This Week in Battlefield V

A tip for people who think BF5 is way too hard (and who therefore gets frustrated playing it)

VOLBANKER
1009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
If you're one of the people who think BF5 is too hard, and find you get killed way too quickly whenever you play, of course leading to frustration on your part, perhaps I have some tips that may be of use to you.

All you have to do is to SPECTATE.
Focus on one map to begin with, for example Rotterdam.
In the menu, do this:
PLAY → MULTIPLAYER → ADVANCED SEARCH, then under Maps selected Rotterdam or one of the other maps.
Point is, just keep sticking to this one map to begin with.
In the list of servers that is displayed, notice there are 3 dots just to the left of the Join game button.
If you press these dots, you can select JOIN AS SPECTATOR from the menu that pops up.
Now the game loads and you're put into Spectator-mode.

If this is your first time spectating, press O to get into preferences.
Under ”--- Player View ---”, find the entry for ”Player Death Transition” and select ”Same Player”.
This means you will be watching the player you select for the entire game.
Press O again to get our of preferences.

Press TAB to see the list of connected players, then click on one of the top players in either one of the teams.
If you want to play Support yourself, pick the best Support player.
If you want to play Medic yourself, pick the best Medic player.
etc. for Assault and Recon.
You will now watch how your selected player plays the game – and this is usually a great learning opportunity. I do it myself all the time.

In the bottom of the screen you can see some icons with a letter next to them.
Press F2 (I think?) to ”put yourself into your selected player's shoes” and see what he sees etc.
Now watch how he plays the game and make mental notes of it so you can use the knowledge when you're gonna play the map yourself.

Try this for a couple of different good-scoring players playing the class you'd like to play.
Then you can see different ways of playing the game probably – because each of us probably plays the game a little differently than the other.

Keep focusing on this one single map, be it Rotterdam or whatever map you prefer to start out with.

If you want to learn how Recon's play on that map, use Spectate on top Recon players.
If you want to learn how Assault's play on that map, use Spectate on top Assault players.
etc. for Medics and Supports of course.

All this Spectating means you gain knowledge of how this particular map you've selected is played by each class, and by different people playing each class.

Once you think you've gained some good knowledge of the map, try playing it yourself.

That's basically it :)

Hope it can help you getting into playing and enjoying BF5.

Comments

• ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    Snip

Good tip
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yep play more of a "hunter in a deer stand waiting for the deer to come by" playstyle.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also when camping, it is best to set your tent up in a corner inside of a building to prevent lightning strikes.

Dice has incentivized camping and low crawling, well done.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    or...

Just camp like everyone else does. If you're lucky, a few guys will run by and you can melt them with your near insta kill guns before some random enemy sees your muzzle flash and lazer beam kills you across the galaxy with a sub machine gun.

Rinse and repeat.

Its these comment that make me laugh.

Its either this or everyone running in a merry go round capping flags. Its one or the other, but can't be both so maybe some people just arent good at this game yet.
  • kill_yor_idols
    70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pop a tent and sit back, thats why I love bfv!!! Plus no one really revives the other dead enemies from afar, so they are forced back to a spawn cap point. And then just have two or three brave souls cap the flags. Its that easy yall!
  • SlowOldWarrior
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    or...

Just camp like everyone else does. If you're lucky, a few guys will run by and you can melt them with your near insta kill guns before some random enemy sees your muzzle flash and lazer beam kills you across the galaxy with a sub machine gun.

Rinse and repeat.

Its these comment that make me laugh.

Its either this or everyone running in a merry go round capping flags. Its one or the other, but can't be both so maybe some people just arent good at this game yet.

