It's just not a good look, Dice

Comments

• CHAMMOND1992
    975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't really get this. Nothing in this photo says anything about how DICE is managing their priorities. When it's time to fix bugs, they do that. When it's time for a launch party, they do that too. In terms of "friction", battle lines have been drawn between DICE and a certain demographic of the BF community. Not ALL of the BF community. If DICE wants to mock the complaints from that portion then so be it. I'm not going to baby sit them and tell them what they're doing isn't typical of what companies do when it comes to appeasing those who they offended.

But they are supposed to babysit the community because it contains certain elements who act like children. They are supposed to watch what they say. Like EVERY company has a public image department that is always careful to appease the company's customers, even if the customers are sometimes idiots. That's how you run a business. You don't mock ANYONE in your target audience. You don't draw battle lines between you and any of your customers.

Re-read this portion.
    I'm not going to baby sit them and tell them what they're doing isn't typical of what companies do when it comes to appeasing those who they offended.

So I don't know why you're telling me what they should be doing when I wrote that I didn't have an interest in it.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12089 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Zinkys wrote: »
    @QHUNK9000
    Political discussions are not permitted

What's funny is that most of these issues are BECAUSE of the DICE team's politics...yet you wanna stifle conversations here because of...politics lol. Censorship is awesome.

What's funny, Is you're also in violation of the Rules for discussing moderation for that post.

So please refrain from doing so.

• Trokey66
    7992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You should rename this thread "Choice is bad and DICE are evil for promoting it"
  • alienstout
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Meh, I don't care about the inclusion, they can likely get more players by making it more inclusive. More players = better gaming experience and longer life of game. Cool. Now they could have stepped off the high horse because that is keeping gamers away. That and the bugs and OP class issues.
  • orangebionic
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    What they do is typical deflection- they show bf5 as progressive, inclusive, you name it, so if game bomb sales -wise, they can blame it on gamers who are , according to them just not develop enough to understand its progressive greatness.
    Its not ea/dice fault that game is unfinished, and content is delayed, people not buying it, because they are nasty, mean cavemen.

Now listen up, i hope it wont sound political, but I watched that video, and had strong sense of deja vu.

From where you ask?? Well long story. I was a kid , growing in communist Poland.Every time economy took a hit, inflation rose, people were protesting on the streets, Party was holding meetings, gatherings,celebrating its progresiveness, egalitarian spirit, equality among working class of cities and villages. Television was full of it, town centres were full of it. They werent able to solve internal problems, so they spin the truth about everything blaming reactionist West, intolerant, non-modern, bad people who want injustice and division in the nation to come back.

Nobody believed back then that Party is so out of touch with reality.We knew that just smokescreen.Now in turn lets think, do you believe that rhetoric up there , on that video,now is really sincere?
    Its not their fault,they say, some people didnt like their subpar product, its fault of reactionist forces of the past who want good guys to fail.

Post edited by orangebionic on
  • SebastianYarric
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Is this about being able to play as a woman?
    or maps or what?
    Do you really think the game sells badly because of Historical inaccuracies?
    The game has other issues mostly it being like Hardline in more than one comparison.
    Its the game type its self that the community mostly does not like in combination with bugs
    only Timon and Pumbaa would love.
    Then the problem with the balancing, bombers bombing squad 1.5 sec in the game...
    Communication, I don't even know where to start.
    -
    But you really think its because of Historical inaccuracies that this game sells bad?

I think it´s a combination actually if you think about it, not every one swallows the shady historical tales they tell to fit the narrative.

Ok, that's a fair opinion.
    So it's not so mush about the MP mode at all?
    But the SP story mode that made ppl mad?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12089 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @BaronVonGoon
    I've blurred out portions of the image and embedded that instead of your Original image so as to conform to the forum rules.

• Trokey66
    7992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fun fact as well......

**** has been censored on here from the start but no one complains.

A youtuber points out that white man is censored in chat and the forums go into melt down.

