Weekly BF

Why so much hate to this game?

Comments

• disposalist
    8675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As someone who hasn't played a Battlefield game since 2142 I would say pass on it till it's been updated and fixed. I bought this just recently and have enjoyed the honey moon phase but the longer I've played it the more I realized it's basically a COD ww2 skin. :neutral:
    It really is absolutely nothing like COD WW2.
    Yet I just read a post where someone said they didn't like BF1 - swapped to COD WW2 and loved it - came over to BF5 and love it because the gunplay feels the same...

Personally I think COD WW2 in it's entirety is not like BF5, no. But the weapon handling and gunplay in particular?... Hmm...
  • SirBobdk
    4137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @disposalist wrote
    Bugs. Glitches. Omissions. Weird design decisions.
    Unsatisfying vehicles/tanks/planes.
    This + crap small/medium size infantry maps.
    When my premium ends I'm out of this.
  • kaptainkloss
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yea that's what it feels like, very few expansive maps. Definitely not worth 60 bucks. Lets see what this December update brings.
  • digga11
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let’s see the release notes for the patch on the 4th and see what’s happening.
    Right now with hindsight id keep my money in my pocket tbh.
    It’s going to take some serious work to sort this and they aren’t sorting the ttd this patch that comes later. I would have thought it would have been first priority which is worrying to say the least.
    Ttk is fine by me but rebalancing is a sign they can’t fix this or are looking at it from a different angle.
    Medics do need some love tbh but there are so many issues.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I reinstalled the game and gave it another go. Pretty much feel the same, dont love it, dont hate it. Had some fun, didn't feel any rage, didn't have HEAPS of fun.

Had moments that make the hate understandable, had a round where i jumped in and got 8 kills straight, my best streak and best start to a round, then after i died i got the bug where i couldn't spawn. Then i noticed in the comments other people saying they couldn't spawn, then all of a sudden, a little while later, i suddenly spawned in a random location on instant death.
    Mean while everyone saying they cant spawn and people start leaving the sever, all my squad mates leave and my good squad and team turn to crap and i go from 8-0 to 8-4(eventually everyone was able to spawn again).
    My stats still say my best kill streak is 7 as well, even though i was 8-0.
    Next round the server starts to die, the teams became really unbalanced and of course there is no auto balance or team switching.
    I join another server and i spawn in a friendly vehicle and then i die instantly from apparently being "crushed" like wtf? it was out in an open field, its not like the driver drove through a building and i was killed by debris.
    Then same deal next round with the server dying and no auto balance. Other small bugs as well.
    All small things i guess but all examples of why people get angry at the very buggy game.

That on top of the other stuff (political, lack of content, some not liking the game play or maps or vehicles or etc).

Its def not a crap game, but it has many flaws at the moment. Really hoping the patches and more content will make it better.

• destroyer3082
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As someone who has bought ever PC battlefield game since BF2(except hardline) I would say skip this. It's just not very fun. If you want you quick TTK(time to kill) shooter just go play COD ww2. Ive always preordered every battlefield + premium and i totally regret getting this one.
  • Xsari
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    i played bf v today as a medic, had 21x sniper and 11x ke7 in the enemy team (3 sniper in my own squad), left the game after 15 minutes and played some other games. awesome experience
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I find the game enjoyable 98% of the time. The remaining 2% is spawning on three Recons that are at the far spawn point and aren’t spotting.
  • gorpri
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I bought it full price but I prefer Battlefield 1. Same engine! Almost the same environment! I rather play Doom campaign it's more fun than BFV MP! Can't wait Doom eternal!
  • VincentNZ
    3238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would praise the game if it was from the devs of Titanfall or some independent or lesser known studio's product, as it is a decent shooter with working mechanics. As it is from DICE and has one of the biggest players as a publisher and is also part of the Battlefield franchise, it is nothing more than okay, if you set the AAA Battlefield standards. It is quite buggy, although I only had one crash so far, it is less optimised than previous BFs, it is unpolished, the content is not finished and/or delayed, the upcoming content and monetarization scheme is still hazy, it is overly detailed and a feature bloat.
    -
    If you set the standards to AAA title, from renowned studio and biggest publisher you can not come to another conclusion as it being an "ok" game. That is objectively correct. It is certainly worth the 15€ for a month, if you play a lot. It would be worth the money if you get it for 35-40€. For 60 or 80, I would give it a pass for now, as it might turn out good within the next 6 months, or it could be largely irrelevant.
  • LMN118
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I could back in time I would do one of two things, stick to my original decision to cancel my purchase after playing 10 hours on the trial or 2, or wait a couple of months until it is in the bargain bin.

It's not a terrible game but it is very mediocre. It is buggy, it is unfinished even on basic principles. Even just moving from point to point is annoying getting stuck on every pebble or debris, or your Squad mate who just spawned literally ontop of you and has blocked you getting you killed.

Then you have a plethora bad design choices, distasteful marketing, bad PR the fact the game has lost what made Battlefield great and added CoD design choices.

What you are left with, is a game that is very similar to Battlefront 2, looks pretty but just isn't that fun.

So I've hit 50, the cap, Assault and Support are at 20 and I am playing other games. Combat in it is just so uninspiring and I'm sick of the indestructible wooden boxes and terrain. Grinding our some CoD fantasy golden weapon skin is just sad to see in a BF much like BF1.

Add all that ontop of feeling royally screwed over the Digital Con version I just can't be bothered. Much like CoD WW2 another failure of WW2 game.

• LMN118
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't seem to edit so to add something:

The live service, Tides of War, sounded like a great idea, regular updates of both content and bug fixes and it would have been if the game had done well on releases.

Problem is, it didn't. I bet a large number of people playing it on PC did so through an origin pass.

