How long can you play before you've had enough?

Comments

• Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I know I'm going to sound bitter and twisted, but I'm finding hard to get the enthusiasm to log on at all, never mind how long do I stay on.
    I could not stop playing BF1. I was similar with BF4. I was avid with all previous BFs.
    BF5? *shrug* Too much frustration, not enough variety and fun.
    Same here. I loose concentration fast and don't really care how I perform.
    The gameplay is so monotonous and feels without any particular meaning other than running around spamming bullets . Only Twisted steel gives me some feeling of what BF used to be and then not because of the lack of vehicle play even on this map.

And the same here. Me and my friends were so enthusiastic in the beginning and now its all gone.

The Irony is that i am doing Home Office and have in relation plenty of time to play. But mostly i get into the main menu and it stops there.
    And on the rare moments where i go into a match i realize very fast why every joy is gone. A Joy i found in BF 3 and 4 every time i got into a match.

First of all i get bombed away while staying helpless in the spawn. I witness the brainless run and gun with Flags switching its owner every Minute.
    And the worst is: when i go into the spawn menu and see that i could get into one of the rare Tanks....i pass. Because i know how useless it will be and in no way enjoyable when a dozen assaults are happy about the next big XP Pinata.
    I dismiss the Opportunity to drive in a Tiger Tank in a WW2 Game. I think that says it all.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can put a few hours in when playing with mates, but rarely they aren't on, or they go on when i'm not on and vice versa. I want to play solo to get better at the game but I can only have one to two games on my own before I feel bored and drained. Was the same in BF1. Could kill hours on BF4 but for some reason I just can't put the time into this game I want too. I do like the game as well, I just feel like one or two games on Conquest an i've had enough then turn it off til later in the evening, then have another game and so on.

So true. I just played for an hour then Put in Assassins creed odyssey. I use to play BF1 for hours on in at a time without any of the frustration this game gives me.
    I can only be killed by the LeeEnfield so many times by players I can't see before I'm like "F" this.
  • SliceNaToooR
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Depends of days.

Also depends if playing solo or with mates.

I usually can last many hours with mates. Solo is a different story. A few games of playing with people who have no ideas how to PTFO or just have a mind of their own and I usually have enough.

Conquest is possibly to worst mode to play solo, from my experience.
    Too often, I will be stuck with people just not following orders and I always end up outnumbered.

This game is clearly much more fun with friends.
  • Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well ive just installed BF4 last night - and i have no idea why i didnt buy it back at release - its quite good, i enjoyed the Gun Mode whatever it was killed, get X kills and new gun, took a bit of getting used to, and the progression seems a lot better and more open, will certainly be playing more BF4
  • karcyon
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Alone just a few matches, with friends I can go for 1 or 2 hours (once a week) before getting sick of the maps.
  • Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When the Hamada map comes up on frontlines it totally runs the experience. So ya, most of the maps, then Hamada. I quit and play RDR2 for the rest of my free time.
  • Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I play with friends, hours. This game can be very frustrating when in a random squad or on your own. It happens that i quit after being t bagged by 7 oblivious friendly medics. That's nothing DICE can do anything about though.
  • Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Ahahahahahahah.... and this is exactly what EA wants. Pay for half game (and praise it´s not as bad as "BF4´s disastrous launch), play for a few hours and get sick of it. Next year rinse and repeat.

You are being treated like sheep because you behave like sheep.
  • Agente_Silva
    Quasar9111 wrote: »
    well ive just installed BF4 last night - and i have no idea why i didnt buy it back at release - its quite good, i enjoyed the Gun Mode whatever it was killed, get X kills and new gun, took a bit of getting used to, and the progression seems a lot better and more open, will certainly be playing more BF4

but... "it was so broken at launch and all the lock ons and heli gods"; "meh meh meh git gud"
  • Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    What's up
    Post edited by Autorotor on
  • Agente_Silva
    Also I would like to suggest a thread title change:

"How long can you p(l)ay before you've had enough?"
  • SirBobdk
    4280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also I would like to suggest a thread title change:

"How long can you p(l)ay before you've had enough?"
    Until 8 of december when my premium expire :smile:
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    karcyon wrote: »
    Alone just a few matches, with friends I can go for 1 or 2 hours (once a week) before getting sick of the maps.

I'm starting to detest it playing alone. No communication, squads never stay together. Leaders never give orders. I play alone 80% of the time so it's time for a new game I think.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    karcyon wrote: »

I'm starting to detest it playing alone. No communication, squads never stay together. Leaders never give orders. I play alone 80% of the time so it's time for a new game I think.
    Is it that hard to find a clan or a squad to play togheter?

• Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can’t be **** to play it at all atm. The TTD bug has pretty much ruined the game for me. I could I suppose learn to live with the poor visibility and the TTK but that TTD is just awful. I’m a solo player and perhaps that makes a difference. I’m not going to pick the game back up until the TTD is sorted.

Thank god BF1 is still a ton of fun.
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I could play all day
  • BaronVonGoon
    6985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm playing mroe and more though my little kid doesn't let me play too long before he wants to sit in my lap. Try and aim with a kid in your lap. My days of 6 hours of BF4 are long over. Now max is 2 hours a day, an average of 1 hour everyday. And I have to pay for it by taking the garbages out or emptying the dishwasher or getting groceries
    Wives really take advantage of us men. Who's with me.
  • SirBobdk
    4280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @BaronVonGoon wrote
    Wives really take advantage of us men. Who's with me.
    My kids are grown up and my vife let me play. So I have all the time in the world when I get home from work.
    But yes, She does make a working list I have to do before I earn my right to play :smile:
  • TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Usually 2 or 3 rounds of conquest, unlike BF1 (or BC2) where I would play for 5-6 hours np at all.