Panzerfaust got buffed! This is a joke

Comments

• parkingbrake
    2203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I think the tanks are perfectly fine. Previously tanks could roll around the battlefield completely unchecked. Now they need infantry support, just like real life. With good coordination between tanks and infantry, tanks can still dominate. More tiger tanks for me :)

Too bad the tank needs to drive back to base which takes lots of minutes to resupply/repair after 1 attack and leave the infantry/objective alone ...

If your team is building and repairing vehicle resupply points then tanks don't have to return to base to reload. Again, it's called teamwork, it should apply to everyone including tankers.

And why again are assaults able to 1v1 a tank easily even if he has a gunner?

If he doesn't have infantry support he's vulnerable, but if he has friendly infantry covering him then one Assault trying to get to him is on a suicide mission. The only way one Assault takes out a tank with an AT launcher is if the tank driver is oblivious and rolls into a bad situation without help. In a game earlier today I repaired our badly damaged mobile AA, rebuilt the vehicle supply station he was camping, and killed the infantry who had snuck up behind him--I'm just one guy but that was all it took to keep that vehicle alive and working, just that little bit of teamwork. A tanker who rolls without infantry support is asking to burn. When he gets tired of being killed maybe he'll learn to work with his squad. The fix for a lack of teamwork isn't buffing tanks or nerfing AT weapons. We don't need to go back to the days where one guy in a tank could go 75-2 thanks to infinite ammo and IR sights and sports car speed--tankers have to work for it now.
  • von_Campenstein
    6057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You know irl the panzerfaust was a beast.

You know IRL german tanks were almost constantly low on fuel. Is this an actual milsim or do you want balanced and interesting gameplay?
  • fakemon64
    859 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I think the tanks are perfectly fine. Previously tanks could roll around the battlefield completely unchecked. Now they need infantry support, just like real life. With good coordination between tanks and infantry, tanks can still dominate. More tiger tanks for me :)

Too bad the tank needs to drive back to base which takes lots of minutes to resupply/repair after 1 attack and leave the infantry/objective alone ...

If your team is building and repairing vehicle resupply points then tanks don't have to return to base to reload. Again, it's called teamwork, it should apply to everyone including tankers.

And why again are assaults able to 1v1 a tank easily even if he has a gunner?

If he doesn't have infantry support he's vulnerable, but if he has friendly infantry covering him then one Assault trying to get to him is on a suicide mission. The only way one Assault takes out a tank with an AT launcher is if the tank driver is oblivious and rolls into a bad situation without help. In a game earlier today I repaired our badly damaged mobile AA, rebuilt the vehicle supply station he was camping, and killed the infantry who had snuck up behind him--I'm just one guy but that was all it took to keep that vehicle alive and working, just that little bit of teamwork. A tanker who rolls without infantry support is asking to burn. When he gets tired of being killed maybe he'll learn to work with his squad. The fix for a lack of teamwork isn't buffing tanks or nerfing AT weapons. We don't need to go back to the days where one guy in a tank could go 75-2 thanks to infinite ammo and IR sights and sports car speed--tankers have to work for it now.

I don't mind tankers having to "work for it". I just want assaults to as well. Right now with the size of the map, when i see a tank, its too easy for me to spawn assault, sprint to it, overwhelm it, and destroy/route it. I get happy when i see tanks instead of scared.

And trust me, iget the whole, tanks arent meant for cqb infantry killing. But ive gotten nice hits at mid range with those panzerfausts. Right now if a tanker actually wants to live, they can't play the objective, they have to camp in an area with a clear path to a resupply. This brings out what people hate most in battlefield. Far more fun for tanks to rush objectives than it is for them to camp the corners of the map.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    We don't need to go back to the days where one guy in a tank could go 75-2 thanks to infinite ammo and IR sights and sports car speed--tankers have to work for it now.