Whereas Premium would have guaranteed content for not much more money than I paid for the DD, even if it is long after you stopped playing it, and we would of had a clear developmental roadmap.

Tides of war does not. Have they published a content road map after Firestorm? Have they promised anything past it?

So ask yourself, knowing EA, how much and for how long do you think EA are going to pay for a development team? If they do, then content will mostly be paid cosmetics.

• Sleepyhed666
    51 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Netranger9 wrote: »
    As someone who hasn't played a Battlefield game since 2142 I would say pass on it till it's been updated and fixed. I bought this just recently and have enjoyed the honey moon phase but the longer I've played it the more I realized it's basically a COD ww2 skin. :neutral:

Mate,with all due respect,you are so far out of the loop,no one going to take you seriously.

idk man it seems like I'm not the only one.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It really is absolutely nothing like COD WW2.

It's much more like COD than BF4 was, and it's just not as fun as previous BF titles - it might be worth $30.

I would gladly pre-order a $100 premium remaster of BF3 or BF4, but a remaster that upgrades to 4k and adds nothing more than vaulting.

BF3 and BF4 were pretty CoD-like too ... so many people play those games for infantry-only twitch gameplay and not much else ... Metro and Locker, 24/7.

I'd dare say that BF4 and BFH were the most 'CoD-like' of the franchise ... although, it's up to you to decide whether that's a bad thing or not.
  • MarxistDictator
    4955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because it killed its own hype before the game even came out. Now its going to be a live service farce.

Honestly can't even play the game until they fix kill spotting. That alone destroys the gameplay worse than the non existent TTD, which they are very honest about not knowing how to fix. So even when they fix one of those things the experience will still be terrible and slow paced, yay.

The hate comes from botching the game, its still very much unfinished and the developers are raising no faith when it comes to their ability to complete it or deliver on their live service (seeing a bunch of on-disc guns absent from multiplayer but with multiplayer flags is very reassuring...). This time the 'free' DLC will be just withheld stuff from launch piece mealed out over whatever their service window is going to be.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I would admit at first I was highly skeptical of this game, not quite sure where the content was going and not entirely thrilled with the beta. But the beta was just that and my friends and I have since discovered this to be one of the more entertaining titles in years. They have made adjustments to the gameplay that certain types of players simply hate, as the role of the "lone wolf" has been largely diminished and the importance of squadplay more important than ever. Elements of hardcore have made it into the main game, with a much less forgiving environment that rewards tactics and patience over "run and gun". Simply put there is a learning curve, but once you hit that you start realizing the genius and huge potential of this game.

Yes longterm success will depend on what content we get down the road, specifically the big, dramatic battles of the war we all are so familiar with. But the foundations are all there, and initial content will keep you occupied while waiting for the first, quick DLC pushes (a huge tank map next week, practice range, new multiplayer game modes and maps starting in January, Battle Royale in March). If there are problems with single player I am unaware because I don't play these games for the single player. If you have a good group of friends to play with I highly recommend this game - and even if you don't randos seem to help each other more than ever. If you like to lone wolf this game might not be for you, go buy CoD, but for $40 (limited time) BFV is a bargain and half considering it's a good game and all future content will be free.
  • SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got to about 30 hours... game is incredibly boring it's essentially BF1 with all the fun removed.

See what it's like after the patch, if it hasn't improved I will trade it in and use the money on Anthem.

I wouldn't buy if you haven't yet already, wait until patches, content and price comes down.
  • szadnik
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I keep giving BFV a good chance over and over to like it, but I'm just not having that much fun with it. For me, it's just too much infantry gunplay. Quite a lot of people like that aspect. I jumped on BF4 again and had a blast playing. Having vehicles that are actually effective and powerful is a lot of fun. For me, the vehicles have been a large aspect of what made a battlefield game 'Battlefield' for me. Tanks, jeeps, boats, quads, watercrafts, helicopters, jets, buggies...so much fun to have all those toys and they feel great to operate. BFV is in it's early stages in making balance of the weapons, but it will only ever really be an infantry based shooter. I'll continue to play it some here and there, but BF4 is still my go to for an exciting, fun, 'adventurous' FPS experience. I hope the essence of BF3 and 4 will continue with the future release of Bad Company 3.
  • FurorGermanica85
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like The Offspring 1997 said: "It's cool to hate"

I like the game so far, but the players are terrible.

Every imbalance is exploited mercilessly, almost no teamplay, K / D is more important than victory, tears and insults and so on ...

Sure, there are some bugs, some things are not perfect yet, classes & weapons balance could be better, but overall it's really a great game with a future, at least in my eyes.

If it fails, the players are to blame.
  • Robonzo1981
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    malul88 wrote: »
    I see so much hate comments on this game and i didnt even bought it yet cuz from one side is good and from the other side every second people say it **** game (sorry).
    Should i buy this game?
    Tell me what wrong with this game!

for what it's worth here is my opinion. The game wasn't ready for launch, certain things are massively bugged like scenery popping in/out, TTD making staying alive impossible, horrid menu UI, terrible sound (lack of footsteps). But in its and Dice's defence it has awesome gun play, great character animation, stunning scenery (when it isn't appearing right before your eyes) some great gamemodes and most of all the game is DLC free and free of microtransactions. There's proper progression for weapons and soldiers, medals are back.

I'd say if you can pick it up on sale, do it. Let's be fair, Dice/EA have supported every major BF for 2 years post launch so don't expect a fan backlash to make them drop this and work up a new title, they won't. BF5 is here to stay until at least 2020, at which point we'll probably have new gen consoles anyway. If you look at both BF4 and BF1 the best content came in the second year. Both launched with horrid bugs and both were massive shifts from their predecessor, which everybody whined about.

At least if you get in early you can practice and get all the unlocks before they fix everything and everybody starts raving about how good it is.