Weekly BF

** (HotFix incoming) You are spotted for 5 seconds when you get a kill

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Guys it's just a ping of your location where you murked the guy that stays there for that 5 second duration. I just confirmed it last match. It is not a live 2D mini map ping that follows you

That's be why we were slow on the uptake of its existence and why it's not that much of a problem; if anything it's a problem for campers

Its an unwanted feature. Especially when they didnt even tell us about it (I even mentioned it in a thread during early access and no one believed me https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/161430/how-are-people-spotted-on-the-minimap/p1 lol). Most of us died hundreds of times with a wtf look on our faces thinking how the hell did he know I'm here. After BF4 they specifically told us how removing this feature for BF1 release was going to improve gameplay (And it did) -- did they forget selling us on it, or did they change their mind? It's stupid.
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Arkaelov wrote: »
    I refuse to let dice off with calling a mechanic that spots you after a kill a bug. We are giving them too much credit for a bad decision that was obviously intentional.

Every day I'm finding it more and more difficult to bother playing the game. Mainly due to the ineptitude of DICE.

same here. Maybe in 6 months the game will be playable.
  • zePokar1
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's awful.
  • Aerros11
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This needed to be a priority.. I don't understand how it wasn't.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My days of the flank and spank have come to an end
  • CaptHotah
    1116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is this a bug or intended by devs? If its a bug then why not release a hot fix for it. It can't be that hard.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And just for clarification is it any type of kill including melee? I hate it no matter what but I'm curious.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Not saying that I'm a FAN of this and I DO hope it gets changed...

...HOWEVER....

We CAN use this to our advantage. Since it pings the last known location where you got a kill from, you might be able to bait enemies into trying to hunt you down by following the mini-map ping.

Just kill, and move slighty while keeping LOS with the general area you nailed the kill from. Rinse and repeat as enemies filter in.

I know that this isn't going to work for all situations, it's hard to keep that in mind in the middle of a gunfight. But perhaps, in the right situations, we can turn this disadvantage into an ADvantage.

But the ping is following you wherever you move to for a solid 5 seconds. I guess it's a good idea to count to 5 and then change your position.

Actually it pings your location once and does not move. If you kill someone and stay still then yes it has your exact position but if you kill someone and move strategically you can use it to your advantage against dot chasers. When i found out this was in the game I changed how I move now and it seems ro be perfect to trick people when they assume the red dot is a camper.
  • disposalist
    8659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Guys it's just a ping of your location where you murked the guy that stays there for that 5 second duration. I just confirmed it last match. It is not a live 2D mini map ping that follows you

That's be why we were slow on the uptake of its existence and why it's not that much of a problem; if anything it's a problem for campers
    Its an unwanted feature. Especially when they didnt even tell us about it (I even mentioned it in a thread during early access and no one believed me https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/161430/how-are-people-spotted-on-the-minimap/p1 lol). Most of us died hundreds of times with a wtf look on our faces thinking how the hell did he know I'm here. After BF4 they specifically told us how removing this feature for BF1 release was going to improve gameplay (And it did) -- did they forget selling us on it, or did they change their mind? It's stupid.
    There's a lot of things they intentionally changed for BF1 for good reasons that have changed back hehe...

But in this matter: You are of course spot on.
  • beat_strandh
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice should fix this bug ASAP! it is annoying, why would you get punished for getting a kill? If they want us to show up on minimap they should just make so everyone who fires a weapon show up on the minimap and bring back some kind of silencer to balance it out.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Interesting, I never noticed this. This may explain why I have been bombed by bombers in areas of the map that I should never have been seen by aircraft. I didnt make any make in game hackuzations, but I thought foreshore there were people using cheats. This explains it.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

There's a lot of things they intentionally changed for BF1 for good reasons that have changed back hehe...

I don't disagree. There are quite a few things they changed for BFV we can agree they need to be changed back to how they were in BF1, excluding ttk ofcourse. Lol
  • disposalist
    8659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I don't disagree. There are quite a few things they changed for BFV we can agree they need to be changed back to how they were in BF1, excluding ttk ofcourse. Lol
    Bah! Hehe.

There are even some things they should have kept from BF4. Why did they not keep the 3D spawn view window on the map spawn screen?!
  • BaronVonGoon

Bah! Hehe.

There are even some things they should have kept from BF4. Why did they not keep the 3D spawn view window on the map spawn screen?!

Exactly! It's like they don't look at the things that worked in previous titles. They just 'fix' things that aren't broken. That screen let you know many times 'im not spawning on that dude, he's dead in 2 secs' lol.
  • Nurvsy
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I'm mostly moving around when possible but there are game modes, like Frontlines, for example, where you are fighting over one small flag at a time and you don't have the luxury of having anywhere else to go.

• BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm mostly moving around when possible but there are game modes, like Frontlines, for example, where you are fighting over one small flag at a time and you don't have the luxury of having anywhere else to go.

Very true. It's a poor game mechanic that punishes players and prevents long kill streaks for the most part.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Ping of location at the kill or you being lit up on the map for 5 seconds doesn't matter, it shouldn't exist.

Imagine the scenario you sneak around the back of a group rushing forward, kill someone and you get lit up on the map.....ridiculous.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Ping of location at the kill or you being lit up on the map for 5 seconds doesn't matter, it shouldn't exist.

Imagine the scenario you sneak around the back of a group rushing forward, kill someone and you get lit up on the map.....ridiculous.

I agree, Dice needs to resolve this bug as quickly as possible.
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not saying it should exist just dispelling the falsehood that its a live Minimap ping.

They have fixed it internally and maybe they managed to squeeze it into the patch when they had to recert it; we don't know yet.

And at this time it's not as detremental to gameplay as people are making it out to be. Most players aren't aware of the Minimap let alone 3D spotting and those that are often chase that red dot so if you do move after a kill you can easily setup another one.

Given how most players don't understand the concept of flanking you can still do it with this bug hell if anything I've been doing it more after knowing about this. The only actual detremental issues of it is towards campers and isn't everyone crying about them ATM? So what does that say about people who are really upset over it?