The negativity is simply astounding

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7058 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Who says you can't be upset? Nobody is stopping anyone from being upset or from not being happy with the game.
  • Trokey66
    7951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    It was communicated.long before release that it would be added 'later'.
    Hi,
    This is a game, not a business proposition with milestones.

EDIT : To add, from the recent patch notes :
    "You will not see the ability to drag downed teammates with this update. We are still investigating feasibility around this mechanic."

You stated :

"Name one thing that was missing on release that was expected, just one.

I suggest that most things people are complaining about being missing will be clearly laid out on the BFV roadmap or has been announced.through other channels."

Essentially, this feature may not make it into the game. As such, will your logic then state since this has been communicated, that this example cannot be used as naming one example of a feature that never made it into the game ?

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

You seem to have missed my point.

Before release, it was communicated that it would not be included therefore it could not be expected to be there and is therefore not strictly speaking a 'missing' element.

Whether it makes the game or not for the purposes of this discussion, is irrelevant however, should it not make it, it would not be unreasonable to declare it missing.
    Hi,
    No, i have not missed the point. It was stated to be in the game :

https://mashable.com/2018/05/23/battlefield-5-new-features/?europe=true#2U5mVUhBigq0
    Item 4 details.

It was then stated to be worked on, but would not be in the open beta :
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-5-open-beta-update-notes-full-details
    States " Body dragging - This is a feature that we are still working on, we want to get it right before introducing it to our players, and as such it won't be available in the Open Beta."
    Which means they had every intention of including it in the game as per the mashable report.

The discussion was missing features - and dragging bodies is one of them. Just because they tell you it won't be in the game does not mean it is NOT missing.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

For something to be 'missing', it has to have been included or existed . Body dragging has yet to be completed and/or included.

It has also been clearly communicated as to why it has not been included.

Anything else not on the roadmap or clearly communicated missing?
    Hi,
    It was stated to be in the game at the marketing BFV launch/announcement. It is not in the game. Hence, it is missing from the game.

See : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/166620/sneak-peek-at-battlefield-v-tides-of-war-chapter-1-overture-update

States "You will not see the ability to drag downed teammates with this update. We are still investigating feasibility around this mechanic."

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Ok then, despite open and clear communications as to why, let's say this one small mechanic is missing.

What else is or is that it?
    You only asked for one.
    So that's it?

One small mechanic that doesn't fundementaly affect game play even though its non inclusion has been clearly communicated?

Yeah, point proven......
    It does fundamentally affect gameplay for medics (and squadmates). How much more fundamental do you want than revives being near suicidal?

Ducking or using health pack in a tank gunner position (yes, it's missing, since they added the tank top gunner and it's suicide without ducking and/or healing)
    Fluid movement. They marketed it and showcased it again and again and yet I find myself stuck on more stupid stuff than in BF1 at its worst
    Suppression. No, a slight vignette does not count. Yes, the added spread in BF1 was too much, but it has effectively been removed as it is in BF5
    Removal of RBD. They explicitly said in marketing materials "No more random bullet deviation!". There is RBD in BF5 (I'm glad there is, but still)
    Platoon emblems (yes, I consider it missing, since we're on the same engine as BF1 and it's no longer there)

Just a quick list off the top of my head. The point is "missing" doesn't just mean "something they promised in writing that isn't there" it means something that is a bad omission from reasonable expectations.

There is plenty 'missing', glitchy, bugged, badly designed, poorly executed, disappointing, etc, etc. So, back to the OP, no, it's not astounding at all.

Firstly, I disagree that lack of dragging fundementaly affects the revive system but hey, that's subjective.

As to the rest of your list, well yes they are missing in the same way that Stiglas are.
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have two points

Point number one
    Positivity gets buries by negativity, simple fact of life, how many positive threads on the forum get pushed to the bottom of the site. Top tip if you want your thread to get lots of reads, have a very negative sounding title.

Point number two
    I had a thought regarding BFV sale figures, a lot of people have pointed out that the sale figures are only regarding physical copies and not downloads, also there is the fact the game is available in EA access. More and more players are download games now rather than buying a physical copies.

