Auto aim

5grandfireplace
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Just a little information if anyone could help. I know auto aim is a poor topic and personally I tend to agree with those who wish it gone. But as it stands, I currently do not ‘snap’ to any enemy whatsoever. I have it ‘on’ in the menu but I see no effect if it’s on or off.
Currently I am a terrible player, I mean absolutely butchered, and I don’t expect snap to’ to help too much but I’m sure it would help me enjoy the game a little more.
So far it appears I’m seconds behind in aiming so conciquently with TTd issues I’m just not having fun. It feels like I’m at a disadvantage. I’m sure there are those who can aim that quick with or without assist, but I am not nor ever could be one of those.

If anyone has any ideas why it doesn’t snap to I’d be much appreciated.
Could my connection be the issue. EST 50-60mbs uk based uk servers.
Many thanks

Comments

• 24OmniTactics24
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your getting slaughtered because everyone is using a mouse and keyboard adapter which gives u like ten times better and faster aim. They need to jack up the auto aim so it's fair against the mouse cheaters
  • Dragam
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your getting slaughtered because everyone is using a mouse and keyboard adapter which gives u like ten times better and faster aim. They need to jack up the auto aim so it's fair against the mouse cheaters

Mouse cheaters... lol

"HE IS USING A MOUSE!!! CHEATZ!!!!111" xD
  • 5grandfireplace
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheers for the replies.
    I’m afraid I’m unaware of keyboard etc. I’m not that technical.
    To be honest it’s just a lack of any ‘snap to’ whether on or off in the menu. I wondered if I was seeing things late so snap to couldn’t find the enemy.
    I’m sure there will be others with this issue, if it is an issue? I did notice this same change while playing bf1 several months ago. I figured a patch had altered it and it would’ve been back to normal come bf5. Unfortunately not.
    Maybe several months ago I just became abhorrently bad at this game.
    Many thanks
  • BaronVonGoon
    7026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    It doesn't snap because despite the option 'Auto Rotation' still appearing in the settings menu it's no longer in the game. ON or OFF it's the same. Trust me it's better for you not to have it. You'll feel in the future that you're a better player because you didn't have the auto snap effect. I was there 4 years, just slow down, reduce your sensitivity and play cautiously. Learn to stay alive. The longer you stay alive and the kills will come.
  • Dragam
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I reckon they should just make a "kill" button for consoles, that will just make your man automatically start shooting at the nearest enemy, that way you don't have to aim at all ! Oh the joy, am i right?!
  • BaronVonGoon
    7026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Dragam wrote: »
    I reckon they should just make a "kill" button for consoles, that will just make your man automatically start shooting at the nearest enemy, that way you don't have to aim at all ! Oh the joy, am i right?!

That's what Auto Rotation did. Thankfully it's gone. It was an auto bot. On PC people get banned for using similar mechanics.
  • 5grandfireplace
    Thanks, that clears it up. at the moment I feel like my character is heading to war with a hi-vis vest on and nothing but harsh language to fire back. I’ll take that on board and persevere. Maybe soon I won’t have to scroll down the leaderboard to find my score.
    Many thanks
  • 5grandfireplace
    Doesnt need a kill button at all. Just god forbid some of us aren’t experts and a little help is needed, not ashamed to say it.
  • BaronVonGoon
    Thanks, that clears it up. at the moment I feel like my character is heading to war with a hi-vis vest on and nothing but harsh language to fire back. I’ll take that on board and persevere. Maybe soon I won’t have to scroll down the leaderboard to find my score.
    Many thanks

I sucked 4 years ago when I first started in Battlefield. I don't know what your k/d is but mine was definitely worse. If you love the game and yoilu persevere you get better and better with time.
  • 5grandfireplace
    Cheers baron, appreciate your time.
  • BaronVonGoon
    All the best man.
  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Is there a server option to turn off Auto Aim on PC?
    I’m sure most PC players would rather have it off.
    Battlefield 1 had Hardcore Mode. Looks like BV needs it too
  • 24OmniTactics24
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mouse cheaters
  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mouse cheaters
    :D:D:D
  • wildmustacheride
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol no

I doubt you've ever even actually played against a real mouse and keyboard user, they don't even really exist on console
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Many thanks

Go into your video settings and change FOV sliders to read 74. That puts it at 90 degrees and will help immensely with seeing the enemy.
  • SharpeXB
    Wow. Check this out for consoles. Who needs auto aim now?
    https://gamesir.hk/collections/new-arrivals/products/gamesir-vx
    I have something similar, a Logitech G13, on the PC
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Wow. Check this out for consoles. Who needs auto aim now?
    https://gamesir.hk/collections/new-arrivals/products/gamesir-vx
    I have something similar, a Logitech G13, on the PC

Honestly I rather play on a mnk. I dont because it's not a native support for the game so I'm not going to artificial do it. I'd feel like I would be cheating, this is just my opinion.

Now when it goes native on xbox I will if the game allows it because from what I hear it will be up to the developer to allow it or not.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You get to have Aim Assist with M&K adapter. That is the real Travesty.
  • rudolfreal
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair, FPS game just not for console. Why do you want to play something requires accuracy on console?