Cause it had never have to be that way cause infantry was clever enough to counter tanks, instead they shoot them with Handguns... I had several matches in BF4 where my Squad could keep even good tankers out of the game. And when a tank has to camp the player is basically useless to team. And still you didn't answer my question at all, your post is just typical bla bla bla. But who wonders, a guy with 15k mortar kills in BF4 as best "vehicle"... Yeah what should I say about that :D Why not force tankers to play with the team while 90 % of people tend to do whatever the hell they want and at the exact same moment make assaults a one man army. Seems about right^^
    But what do I even care, let's jump into a zero-skill-bomber and bomb the crap out of these little flies on the ground ;)
  • Woodlbrad
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice might aswell give assault 100% health increase and wall hacks they're already super soldiers.
  • DukeSan27
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Complete patch notes are out:

———
    Panzerfausts are now designed to be simple ranged damage against tanks, and have been adjusted to have less spikey damage. The previous damage model relied heavily on the angle of attack, which played against infantry since infantry rarely can pick their angle of attack against tanks. Poor hits could gravely punish the shooter with as low as just 5 damage for a hit. The new model has reduced the maximum damage output of the projectile, especially against the rear of tanks, however it now guarantees far better damage for poor hits, around 2-3x more damage. For example, the previous poor hit that would give just 5 damage will now give 15 damage. In addition, Panzerfausts are now extremely potent against the parts of the tank, meaning that they will more easily disable turrets, tracks, and engines and give the attacking infantry a boost in fighting the vehicle. Note that a part disable is not guaranteed with a hit.
    Overall, the maximum damage of the Panzerfaust is going to drop. In all normal cases
    the Panzerfaust will take more hits to kill all tanks, making tanks more survivable.
    We've dropped the damage from nearly 50 to the side of a medium tank to around 25.
    From the rear you used to be able to 2 shot the tank, now it's at least 3 hits.

Reworked the Panzerfaust to be less effective on rear shots on vehicles. Armor angle on vehicles now matter less, and the Panzerfaust now deals a more consistent amount of damage to vehicles. Panzerfausts also deal more systemic part damage, allowing them to be used more tactically, taking out engines, tracks and turrets, etc.
    ———

And few fixes on emergency repair and systemic damage.

I see some hope.

• WinterWarhurst
    1289 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I just read this, sounds slightly better than anticipated from what we heard on the stream. I suppose we will roll the heavies out tomorrow and put it to the test, although I'm not looking forward to the extra spam from players lazily aiming! That was one of our best counter-measures, giving us slightly more time to kill them with our atrociously weak MGs & cannons lmao

It seems ironic to say that "infantry rarely can pick their angle of attack against tanks" yet they nerf side and rear angles from those who flank?!
  • Red1Warning
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The max damage nerf to the panzerfaust is huge, now at least two assault will have to work together to bring a tank down.
  • crabman169
    12763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Screenshot_20181205-131759.png

Just a reminder this is what you guys are complaining about
  • Ameeba37
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Overall, the maximum damage of the Panzerfaust is going to drop. In all normal cases the Panzerfaust will take more hits to kill all tanks, making tanks more survivable. We've dropped the damage from nearly 50 to the side of a medium tank to around 25. From the rear you used to be able to 2 shot the tank, now it's at least 3 hits."

You know DICE you could have mentioned this in the stream as well...
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the changes sound pretty good, just wish it was explained better on the live stream.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds more like a nerf than a buff.

So what was everyone complaining about again?
  • WinterWarhurst
    1289 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Screenshot_20181205-131759.png

Just a reminder this is what you guys are complaining about

on the stream they explictily called it a buff multiple times, and didn't say the paragraph you quoted.
  • WinterWarhurst
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

they were complaining about how it was presented in the stream, without that final explanatory paragraph.
  • CinkCobra
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are they fixing the reticule lag on main turret?
  • DukeSan27
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CinkCobra wrote: »
    Are they fixing the reticule lag on main turret?

Nothing in the notes on that.

• ProAssassin2003
    2874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DABAN-88 wrote: »
    After this it got to a point when i really laugh, i don't care anymore it is what it is. they fu*ed up so hard there is no coming back this is not like bf4 it is not just TTD, bugs and net code, this game is designed for call of duty players. i am to old for this fast trash game, i hope they will make it right in the next BF.

I don't think there will be another Battlefield honestly.
  • Woodlbrad
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Assualtfield 5
  • Hawxxeye
    3796 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

The fact that assaults will not have to think about angles as much while they can carry up to 3 of these things without accounting their other explosives and that they are are at least a third of the enemy team.