It's just not a good look, Dice

BaronVonGoon
6964 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
Dice you badly need to hire a public image firm

** Disclaimer: Mods this thread is NOT political in nature, it has nothing to do with politics and all to do with questioning Dice's priorities. If you feel like anything in the post is not appropriate please ask me to edit it rather than go with the usual thread lock.

*** Please keep political discussions out of the thread as any mention of it will likely get it locked.

Dice had a party I think in LA last week to celebrate the release of BFV. Cool. Everyone deserves to party after a job... done.

Enlarge the pic and read the small text (Smaller than the #Everyonesbattlefield part). It's some of our quotes. Not ours specifically but the quotes of some of our fellow idiots in the community. One of them was a thread here actually I think.

m9CtHeu.jpg

So Dice is taking such a beating from the community and the gaming community at large and they're acting like the victim. This is the same friction that idiot EA wig conjured up when he said my way or the highway don't like it don't buy it. Again this has NOTHING to do with the politics part and EVERYTHING to do with FRICTION. The EA wig decided to build a fence between himself and the community. And we know the result of that: He got canned, the game has (Likely) suffered sales wise, and the gaming community at large has made it their mission to trash the Battlefield franchise.

My question is… Dice, why are you following in his footsteps and creating friction between you and the community? Yes, the people who make the comments in your picture are idiots (And we the community would like to distance ourselves from them) but they're the same people the guy got let go for insulting. They're part of the target audience pie you’re trying to sell the game to.

So that political stuff shouldn’t be your priority *** at this moment in time *** . Fix the game and get out of the politics you keep telling us on the forums to get out of. Seriously, The game needs work, needs fixing. Keep the women, it's fine a lot of us get that IT’S A GAME, some may prefer authenticity but it remains a game so the mature ones in the community those of us who maybe able to set the tone on the forums and reddit and twitter we can help you by calming down the loud, angry, immature minority. BUT Dice right now should be about priorities. Just look at the text in the picture. Not a good look Dice. Stop acting like the victim and stop creating friction between you and the community. Fix the goddamned game.

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean this in the nicest way possible when I say you need to take a good hard look at your communications team. You could have the best product on the planet but if the message sucks, it isn’t going to do well.

If you are doing it all in house (which I really hope you aren’t) please consider hiring a real PR firm.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That " White Men! " comment was done by many players - including me - who couldnt believe that is was censored in the chat and tried it out.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6964 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dral13 wrote: »
    I mean this in the nicest way possible when I say you need to take a good hard look at your communications team. You could have the best product on the planet but if the message sucks, it isn’t going to do well.

If you are doing it all in house (which I really hope you aren’t) please consider hiring a real PR firm.

I think they are doing alot of this stuff in house. I mean one of the trailers explaining the game modes instead of hiring some actor who can do a WW2 voice act they had the game producer Lars Gustavsson do the voice over. No big deal but... Why? Let the communications team do the communication, let actors do the voice overs. Is it a budget thing? Lol
  • BaronVonGoon
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    That "xxxxxxx" comment was done by many players - including me - who couldnt believe that is was censored in the chat and tried it out.

Not the point of thread. If you don't edit that part out a mod will probably lock the thread.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't really get this. Nothing in this photo says anything about how DICE is managing their priorities. When it's time to fix bugs, they do that. When it's time for a launch party, they do that too. In terms of "friction", battle lines have been drawn between DICE and a certain demographic of the BF community. Not ALL of the BF community. If DICE wants to mock the complaints from that portion then so be it. I'm not going to baby sit them and tell them what they're doing isn't typical of what companies do when it comes to appeasing those who they offended.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yet they wonder why BF5 is selling like trash.

Wonder how the mood will be when people start getting laid off because the game has failed to meet sales quotas.
  • Zinkys
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I actually just spent 30 minutes in chat with PSN customer support. Not only will they not price match the 50% off even though i bought the game less than 2 weeks ago they also are unable to refund the game because it's "been downloaded and played". Well no crap it's been downloaded and played. That's how i know it's unfinished unbalanced garbage right now, lol.

He then suggested I wait until the next product update to fix the issues I'm having. I told him I tried to do that and they cancelled the update.

He then apologized and said while they have had many....many requests of this nature for BF5 there is nothing they can do to help.

BF5 would be the 2nd game I've ever returned/tried to return in like 25+ years of gaming. Diablo3 was the first...and blizzard actually DID refund me that money as they knew the initial release of that game was absolutely horrible and unplayable.

Guess the best I can do at this point is steer everyone and anyone i play with to avoid this game. Funny thing is I've chatted with at least 10 people that just laugh and say "lol you bought that game?...haven't you heard how bad things are?"
  • G-Gnu
    1455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    px1kfqc397221.png

When you have devs openly writing the above in some kind of forums, no one can be really surprised by OP's picture.

It is very respectable of being inclusive, but since when people play videogames to experience/see social issues progress (especially in a WW2 setting)?

Quick answer: no one.

So instead of focusing on inclusiveness or other social issues in your video games, first and foremost make sure that your game is fun to play, not broken and not experiencing countless delays.

Omg this is just as i ,said the peak of stupidity , forced inclusiveness into a WWII, were there anyone on earth more then the Studio and Dev´s that though that it it was a good idea to push this "inclusiveness" and flush history in the drain.
    Imo i think this serves no one any good in the long run , but what do i know, i am just a stupid gamer.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    [political discussions are not permitted].
  • SebastianYarric
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Is this about being able to play as a person of the opposite gender? ( im pc ^^)
    or maps or what?
    Do you really think the game sells badly because of Historical inaccuracies?
    The game has other issues mostly it being like Hardline in more than one comparison.
    Its the game type its self that the community mostly does not like in combination with bugs
    only Timon and Pumbaa would love.
    Then the problem with the balancing, bombers bombing squad 1.5 sec in the game...
    Communication, I don't even know where to start.
    -
    But you really think its because of Historical inaccuracies that this game sells bad?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13452 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @QHUNK9000
    Political discussions are not permitted

• G-Gnu
    1455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is this about being able to play as a woman?
    or maps or what?
    Do you really think the game sells badly because of Historical inaccuracies?
    The game has other issues mostly it being like Hardline in more than one comparison.
    Its the game type its self that the community mostly does not like in combination with bugs
    only Timon and Pumbaa would love.
    Then the problem with the balancing, bombers bombing squad 1.5 sec in the game...
    Communication, I don't even know where to start.
    -
    But you really think its because of Historical inaccuracies that this game sells bad?

I think it´s a combination actually if you think about it, not every one swallows the shady historical tales they tell to fit the narrative.
This discussion has been closed.