Weapons you didn't like at first but now you love.

Comments

• hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    I can say I love it, but since they introduced the M1903 experimental bolt action mode, being having some fun with it. Only thing, I find to slow to switch modes compare to the General Liu.

You can skip the animation if you switch to your sidearm then back to primary.

I'm going to try, thanks for the advice.
    I'm using the General Liu more, and I start to find it quite fun and useful, loving to headshot prone snipers in bolt action mode from the distance.

EDIT: just tried, switch to sidearm, works better than I expected, thanks.
    Post edited by hellfire_cthulhu on
  • FlaminPorcupine
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    General Liu. Couldn't get it to work for me, but once they added the bolt action mode with the g98 sweet spot I realized it's potential. One of the more satisfying weapons in the game. Also as a support player, M1917 LMG has to be at the top of my favorites list for its unparalleled ability to lock down entire map sections and knock camping snipers and medics from their nests.
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    The General Liu before the bolt action mode, and this is my personal opinion, felt like a re-skin of the Mondragon but with less bullets. But now, with the action bolt mode is great, once you learn how to use it properly. Is not only the sweet spot, is also the damage, recoil, fire rate and 1 bullet headshot kill at any distance (can't confirm but I'm pretty sure, had very long distance 100 health headshot kills).
    I'm getting more kills than before, as a medic with this gun. Once you learn how to use it is great, and yet I don't see anyone using it. I can't remember the last time someone killed me with the Liu, and I'm not saying I'm great, just saying nobody is using it when they kill me.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There's a medic rifle that converts into a sniper rifle of sorts (I forget what it's called) and has been a favorite. I've been able to headshot players from their spawn points at the very start of an Operations match since that gun barely has any bullet drop.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »
    There's a medic rifle that converts into a sniper rifle of sorts (I forget what it's called) and has been a favorite. I've been able to headshot players from their spawn points at the very start of an Operations match since that gun barely has any bullet drop.

The General Liu!
  • montreal961
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Huot.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just started to use the Lewis gun low weight. Man I'm not sure why I quit using it because I now love it.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The General Liu before the bolt action mode, and this is my personal opinion, felt like a re-skin of the Mondragon but with less bullets. But now, with the action bolt mode is great, once you learn how to use it properly. Is not only the sweet spot, is also the damage, recoil, fire rate and 1 bullet headshot kill at any distance (can't confirm but I'm pretty sure, had very long distance 100 health headshot kills).
    I'm getting more kills than before, as a medic with this gun. Once you learn how to use it is great, and yet I don't see anyone using it. I can't remember the last time someone killed me with the Liu, and I'm not saying I'm great, just saying nobody is using it when they kill me.

I really want to like the Liu especially the bolt action mode. Have around 12 stars or so. But the ADS shaking glitch after follow up shots is just so annoying because it takes two shots to kill. So unless you hit the headshot you really have to wait for the scope to stop jittering on the follow up.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SMG 08/18, hated the change in RoF to begin with, then revisited it a month or so ago and fell in love with it. I’m also trying to love the Selb 1906 another gun I hated previously.
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I choose my weapon depending on the server I’m in. Hit detection has a effect on the weapon I choose. I have a few favourites but they are not the deciding factor.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zooboid wrote: »
    SMG 08/18, hated the change in RoF to begin with, then revisited it a month or so ago and fell in love with it. I’m also trying to love the Selb 1906 another gun I hated previously.

I have tried to like the 1906 and even unlocked the sniper variant but for some reason I just don't well with it. This is from someone who has over 4200 kills with the AL8 .35 Marksman so 5 bullet weapons don't bother me. For me I just can't get good shots on people like I can with the AL8.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zooboid wrote: »

I have tried to like the 1906 and even unlocked the sniper variant but for some reason I just don't well with it. This is from someone who has over 4200 kills with the AL8 .35 Marksman so 5 bullet weapons don't bother me. For me I just can't get good shots on people like I can with the AL8.

Reduce the zoom to the min value. And also pace your shots at distance. The three hit kill is magical and the recoil kind of brings the shots up the the head.

