What's your preferred pistol?

The_digital_Hal
72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Been using the M1911, which to me seems a bit weak. I tried the revolver for a bit, but I couldn't control the recoil that well.

Anyone using something different with good results?

Comments

• On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MK VI Revolver, no doubts.
  • Bheid
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been using the Ruby quite a bit. Minimal recoil for those quick follow up shots.
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That 1 shot clip pistol is fun and challenging
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, I wish all the pistols (minus the revolver) feel a bit weak, even as secondary weapons. My experience with all of them is such.

P38: Probably one of my favorites. Low recoil, mixed with a good fire rate makes it easy to control for kills.

Ruby: Really good. Minimal recoil, and really fast fire rate, plus a 10 round magazine? Easily one of the best.

M1911: My main sidearm, but definitely not the best. The extra recoil it has I'm fine with, my problem is that it feels like it does as much damage as the other pistols, despite using a .45 round. I really wish that it would have some more damage, just so its morr worth it to use.

P08: Aesthetics aside, probably one of my least favorites. I dont know, it just feels "off" to aim with. Fire rate is pretty good though.

R1912: Probably my least favorite. The high fire rate, mixed with a long reload animation usually means I'm only gonna get one kill with it. Most the others I can get 2-3 people with (depending on their health), but the 1912 just has too high of a RoF for me to get 2 people consistently with. And the long reload doesnt help (but the animations are cool).

MARK VI Revolver: Not a fan. Usually I'm a damage over RoF kind of guy, but sidearms tend to be where I want to get more shots out, since I usually have to switch to them in a closer range fight, where the enemy is clear in front of me. The Mark VI just doesn't fit that role well for me personally, though I understand why people use it, because it has that good stopping power.

Liberators: Super fun to use, haven't gotten a kill with it yet though. Maybe one day.

Just my thoughts for each of em :)
  • SlowOldWarrior
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The sniper's throwing knife.
  • Anti-Messiah
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MK VI Revolver, no doubts.

• crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For allies it's M1911 and Welbey

For axis it's P08 and Repeaterpistole

They are weaker than in bf1 for a reason; it's a last resort weapon not a second primary.

If you haven't already try for the 10 sidearm kills in a round achievement; it'll get the blood pumping especially if you can do it in one life (I did it in frontlines purely because I had to use my sidearm after not having time to reload primary a fair bit so I went balls out with a pistol)
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    For allies it's M1911 and Welbey

For axis it's P08 and Repeaterpistole

They are weaker than in bf1 for a reason; it's a last resort weapon not a second primary.

If you haven't already try for the 10 sidearm kills in a round achievement; it'll get the blood pumping especially if you can do it in one life (I did it in frontlines purely because I had to use my sidearm after not having time to reload primary a fair bit so I went balls out with a pistol)

So they shouldn't be a "second primary", then you talk about how you used one basically as a primary? What?

Even as secondary weapons, they're still fairly weak, requiring most the mag to get a kill. They don't need to all be 2 shots kills or anything, but they could use some more damage output.
  • The_digital_Hal
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the input....I switched to the P38 and it's night and day difference from the M1911 or that awful revolver.
  • ThatLonesomeRoad
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well the Nagano revolver from bf1 has the least recoil so maybe you could try it out?
  • Noodlesocks
    3386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Repetierepistole. Slow reload but fast firing with good hipfire.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been using the M1911, which to me seems a bit weak. I tried the revolver for a bit, but I couldn't control the recoil that well.

Anyone using something different with good results?
    Yeah 1911 seems a bit weak for this game.  But was a beast on other Battlefields.  I used the 1911 a lot on Bad Company 2.  I use the revolver for BF5 mainly now.
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    All skill players who play for recon, armed with a sniper rifle (such as the player Stodeh), use only a revolver: Since the sniper rifle in the BF5 does not "oneshotkill" into the body and generally cause little damage, then quickly finish off the enemy with 1 shot, (after you hit the sniper rifle in the body and did not kill the enemy) can only with a revolver. Sniper rifle+revolver is the best bundle for the aggressive recon.

• Tip_the_Cap
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Don't forget, were getting a more powerful revolver as a, TOW sometime in the future. Pretty sure its been confirmed. I'm a revolver main, but I don't know iwe need a more powerful one added.

I can hear the crying already, and its going to be epic.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Webley Mk. VI, in part because I've owned the real thing and consider it one of the finest combat sidearms every made.
  • Khomrad_Dredge
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    P08 decent damage manageable recoil.
    Still hoping for a Broomhandle though
  • ThatLonesomeRoad
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Once the owner of a peacekeeper
    Just
    I lost it
    To hackers
  • Bamsmacked
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Even after the revolver nerf there isn't any incentive or reason to use any of the other pistols, they just don't compare.
  • ragnarok013
    3618 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    P08 decent damage manageable recoil.
    Still hoping for a Broomhandle though
    Khomrad_Dredge I typically use the M1911, P-08 or P-38. I should give a revolver a shot since I like the MP412 Rex in BF3.