DICE DEV:"Can't believe we're going through this CRAP for being more inclusive in 2018" LOL

rockefellerftw
24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
source: https://archive.fo/lpciM#selection-4677.0-4677.14

Man these DEVS are SO FULL OF IT
Jesus chrsit what a **** show this game turned out to be

Comments

• naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol at the pandering on that thread.
  • IManovBG
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To me seems like these devs live in a different world. Completely missing the real issues of the game and focused over the hate about the gendarism (which is also legit).
  • The_digital_Hal
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

To be fair you should provide context.
    They're getting a lot of flak over including minorities/women as frontline fighting characters in their game, and the inclusion comment is directed at that.

Personally, I think they should start some inclusion with their fans and what they want, because they are really out of touch. Both Battlefronts, and now some of the elements of this game, like vehicle combat. Tanks are incredibly weak but bombers can go on 100 - 0 kill streaks. Great beta testing guys!
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

They're getting a lot of flak over including minorities/women as frontline fighting characters in their game, and the inclusion comment is directed at that.

This. Be careful about taking things out of context on the internet OP.
  • Meingott90
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    still cant change driver from the default female to a male judging from the vehicle customization they showed.
  • echo-smoker93
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Personally, i don't care. I liked the female russian sniper in BF1, just don't turn WW2 into a parody. I woundn't mind seeing females in USSR though... yeah, i like historical accuracy, don't hate me.
  • IManovBG
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    By the way, trolling the gamers or not their money are coming from us. So focus on the facts:
    1. How many sold copies?
    2. What is the server population?
    3. We all know what is going on with EA shares price now ;-) greeting from the community EA/DICE!
  • Hawxxeye
    4849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    What is that cesspit of a forum that you linked.
    It looked like if the same person was posting the same thing on different accounts with different words...
  • olT3lo
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Nice forum there.. looks like a, everyone is the same type of person website (trying to avoid getting in trouble by mentioning someones politics). The dev is probably hanging out there instead of here because they think those are the REAL fans of Battlefield. HAHA
  • Arkaelov
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    olT3lo wrote: »
    Nice forum there.. looks like a, everyone is the same type of person website (trying to avoid getting in trouble by mentioning someones politics). The dev is probably hanging out there instead of here because they think those are the REAL fans of Battlefield. HAHA
    Pretty much. I just read an old article about how apparently Battlefield 1 was going to have female soldiers but they changed that to be more realistic and one DICE employee spoke out about how unfair to women and that they were just pandering to young male interests. Meanwhile, said employee's twitter bio includes "****. She/her pronouns but don’t call me a woman." Like... I don't even understand what that means? I feel I just live in a world disconnected from a vast sea of other types of people when it comes certain things.
  • Wikstone
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Personally, I think they should start some inclusion with their fans and what they want, because they are really out of touch. Both Battlefronts, and now some of the elements of this game, like vehicle combat. Tanks are incredibly weak but bombers can go on 100 - 0 kill streaks. Great beta testing guys!

There was bombers in beta? I didnt see any.
  • Clarence_6000
    885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Im glad that they took the extra time to polish the game.. Im sure that's was the reason behind the delay :p .
  • Hawxxeye
    4849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Wikstone wrote: »

There was bombers in beta? I didnt see any.
    yup there were. What was not in the beta was the JU-88
  • ProAssassin2003
    2950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Im glad that they took the extra time to polish the game.. Im sure that's was the reason behind the delay :p .

Looks like a guy who plays Fortnite all day.
  • warslag
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

He looks very young for a general manager. Very nervous and awkward in talking to the camera. He wasn't even being honest so I cannot really sympathise. What a way to be going on...
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Dunno who I'm angrier at:
    -- These devs who clearly went into their recently established local No-Go Zones and recruited some new hires there
    -- Leftist gamers

Which of the two is it that doesn't understand that IT'S WORLD WAR 2, where there was an undeniable, resounding absence of women on the Battlefield to such a extent that once you start adding females to the setting, the setting collapses completely??

Female characters shouldn't be excluded because it's a videogame...female characters should be excluded because it's a WORLD WAR 2 videogame.

Besides, they could sooo still have done what BF1 did: Feature female characters in the roles that they actually played: French resistance fighters and some bomber crews.

Why was this never a problem in BF3 or BF4? -- The two games where it would've made most sense to have female playable characters. Is it because of the politics that have transpired since then? It must be.

No one was ever prevented from being part of this franchise's community -- THAT, to me at least, is true inclusivity.

Screw DICE.
  • LEGATUS_AUGUSTI
    335 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Resetera, the biased pro SJW forum famous for permabanning political dissidents, people criticizing correctness in videogames and other SJW stuff.

I still recall when they were permabanning people defending the choices of Daniel Vavra, creator of Kingdom Come Deliverance, for not including black dudes in his game set in medieval Bohemia.

Good source you got there, OP. From the ashes of a garbage site as NeoGaf, only garbage can rise again from there.
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Where they went wrong is forcing their social justice views into a video game about WWII. Making a BF game yet another political modern political statement for the sake of virtue signaling is a big mistake.

Good.
  • AnthraxCPi
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    First of all I personally like the game very much, there are bugs and imbalances as always (and yeah of course you sometimes do get killed a lot by a better enemy team, snipers, KE7, tanks or bombers, and you get a bit upset), but I have a lot of fun playing the game! :)
    I do not have a problem with females ahistorically being in the game as frontline soldiers fighting for the Wehrmacht or British Empire. I would have not missed that aspect though as I personally am interested in history and historically accurate settings, clothing etc. (With a future Russian faction it is a totally different situation though - the Soviet Union had quite the number of female soldiers for example as sharpshooters.).

And yes I sometimes get "annoyed" by the loud female screams. I think this is not because of a feeling of "historical implausibility" but more because I as a man get sad and feel like I need to protect a woman should I hear her cry, it is a biological thing I guess, it triggers me much more emotionally than a dying male pixel soldier.

But all in all I feel a bit sorry for Dice and all the flak they get and feel a certain amount of it is not justified or at least brought forward in a knowingly hurtful way. :(
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EA have always been pro inclusion. I don't doubt that they would have put in place a leadership group that is actively looking to expand audiences and appeal to minorities.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!