Weekly BF

Things we still need in BF1 regardless of BFV

Comments

• FuocoSerpente
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf1 still needs character customization. It's easy to implement. Cod ww2 had basic heads to choose from.
    They won't do it now. It's been asked for for too long now. But in my opinion, that's been the biggest let down for bf1.

Campaign = Play as a predefined soldier.
    Online = Play as a massively cloned predefined soldier.

Not good enough in this day and age of gaming.
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    Bf1 still needs character customization. It's easy to implement. Cod ww2 had basic heads to choose from.
    They won't do it now. It's been asked for for too long now. But in my opinion, that's been the biggest let down for bf1.

Then they take it to extremes in BFV, letting you romp around as a Viking biker *insert banned historical term here*.

I really don't get it.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It is good enough for those of us who don't think like kids, wanting to dress up a doll.
    Seriously. I will never understand why people care how their game character or guns look like...
  • ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hate to be this guy butttttt

We still need dinosaurs.

Moar than anything.

Priority numbah won.
  • Insidious_Inc
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't forget issues like the lighting bug still exist. They are not likely to be doing anything else with BF1, unfortunately. Wasted potential for sure.
  • FerrariF1993
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I also want to see the German Asia Korps for the Ottoman Empire.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't forget issues like the lighting bug still exist. They are not likely to be doing anything else with BF1, unfortunately. Wasted potential for sure.

Lighting bug?
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

We still need dinosaurs.

Moar than anything.

Priority numbah won.

Well, technically we do, but they're all dead and powering the tanks we drive.
  • FerrariF1993
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Submarines!!!!

They are in the audio files!!
  • SlugSniper
    Submarines!!!!

They are in the audio files!!

This and those seaplanes that we never got to use.
  • ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »

We still need dinosaurs.

Moar than anything.

Priority numbah won.

Well, technically we do, but they're all dead and powering the tanks we drive.

If DICE can make a fictional ww1 and ww2 game that sells, I’m sure they can find a way to tie in dinosaur combat in a somewhat appropriate manner.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

The lighting seems to be bugged in BFV as well, so I don't think we are ever going to see it fixed in BF1 :(.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    robmcewen wrote: »

The lighting seems to be bugged in BFV as well, so I don't think we are ever going to see it fixed in BF1 :(.

What bug???
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What bug???

You never noticed blinding light when you look through a window? Some times it's like having a search light aimed at you. Look up Light bug in the forum search box You will see loads of threads about it.

You must be the luckiest battlefield play in history if this has never happened to you. :D
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch

What bug???

You never noticed blinding light when you look through a window? Some times it's like having a search light aimed at you. Look up Light bug in the forum search box You will see loads of threads about it.

You must be the luckiest battlefield play in history if this has never happened to you. :D

Isn't that the design? Never considered this as a bug...
  • disposalist
    8658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What bug???

DICE have acknowledged it is over-the-top in many situations. They even 'fixed' it once, I think, then the fix got undone.

There are definite buggy aspects, though, things like when the roof of a building is blown off, you still get lighting contrast as if you are in a dark room when you stand inside the ruins looking out.

I think the idea of the effect is good, but it's not done very well.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    What bug???

DICE have acknowledged it is over-the-top in many situations. They even 'fixed' it once, I think, then the fix got undone.

There are definite buggy aspects, though, things like when the roof of a building is blown off, you still get lighting contrast as if you are in a dark room when you stand inside the ruins looking out.

I think the idea of the effect is good, but it's not done very well.

Thanks, I was trying to think of how to explaining the bug in a coherent and articulate manner, but it to early for me and all I could think of replying was “it sucks”
  • azelenkin0306
    563 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IMHO, two things that would make BF1 much better:
    • Remove AA Mortar Truck and Ilya Muromets from Operations
    • Add Balkan DLC with Serbia as a Faction and 1-2 Operations (Serbia vs Austro-Hungarian Empire). For this I would gladly pay 15-20$
  • ThunderTaters
    • Add Balkan DLC with Serbia as a Faction and 1-2 Operations (Serbia vs Austro-Hungarian Empire). For this I would gladly pay 15-20$

- AA truck and Ilya Muromets are fine, both can be very easily disposed of. The Mortar truck however needs to have its range and/or damage nerfed or completly removed; possibly the worst noob crutch in that game on par with the hellriegel.
  • SlugSniper

Meh. AA trucks are the backbone of a team's AA capabilities and the Heavy Bomber is a decent "zerg-breaker."

If they add Serbia, they need to include Bulgaria as well.