This Week in Battlefield V

So is Ju-88 One Hit Kills on tanks a thing now for the duration of the game?

zakrocz
46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
As the title. It's getting a bit old. Was in the spawn in a heavy Churchill last night with an AA tank restocking ammo when in came a Ju-88 and wipes out the AA Tank. For a second I was relieved I had escaped and then a split second later my tank blew up as well!
Anyway that was bizarre but just playing in general as the pilots are getting better I got OHK a few times yesterday in a tank by the Ju-88 and I was wondering whether anyone had seen anything by Dice on whether this was going to be changed?

Comments

• MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE prefers pilot. so that won't change.

Be a pilot. a lot of pilot guys said so. instead of nerfing aircrafts.
  • Unimatrix08
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I was in a game earlier... Countdown finished, I spawned with churchill tank.. I move 2 feet... bomber kills me and my tank with several other footsoldiers at our basespawn... game over.

• DukeSan27
    1163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Heavy Tanks should not get OHK’ed. Especially given the highly limited turret elevation which means that they can hardly fight back.

Right now DICE is like an ostrich with head buried in the ground, pretending everything is fine with Tanks. Who know what crap will get thrown up on 4th Dec.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I myself fly Ju-88 at the start of a match and go to spawn point and get like 7-8 kills. EZ.

If you kill let's say, more than 6 people at once, probably, Firepower overwhelmed message pops up. That makes me feel so gud.
  • UraniumReaper
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was in a game earlier... Countdown finished, I spawned with churchill tank.. I move 2 feet... bomber kills me and my tank with several other footsoldiers at our basespawn... game over.

They need some auto AA like they had in BF4. That way the base won't get raided the moment the match starts
  • zakrocz
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I read that they are talking about delaying the bomber spawn at the start of conquest matches to prevent the first bombing run wiping out players at the start of round.
    They also stated they want the Ju-88 to be more about precision kills and I don't know what that means.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    Heavy Tanks should not get OHK’ed. Especially given the highly limited turret elevation which means that they can hardly fight back.

Right now DICE is like an ostrich with head buried in the ground, pretending everything is fine with Tanks. Who know what crap will get thrown up on 4th Dec.

While not really wanting to invoke realism as an argument, bombers are one of the main counters to tanks. If bombers can no longer take out a tank with a 100% accurate hit, the tanks can just camp on the outskirts of the map and be relatively safe from everything.
    This is combined warfare so in an ideal situation the tanker should kill the AA - especially the AA tank - so that the sky is clear for fighters who in turn shoot down bombers so that the tank doesn't have to fear being pooped upon with a big huge bomb.
    It should however really require a very accurate hit.
    On a side note I do hope that DICE changes bombers so you can no longer unload your entire payload at once. In that case scoring a good hit on a tank willbecome much harder anyway. Also the Panzerfaust needs some damage reduction against tanks. Being able to solo a tank shouldn't be a thing.....
  • DukeSan27
    1163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    DukeSan27 wrote: »

While not really wanting to invoke realism as an argument, bombers are one of the main counters to tanks. If bombers can no longer take out a tank with a 100% accurate hit, the tanks can just camp on the outskirts of the map and be relatively safe from everything.
    This is combined warfare so in an ideal situation the tanker should kill the AA - especially the AA tank - so that the sky is clear for fighters who in turn shoot down bombers so that the tank doesn't have to fear being pooped upon with a big huge bomb.
    It should however really require a very accurate hit.
    On a side note I do hope that DICE changes bombers so you can no longer unload your entire payload at once. In that case scoring a good hit on a tank willbecome much harder anyway. Also the Panzerfaust needs some damage reduction against tanks. Being able to solo a tank shouldn't be a thing.....

If a single bomb (250Kgs?) lands on top, fine. But anything else should not OHK big tanks.
  • CSO7777
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Also the Panzerfaust needs some damage reduction against tanks. Being able to solo a tank shouldn't be a thing.....
    I still think an assault player should be able to solo a tank, otherwise we get the problems of BF1. In BF1 multiple assault-players could bring down a tank pretty quick, but often assault-players didn't even try to destroy tanks, because their weapons did very little damage to tanks and they couldn't solo a tank (they could, but it was pretty hard, especially with guns turning at mouse-speed).

