Map voting

DelonPimentel
37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
You introduced map voting at the end of each round in BF1 and its awesome. Players can actually vote on the next map. More often than not we get to avoid bad maps as a result of that.

Please bring it back. That way we get to avoid unpopular horrendous maps such fjell 246, 468, 123?(or whatever that number crap is)

Comments

  • Quikka
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Map voting, one of few reasons I didn't like BF1. Not sure have I still played all maps in BF1 because that thing.
  • ElliotLH
    6908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I prefer there be no map voting as I find the standard rotations to be better. If they do implement it in BFV then they need to do more to randomise the choices as it got tiring seeing the same maps come up and get voted for in the server (or worse when you were in the 'sniper' server so had to play maps like Galicia).
  • Jarek-CZE
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No more VOTE maps, jesus kids
  • ProAssassin2003
    2949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. I don't want to play Devastation over and over.
  • Trokey66
    7992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Map voting was a great idea in principle but terrible in practice.

    The same maps over and over again!
  • RetroBitPixel
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No thanks it ruined Battlefield 1 for me. People will only vote for Devastation, Rotterdam and Fjell. I hope they mix the rotation tho.. playing 2 snow maps is kinda boring.
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure I want to relive the nightmare of playing Ballroom Blitz over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Somehow it's everyone's favourite, but I hate that map goddammit.
  • therealzyzygy
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Map voting is one of those things that is good in theory. In reality? Not so much. Besides, there are not enough maps yet to really justify such a feature.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After seeing how it worked out in BF1 I'd rather not see it again.
  • Zviko0
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it can be done as an option for server filter than sure. I'd just go to a server without it because I'd like to play all maps. That's what I paid for and that's what I like. But first they need to make it possible to choose assignments while in game but that's another problem.

    My vote is for yes if it's optional.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree.
  • oxi_lu
    84 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have only one, maybe two maps I refuse to play and when they come along in the rotation I just quit the server.

    I would however like to see an exclusion option for quick matches, so the game doesn't try to put me on Fjell every damn day again. Now one might have the "brilliant" idea to use the server browser -> Not an option, because more often then not I end up in a server where the map I wanted to play is about to end within minutes or has already ended when I join (only to find myself on Fjell, again...)!
  • trip1ex
    4504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2018
    yep map voting sucked. I liked map choice better.

    But map voting could be improved from what it was in BF1 if they attached probabilities to the votes. So if 2/3rd of people vote for Amiens and 1/3rd vote for Galacia then Galacia would have a 33% chance of being played while Amiens would have a 67% chance. That way it's (not)always tyranny by the majority. And less popular maps have a chance to be played a little more often than 0% of the time.

    They also could do a daily rotation where they feature a few maps and then rotate them every day or every 4 hours and then have a different map lineup for each mode so in general different modes are playing different maps in the same time period. It would be kind like going to a hi-end restaurant where the chef shows the few meals being featured (available) for that evening.
    Post edited by trip1ex on
  • DelonPimentel
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Map voting is still good because all players will have a say on the next map. Of course majority wins because it is what the MAJORITY WANTS. If the majority wants a map that you hate well tough luck for you that you are in the minority
  • DominicO65
    512 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No thank you.
  • ItsYourGirlWrex
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1's map voting was terrible. they should bring back BF4's map voting system.
  • hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Map vote is good on paper but the moment you end up getting the exact same couple maps every game kinda sours it.
  • SCHNITZELH_u11r
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bring back map voting in any form, the rotation sucks it worked perfectly fine before.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!