I love ForumField!
  • Natetendo83
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Fun fact as well......

A youtuber points out that white man is censored in chat and the forums go into melt down.

I love ForumField!

I mean at the very least it is somewhat comical that "white man" of all things is censored, intentionally or not. That's simply how I see it, just something humorous.
  • G-Gnu
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Is this about being able to play as a woman?
    or maps or what?
    Do you really think the game sells badly because of Historical inaccuracies?
    The game has other issues mostly it being like Hardline in more than one comparison.
    Its the game type its self that the community mostly does not like in combination with bugs
    only Timon and Pumbaa would love.
    Then the problem with the balancing, bombers bombing squad 1.5 sec in the game...
    Communication, I don't even know where to start.
    -
    But you really think its because of Historical inaccuracies that this game sells bad?

I think it´s a combination actually if you think about it, not every one swallows the shady historical tales they tell to fit the narrative.

Ok, that's a fair opinion.
    So it's not so mush about the MP mode at all?
    But the SP story mode that made ppl mad?

Most probably, and at first the mad max skin jobs and very confusing initial trailer, which they toned down at release though.
    Of course and the whole shaky PR start did not helped either and put a lot of ppl.
    If all of this would be only about the bug´s then this game might be in an other light for a lot of ppl.
    And one of the problem is that DICE seems to not bee able to go forward from there initial position , if you consider OP´s picture.

@LOLGotYerTags Kudos for the paint skillz, instead of cutting the cord
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    px1kfqc397221.png

When you have devs openly writing the above in some kind of forums, no one can be really surprised by OP's picture.

It is very respectable of being inclusive, but since when people play videogames to experience/see social issues progress (especially in a WW2 setting)?

Quick answer: no one.

So instead of focusing on inclusiveness or other social issues in your video games, first and foremost make sure that your game is fun to play, not broken and not experiencing countless delays.

If they were being INCLUSIVE they'd stick in a DECENT COLOURBLIND MODE. Then fix all the broken stuff.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @BaronVonGoon
    I've blurred out portions of the image and embedded that instead of your Original image so as to conform to the forum rules.

Choosing to keep the discussion open by altering the picture slightly?

obama_beer_thumbs_up_reuters.jpg

Sorry if this comes off as cheeky, it isn't supposed to be. I genuinely found it cool that you took the time to modify the image to conform to the rules so as to keep the conversation open.

Thing is, We're not here to stifle a discussion or outright lock for really minor things.

I mean, I could have just padlocked it because of the profanity in one of the quotes in the linked image, But I felt editing the image to remove it instead was a better all round option so I went for that.

But thanks, I appreciate the sentiment :)
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @BaronVonGoon

@lolgotyertags no worries. Thanks.

I have a feeling alot have missed the point of the thread and it's turning into a political discussion. The point is friction and drawing battlelines between a company and its customers isn't good especially at a time when the product is kind of struggling.

I agree with this.

It has sort of been like this from the beginning though, focus should always be on the game. Social/political stuff surrounding it should just be ignored.

And off topic sort of but art in all mediums throughout history has expressed social and political views. Maybe not the best marketing move but well within any dev’s right. Just saying.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ITT people on a videogame forum tell one of the most successful companies in the world how to be successful.
  • G-Gnu
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    ITT people on a videogame forum tell one of the most successful companies in the world how to be successful.

These days they might need it though.
  • dICEHOUSE
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ohh Boy.... We all have collective opinions and derogatory comments amongst ourselves in the private workplace about the people we are working for or with. It's how we keep our sanity.

In this case, it probably would have been a good idea to have implemented a "entrance" full body search for any video or picture taking devices. Social Media can be a death trap.
  • Trokey66
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Fun fact as well......

I love ForumField!

I mean at the very least it is somewhat comical that "white man" of all things is censored, intentionally or not. That's simply how I see it, just something humorous.

Oh I know but that fact that you haven't noticed that **** is censored here is even funnier!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!