In BF4 one engineer can bring down a tank as well and BF4 still has perhaps the worst vehicle/infantry balance in any BF-game ever.

Vehicle players should not go 80-10 in a match with ease (like BF1 and BF4), this makes the game stupid for infantry-players (which are the majority of players).
  • DaMutha1
    1225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I myself fly Ju-88 at the start of a match and go to spawn point and get like 7-8 kills. EZ.

If you kill let's say, more than 6 people at once, probably, Firepower overwhelmed message pops up. That makes me feel so gud.

It should make you feel like the cheap player that you are.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bombers are being nerfed Dec 4th and AA is buffed.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It boggles the mind how after this many games they still don't have a more refined level of balance in the vehicle department on launch. I mean I don't expect perfection for something so complex but it is painfully clear that the vehicle side of things has a lot of stuff unfinished like the flaming onion rounds and mine clearing charge.

The bombers are super resistant to ground based AA but fall quickly to the 4 machine gun upgrade (ironically not the 20 mm which is supposed to strong against heavy planes). It's just all out of whack.

Thankfully practice range should allow us to get some hard data to make better assessments.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bombers are being nerfed Dec 4th and AA is buffed.

I hope they reduce range, especially range of AA tanks on Aras. AA whether tank or stationary annihilates figters. They already hard counter fighters. This will be a real test of Dice balancing in bfv.
  • Zviko0
    1628 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bombers one-shoting tanks with their big bombs is completely fine. It's not fine when they can so accurately hit that bomb in 3rd person.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ju!? Are you being racist?
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't think a single bomber should ever one-shot tanks, especially Medium or Heavy tanks. At absolute most, it should put them in a critical state with ~15-20% armor remaining.

Does anyone remember how many bombs it took to destroy tanks in Battlefield 1942? It's been so long since I last played it (at least avidly), it's tough for me to recall how it compared.
  • Zviko0
    1628 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think a single bomber should ever one-shot tanks, especially Medium or Heavy tanks. At absolute most, it should put them in a critical state with ~15-20% armor remaining.

Does anyone remember how many bombs it took to destroy tanks in Battlefield 1942? It's been so long since I last played it (at least avidly), it's tough for me to recall how it compared.

I remember. Even Spitfire or any fighter (they all had bombs) one-shoted the tank if he dropped the bombs right on their rear. Hitting those bombs accurately was much much harder though.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

While I disagree, I would like to post another question: Do you think that hitting a bomber with your tank's main cannon should be a OHK?
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the only bomb that OHKs tanks is a 1000kg bomb, which is only a OHK if it's a direct hit. The JU-88 has it, but it's too slow to make use of it, especially because it can only drop one at a time rather than both at the same time. The Stuka B-1 is much more of a threat since it can dive and make sure it gets a direct hit.

On the flip side, the JU-88 can drop 4 500kb bombs at once. While it's not a direct hit, if the JU-88 starts dropping bombs and dives down to try to get all 4 to land on the exact same spot, that too can kill a tank. But that requires the 4 bombs to impact the tank, and again it can't really dive bomb to be as accurate as the Stuka. While possible, it's unlikely.
  • CatHasMyPipe
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the only bomb that OHKs tanks is a 1000kg bomb, which is only a OHK if it's a direct hit. The JU-88 has it, but it's too slow to make use of it, especially because it can only drop one at a time rather than both at the same time. The Stuka B-1 is much more of a threat since it can dive and make sure it gets a direct hit.

On the flip side, the JU-88 can drop 4 500kb bombs at once. While it's not a direct hit, if the JU-88 starts dropping bombs and dives down to try to get all 4 to land on the exact same spot, that too can kill a tank. But that requires the 4 bombs to impact the tank, and again it can't really dive bomb to be as accurate as the Stuka. While possible, it's unlikely.

Dunno about heavy tanks, but the Ju-88 can definitely destroy the AA tank from full with the default 250 KG bombs, I've done it several times.