Suggest to add Grid Reference on map.

tsvictor
19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm wondering why there is no grid reference on map. The grid reference will help players in communication and increase the efficiency of team play. To provide a grid reference point, call your pilot to bomb or ask your team to attack. It seems more tactical and more fun. If realistic and team coordination is what DICE want, add grid reference please.

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    1885 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree and suggested this before.
    Really hope it happens
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most constructive idea that I have heard in a long time! Turning off the minimap rotation so that north is always up ishelpful with callouts - "west of A" is helpful.

It would also help squared away squads wreck even more, I do not think that EA wants this for accessibility reasons - too frustrating for solo casual players.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was trying to think of some cons to this but I really can't think of any. It's a good idea Especially since spotting is what it is now
  • mf_shro0m
    1885 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Most constructive idea that I have heard in a long time! Turning off the minimap rotation so that north is always up ishelpful with callouts - "west of A" is helpful.

It would also help squared away squads wreck even more, I do not think that EA wants this for accessibility reasons - too frustrating for solo casual players.

I like to bring up the enlarged minimap regularly to see where everything is.
    I think the small minimap should remain being orientated so you face the same way the whole time but have a referenced grid over it, whilst the enlarged minimap remains as it is with North at the top of the screen and have a referenced grid over it

I usually play solo but I still use my mic and try to coordinate my squad of strangers and often they’ll listen and we’ll work together.
    I think EA should let it be the case that there’d be an added incentive to start using your mic
    Post edited by mf_shro0m on
  • tsvictor
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i I really want it happens
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Really hope it happens

Same here, I really really hope it happens. For me, it is just a simple graphic thing for the enlarge map.
  • Arkaelov
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Compass on the top of the screen like PUBG for Fortnite please. Would make callouts very straight forward.
  • tsvictor

I like to bring up the enlarged minimap regularly to see where everything is.
    I think the small minimap should remain being orientated so you face the same way the wrong time but have a referenced grid over it, whilst the enlarged minimap remains as it is with North at the top of the screen and have a referenced grid over it

I usually play solo but I still use my mic and try to coordinate my squad of strangers and often they’ll listen and we’ll work together.
    I think EA should let it be the case that there’d be an added incentive to start using your mic

Good to know people who playing BF with their mic even with strangers :):) . I dragged my friends into this game and they like it! So we usually play with mic. However, we found it hard to describe a location, especially with PIAT guy and asking a friend to drop a bomb from sky.

With mic, you will more than love to play a map with grid reference. How accuracy you can tell your teammate about a location, how exciting you will be. >:)
  • crabman169
    12847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Arkaelov wrote: »
    Compass on the top of the screen like PUBG for Fortnite please. Would make callouts very straight forward.

On top of the mini map is a compass

~

I'd love a grid in the big map.
  • mf_shro0m
    edited December 2018
    tsvictor wrote: »
    y_j_es_i I really want it happens
    Really hope it happens

Same here, I really really hope it happens. For me, it is just a simple graphic thing for the enlarge map.

Right, it’s really not complicated.

The best thing we can do now is to keep this thread and the one I made on page 1 to maximise the odds the devs see it.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164819/the-mic-and-suggestions#latest
  • tsvictor

Yes, there is. I always use this compass.
    "Hey guys, capture the flag then retreat to North."
    "Sniper fire from East, about 100m."

So fun so exciting!
  • Arkaelov
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know the compass is there above the minimap, but a larger compass at the top of the screen where your eyes shift to more smoothly while still keeping the center of the screen in your periphery would be nice as an option.
  • mf_shro0m
    I know the compass is there above the minimap, but a larger compass at the top of the screen where your eyes shift to more smoothly while still keeping the center of the screen in your periphery would be nice as an option.

Yeah, even just a scrolling bar with the direction (N, NNW, NW, WNW, W, etc) you’re facing would be good
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Grided map and addition of a compass would be nice
  • DlGlTY
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They need to put the compass ribbon at the top of the screen.