I was just thinking has FIFA seen such a decrease in physical sales between FIFA 17 and FIFA 19 the same as battlefield has seen between BF1 and BFV? Granted they are aimed at a different audience but both games have the same time difference between releases and they both will be on EA accesses. FIFA does sell more than battlefield, but is the dip in physical sales equal in percentage wise between the two games?
  • StarscreamUK
    7058 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    physical is a pretty dead medium to me.

All my games purchased since dishonored special edition, have all been digital
  • misisipiRivrRat
    793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

"You will not see the ability to drag downed teammates with this update. We are still investigating feasibility around this mechanic."

You stated :

I suggest that most things people are complaining about being missing will be clearly laid out on the BFV roadmap or has been announced.through other channels."

Essentially, this feature may not make it into the game. As such, will your logic then state since this has been communicated, that this example cannot be used as naming one example of a feature that never made it into the game ?

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Before release, it was communicated that it would not be included therefore it could not be expected to be there and is therefore not strictly speaking a 'missing' element.

Whether it makes the game or not for the purposes of this discussion, is irrelevant however, should it not make it, it would not be unreasonable to declare it missing.
    Hi,

https://mashable.com/2018/05/23/battlefield-5-new-features/?europe=true#2U5mVUhBigq0
    Item 4 details.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-5-open-beta-update-notes-full-details
    States " Body dragging - This is a feature that we are still working on, we want to get it right before introducing it to our players, and as such it won't be available in the Open Beta."
    Which means they had every intention of including it in the game as per the mashable report.

The discussion was missing features - and dragging bodies is one of them. Just because they tell you it won't be in the game does not mean it is NOT missing.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

For something to be 'missing', it has to have been included or existed . Body dragging has yet to be completed and/or included.

Hi,
    It was stated to be in the game at the marketing BFV launch/announcement. It is not in the game. Hence, it is missing from the game.

See : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/166620/sneak-peek-at-battlefield-v-tides-of-war-chapter-1-overture-update

States "You will not see the ability to drag downed teammates with this update. We are still investigating feasibility around this mechanic."

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Ok then, despite open and clear communications as to why, let's say this one small mechanic is missing.

You only asked for one.
    So that's it?

One small mechanic that doesn't fundementaly affect game play even though its non inclusion has been clearly communicated?

Yeah, point proven......
    It does fundamentally affect gameplay for medics (and squadmates). How much more fundamental do you want than revives being near suicidal?

Ducking or using health pack in a tank gunner position (yes, it's missing, since they added the tank top gunner and it's suicide without ducking and/or healing)
    Fluid movement. They marketed it and showcased it again and again and yet I find myself stuck on more stupid stuff than in BF1 at its worst
    Suppression. No, a slight vignette does not count. Yes, the added spread in BF1 was too much, but it has effectively been removed as it is in BF5
    Removal of RBD. They explicitly said in marketing materials "No more random bullet deviation!". There is RBD in BF5 (I'm glad there is, but still)
    Platoon emblems (yes, I consider it missing, since we're on the same engine as BF1 and it's no longer there)

Just a quick list off the top of my head. The point is "missing" doesn't just mean "something they promised in writing that isn't there" it means something that is a bad omission from reasonable expectations.

There is plenty 'missing', glitchy, bugged, badly designed, poorly executed, disappointing, etc, etc. So, back to the OP, no, it's not astounding at all.

I want to add one more " missing " feature. Destruction. Where is it? I mean there is some. But I remember the first announcements really touting the destruction as being back. I'm just not seeing it. Looks like less to me.
  • StarscreamUK
    and thats the exact opposite of what others are complaining about, others are complaining that anything and everything can be destroyed....

• realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Suppression.

Thats actually the two main things which destroy my immersion into the game the most at the moment, the glitchyness of the revive and vaulting systems. Everytime you lay downed on the ground waiting for a revive, your character buggs out and bounches constantly half a meter up and down, as if the physics system went crazy. It looks as if your character is every time on the brink of glitching through the map and the physics system does not exactly know where to place him on the ground, which resolves in him constantly bounching up and down like a rubber ball. Beside if you get revived the animation between you and the teammate who revives you is 5/10 times totally out of sync and looks like a meme. You would think that systems which you see so often, like the revive system would be polished a little bit more before release.