Also the bullet speed is really high so you dont have to lead as much. You sacrifice a little for CQB but the mid to long range gain is well worth it. 62 stars with the 8.35MM and Im at 26 stars with the 1906 sniper
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m really not good enough to use 5 rnd SLRs I admit, but I did like the 8.25s better perhaps it’s easier to use?
  • Rufusw5
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just recently started playing BF1 again, I've been enjoying the Federov trench, it seems to be working properly again!
    With Assault, I've found a new love for the ribeye optical, it's recoil is harsh but when you get used to it then things a beast.
    I still love the helriegel, just for shear squad dropping magazine size.
    With support, I like the chauchat after ttk2 but the Burton is fun too. The Burton incindarary is amazing Vs the blimp behemoth..
    With scout I still like the smle infantry, although I'm not a fan of the scout class.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Like 1000 kills into the RSC SMG we started to click. Tap fire anyone farther than 30m away and avoid spray offs with suppression inducing supports. Then they buffed it to bring it closer to the level of other SMGs which was nice even though it's still not quite there. But as a pseudo SLR that still performs like an SMG it is a really versatile weapon.

The Chauchat made it easier to stomach the RSC SMG since it is also more of a medic SLR than a true LMG. Tap tap.

I've also sort of come around on the M1912 Storm again, it will never be anywhere near as good as it was in TTK 1.0 but it does feel less useless than it was right after TTK 2.0. Its just that the Thompson plays the same role better that it has to compete with now.
  • research-kitchen
    423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I forget which slug shotgun I use when I'm bored, but they are usually 1 shot kills. If you can figure out the bullet drop it's great for sniping.
  • BullseyeJimBowen
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Took me a long time to discover the Madsen. The thing is an aggressive beast, tge right balance between tge BAR and the heavier MGs.
  • hellfire_cthulhu

I really want to like the Liu especially the bolt action mode. Have around 12 stars or so. But the ADS shaking glitch after follow up shots is just so annoying because it takes two shots to kill. So unless you hit the headshot you really have to wait for the scope to stop jittering on the follow up.

I know the glitch, but it only happened once to me, it has the Gewehr 98 sweet spot in blot action (80-125 meters, not completely sure if that number is correct), so you can get 1 shot kills, basically you switch from a Mondragon-ish to a Gewehr 98 infantry. In my experience most of the hits deals 70+ damage (in bolt action), so is not rare get the kill or get assist count as kill. This might sound as a fanboy, but I'm not. Is not a weapon for all type of maps, it took me a while get used to switch modes and use it properly. Going back to the topic, I like it because the alternate fire mode allows you, and it's just my point of view, play as a regular medic or going kinda as an aggressive scout.
  • ashar_saleem121

I know the glitch, but it only happened once to me, it has the Gewehr 98 sweet spot in blot action (80-125 meters, not completely sure if that number is correct), so you can get 1 shot kills, basically you switch from a Mondragon-ish to a Gewehr 98 infantry. In my experience most of the hits deals 70+ damage (in bolt action), so is not rare get the kill or get assist count as kill. This might sound as a fanboy, but I'm not. Is not a weapon for all type of maps, it took me a while get used to switch modes and use it properly. Going back to the topic, I like it because the alternate fire mode allows you, and it's just my point of view, play as a regular medic or going kinda as an aggressive scout.

Oh I know all about the sweet spot. I never bothered with it while playing scout but I know all about the distance of the sweet spot for the G Liu. Just to induce more salt.

But that glitch will happen every time you try and hit a quick follow up shot. It's quite easily reproducable. I've filed a bug in June and have not heard anything.

With the father out sweet spot range, it takes two shots to get kills in mid range which is where I want to hit the follow up which causes the issue.
  • hellfire_cthulhu

Oh I know all about the sweet spot. I never bothered with it while playing scout but I know all about the distance of the sweet spot for the G Liu. Just to induce more salt.

But that glitch will happen every time you try and hit a quick follow up shot. It's quite easily reproducable. I've filed a bug in June and have not heard anything.

With the father out sweet spot range, it takes two shots to get kills in mid range which is where I want to hit the follow up which causes the issue.

Leaving the sweet spot aside, I mentioned because I think not everybody knows about it. About the animation glitch I don't what to tell you, is not happening to me, I tried shooting ADS the 6 bullets, and shoot 1 let go L2 then ADS again and shoot again and so on, the 6 bullets, multiple times, it shoots normal. I can say, most of my kills in bolt action, 2 or 3 shots, 70+ hit damage the first one, some times 80. I heard something about it, a few months back, but I wasn't using it at that time. I rotate the weapons I use, even if they are not great, playing all the time with the same gun is kinda boring for me. All I can say is, I'm on PS4, when I play as medic and use the Liu this is my load out:
    -General Liu, 2x zoom (not sure here, I know is the max zoom for this gun), legendary skin ("The Yang"?, don't remember, could be completely wrong)
    -Peacekeeper
    -Broken bottle
    -Incendiary grenade
    -Medical crate
    -Syringe
    -Concealed rescue
    -Stimulant syringe
    -Reciprocity