in LOW or Everything in ULTRA do not change the numbers ahah
    Anyone as an explanation Please ?

Problem only with Battlefield V :)
  • GENERALONGDONG
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Runs fine for me with ultra settings at 4k. Mostly over 60fps with dips in some maps. My fov settings are in the 90 range so could probably get better performance turning those down some.

2700x / titan xp (2016) with evga aio cooler / 16 gigs 3600mhz ram at 3200mhz / crosshair vi hero mobo.
    Post edited by GENERALONGDONG on
  • JDjitsu
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Intel i5 4690K
    GTX 1060
    16GB
    Samsung 250GB SSD
    1080 monitor
    Win 10 1809

Almost same config
    i5 4570
    GTX1060
    16GB

Strange. I have about the same setup and run med on all but ultra on mesh quality and have a fairly solid 100-120fps. It does dip to 60-70 in the craziest of firefights on some maps but doesn't feel choppy very often. It was when I started optimizing, ugh it was unplayable. It could be better still(my cpu/mb/memory all need an upgrade), but I've finally after hrs of trying performance tweaks from previous BF games I've used over the yrs and ones others suggested feel like I can finally play the game instead of testing if my next tweak worked.

ATM I'm running on i5 [email protected], GTX1060 [email protected], 16gb Corsair [email protected], 144hz Acer w/OC mode off or normal. I have the game on Samsung 250gb SSD and newest Win update on a 7,200rpm HDD. Normal "performance" settings in user.cfg file I made and in the PROFSAVE_profile, Fullscreen Optimizations off, dx11 with ffr on and dx12 w/o ffr on seem about the same for me. Though the fps seems a micron better with dx11 and ffr on. Turning in-game settings all to low didn't change my fps much more than 5 or so, so I kept it med like I said. Worth the sacrifice to me. If it was true competitive mode I'd go all low probably. I also turn Windows visual effect to best performance before I game. I can't think of anything more that others haven't mentioned in the many performance threads on here or the regular overclockers things to bios and Windows us gamers all do. If I do I'll post it.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    JDjitsu wrote: »

Intel i5 4690K
    GTX 1060
    16GB
    Samsung 250GB SSD
    1080 monitor
    Win 10 1809

Almost same config
    i5 4570
    GTX1060
    16GB

Strange. I have about the same setup and run med on all but ultra on mesh quality and have a fairly solid 100-120fps. It does dip to 60-70 in the craziest of firefights on some maps but doesn't feel choppy very often. It was when I started optimizing, ugh it was unplayable. It could be better still(my cpu/mb/memory all need an upgrade), but I've finally after hrs of trying performance tweaks from previous BF games I've used over the yrs and ones others suggested feel like I can finally play the game instead of testing if my next tweak worked.

ATM I'm running on i5 [email protected], GTX1060 [email protected], 16gb Corsair [email protected], 144hz Acer w/OC mode off or normal. I have the game on Samsung 250gb SSD and newest Win update on a 7,200rpm HDD. Normal "performance" settings in user.cfg file I made and in the PROFSAVE_profile, Fullscreen Optimizations off, dx11 with ffr on and dx12 w/o ffr on seem about the same for me. Though the fps seems a micron better with dx11 and ffr on. Turning in-game settings all to low didn't change my fps much more than 5 or so, so I kept it med like I said. Worth the sacrifice to me. If it was true competitive mode I'd go all low probably. I also turn Windows visual effect to best performance before I game. I can't think of anything more that others haven't mentioned in the many performance threads on here or the regular overclockers things to bios and Windows us gamers all do. If I do I'll post it.

I've done the FS Optimisation off, HPET off in BIOS, DX11 FFR on. Running all low, all effects off like film grain. Latest drivers. Vertical FOV set to 64 so equates to horizontal 85.

Out of interest what PROFSAVE settings are you using? , I had little luck with these.

I think from this forum the number one issue for most is people is performance. Hopefully DICE can address some of these with patching as BF1 certainly ran much more fluidly and it uses the same engine. The option to turn off TAA would be welcome to boost performance.

Having played about 10 hours the game is good, Devastation Conquest is my favourite on rotation.

• TylerKA24DET
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hkpowa wrote: »

cap fps at monitor refresh rate/vsync. should drop CPU usage.
  • PcPAirgun

His fps is already below monitors refresh rate. That will do nothing at all.
  • Hkpowa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Already cap to my monitor ...

render scale : 100 % : CPU 90/100% - GPU 30/50%
    But if i push everyting to ultra and renderscale 200% : CPU 60/70% - GPU 95/100%
    But the FPS still dropping in MP
  • l__PlNGA__l
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SLI support? we are a lot of people using SLI configurations giving th worst experience ever seen before in a battlefield, I have a good PC but my SLI is just garbage only on this game, just because developers are focusing in new RTX cards, Visual effects in a FPS game is not really necessary, but well Nvidia pay good amount of money so we will need to wait a lot to play a real battlefield
  • Llewelyn_MT
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Battlefield V requires i5-6600K minimum and it has much better single core performance. i7-6820HK is below the spec, despite the higher number. Blame Intel. ;)

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6820HK-vs-Intel-Core-i5-6600K/m36404vs3503