Same counts for the vaulting. Especially if you try to vault over small objects, like little rubble or stones. This is bugged since Battlefield 3, i think. The game just does not let you vault over small objects very often, or you have to press multiple times before it finaly allows you to vault over and even then you often glitch around while vaulting. It should not be that hard to create bounding boxes, even for objects standing around in larger maps. Other games with larger maps like black ops 4s battle royal map do also not have this problem.Its a problem almost totally unique to Battlefield games, which shouldnt be there in the first place and could be easily fixed. Idk maybe it has something to do with the physics system of the game.

• twisted83
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a good thing for BF veterans that this good game sells bad.
    It means less idiots on the battlefield.
  • warslag
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    twisted83 wrote: »

But you've got it?
  • The_BERG_366
    2144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    twisted83 wrote: »
    Lol yeah anyone who doesn't like infantry-dominated, pseudo-competitive, hardcore-lite BF is not a BF veteran and is an idiot. Cool story bro.

infantry dominated? pseudo competitive? O.o
    I don't think vehicles are too weak (the panzerfaust will be nerfed as far as I know to make it more in line with actual tank shells damage wise)
    also of course the game is designed in a way that it should reward skill more generally speaking... but of course its not the ultimately skill based shooter and never wanted to be. so I don't really know why one would call it pseudo-competitive.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look, there’s no point arguing about any of this.

BFV is still in Alpha.

When it comes out I’m sure it will be way better than Hardline was gameplay wise and BF4 was technically when they first launched.

After the P.R. train wreck of the summer anything else would spell certain disaster for the game.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    *If* you love the sort-of-competitive, sort-of-hardcore design of BF5, you'll overlook the bugs and omissions and weirdness.

If you enjoy more casual fun gameplay, the bugs and omissions and weirdnesses are more than enough to make you dislike it.

Me, I loved BF1. I can't overlook the design decisions and gameplay I don't like when the glitches and weirdnesses are also slapping me in the face.

You're willing to overlook all the problems? Good for you. That doesn't mean others shouldn't discuss and, yes, even complain. Especially when DICE themselves are acknowledging big problems.

Well said.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

You stated :

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,

Item 4 details.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

You only asked for one.

So that's it?

Yeah, point proven......
    Hi,
    The discussion was that feature(s) are missing. Dragging a body is one, others have mentioned other features etc. Missing means missing. No amount of "communications" will put it into the game. It is not there, so people cannot use it. It is missing.

No one stated it "fundamentally" affected game play.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I dont get it, so what if it is missing. Sonce August they said it wasnt going to be in it so expectations were set.

They said it will get in the game, just not at launch. You dont think others havent had issues with their launch? Fallout had a massive patch to fix a whole bunch of issues and deficiencies and also facing a class action lawsuit. COD, is like on their 7th patch fixing lots of stability issues and adding feature.

They clearly communicated it, if it's not fundamentally affecting gameplay then are you just complaining just to complain?
  • BaronVonGoon
    6235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love the gunplay. I love Devestation and Rotterdam. Tolerate Aras, Narvik, and Aerodrome. Really dislike Hamada, Twisted Steel, and Fjell. I find Frontlines and Breakthrough to be too restrictive, too campy. So I'm stuck with conquest. And since I hate two of the maps I quit the server everytime theyre next in rotation. Definitely the honeymoon for me is over. Wish I learned to fly so I could enjoy Hamada, Twisted steel and Fjell. Well I can fly and do bombing runs but once someone is on my tail I don't know what to do.
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This game's RUBBISH. Nuff said.
  • SneakyGunman
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Is that an attempt to redirect the attention on the actual game play itself? Because I've not read many, if any complaints on mass, other then the game play mechanics, lack of features and bugs. Which has been consistent throughout this forum from what I've seen.

I recall the SJW stuff a few months ago but I don't have a time machine I can only do the here and now.