That is true, but the old BF3/4 large vehicle maps had a lot less circle zerging - not so much on the flags that are only a few bunny hops apart.
  • Swank1975
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As franchise long Battlefield player the game play right now is fine. Stop trying to mess it up. If you are dying to fast be more stealthy and think about your moves etc. You can just re spawn after all. Some weapons still need some tweaks but we really just need lots of bug fixes to get this game close to release quality then some expansion after that. Try moving with your squad and supporting each other.
  • Zviko0
    1628 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't know you can spectate. Is it possible on PS4?
  • VOLBANKER
    1009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Didn't know you can spectate. Is it possible on PS4?

I am not sure. I am on PC.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just camp. Simple.

Those who think BFV is hard, stop run&gun and start camping. It would greatly award you. Running like rats makes you a prey.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I run and gun all the time. Awareness is key in this game. You don't need to "camp" to not die. Just play a tad bit slower and you should be fine. I'm still playing the same way i did in bf1 just a bit slower.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    I run and gun all the time. Awareness is key in this game. You don't need to "camp" to not die. Just play a tad bit slower and you should be fine. I'm still playing the same way i did in bf1 just a bit slower.

Yup. Situational or environmental awareness became really important in BFV because information on enemy's location is very very limited.

A good player could run and gun. Definitely.

But I think the system does award camping. A bad player can take down a good player so easily if he takes advantage of first attack, combined with lack of shot indicators(missed shots) and almost instant TTD.

So, camping would be a great option for those who think the game is too hard.

Camp. Earn a kill. Change position. Camp.
  • Hawxxeye
    5559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In my experience two main things work in BFV as it is right now:
    1) Having in the squad some people who are not complete strangers such as friends and fellow forumfielders since people who share a connection tend to help each other a lot more.
    2) Letting when possible the enemy to expose themselves and come to your firing zone instead of seeking them out or trying to jump them.
  • bai_push
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a nice tips, but if you are told that the game is a good game that pushes studying before playing for beginners, it's NO.
    I can understand studying to play well, but I can not keep going until it gets fun before it gets better.
    For beginners, they can not find any interesting, so you probably will not run this tips in the first place. I will not do it either. I want to play. First of all I want to play normally. Instead of wanting to have a real battlefield experience, I usually want to shoot as a game by operating my own character with a controller or keyboard.
    I do not want to study as a spectator. If you told me to play after watching it, I will leave the BFV server and immediately start the burnout paradise remaster.

Thanks to poor visibility of the enemies, I think that this game brand will decline. Perhaps, this may already be doing. .
  • HuwJarz
    3881 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Swank1975 wrote: »
    As franchise long Battlefield player the game play right now is fine.

I cat stand it when people start post like this....

Ive also played since BF2 and gameplay is not fine. Just because yo have played lots of games, does not make you the authority on whether this one is good.

I'll tell you when you will know......if the game has a substantial player base in 6 months time
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any tips for people who don't think it's hard and still get frustrated playing it =^]
  • HuwJarz
    3881 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any tips for people who don't think it's hard and still get frustrated playing it =^]

To be fair, this patch (even a small change, fix auto spotting bug) has given me renewed hope that we might just get a game over time that is worth playing.......I live in hope.
  • UnearthedCO
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

Yup. Situational or environmental awareness became really important in BFV because information on enemy's location is very very limited.

A good player could run and gun. Definitely.

But I think the system does award camping. A bad player can take down a good player so easily if he takes advantage of first attack, combined with lack of shot indicators(missed shots) and almost instant TTD.

So, camping would be a great option for those who think the game is too hard.

Camp. Earn a kill. Change position. Camp.

Who wants to play CampField V??? I'm sorry but that sounds boring.
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    ppl can also watch streamers who are good in BF as an alternative to spectating (i like to watch matimi0 -- excellent player and funny commentary).

one advantage it has over spectating is you can hear the player's thoughts as to why he did a certain action and you can pick up many tips this way

a lot of the streamers have video on demand so you can watch old broadcasts and keep rewinding stuff etc. if you watch VODs from the game's release date for example you'll learn the map and gun along with the streamer so it's like having a mentor.