Tides of War.... Delayed

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    3:48.
  • nutcrackr
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It won't be morning in sweden until another 10 hours or so. So yeah, you'll have to wait.
  • MoskitoBasti
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If we are lucky the update will come next tueday. Don't think it will come out this week. Dice is not in a hurry. They should be but they are definitely not.
  • bran1986
    5312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
  • PaulKariyaDucks
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Exnetic wrote: »
    Battle delayfield...

Clever
  • bran1986
    5312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh would you look at that I was right.

Makes all that outrage seem pretty silly doesn't it?

~
    "The Battlefield V Chapter 1: Overture update will roll out tomorrow, December 5. Here are the rollout times and update notes: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/167845/battlefield-v-chapter-1-overture-release-timing-confirmed-update-notes/

We thank you for being so understanding while we ensured the update is up to the quality you expect!"
  • BaronVonGoon
    6201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Shaving against the grain leads to in-grown hair.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

I don’t even follow Braddock, but I liked that twit.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Naskoni wrote: »
    Even Westie is slagging DICE off now!

Apparently the guy doing the stream got lost looking for the airfield on Hamada and had to read a sign in game to find it.

Also, they have revealed that weapons will not only have unlock assignments (I liked them in BF1, but a lot of folk hate them) the assignments will LOCK OUT after a certain amount of time and you'll have to retry again later!

What are they doing?
    Wait wait let me ask you a question so that I'm clear on this assignment situation. So what you're saying is.. if there is an assignment with similar difficulty as destroy 2 planes with LMGs, you destroy one plane but if you don't destroy the second within a certain timeframe you end at 0 planes destroyed?
    Sounds like it. There's a one week period for each unlock to be completed and that unlock involves several tasks. Don't complete it in time? Don't get the weapon.

It sounds like it won't be too hard and that there will be other chances to get the weapons, but, even so... why?

It's like the weekly medals in BF1 (one of which I still don't have - it has never come up in 1500+ hours in 2 years). Not a big deal, but irritating and frustrating for no good reason.

Oh and one of the zodiac dogtag missions which, for some reason, I have never seen active in 2 years, even though they have done and redone them, supposedly (anyone else have Sagittarius?)

The sheer "inventiveness" of locking people out of weapons that only some will get to use - totally not going to open whole salt mines worth of positive emotions. I wonder behind what those unlockables with be locked for those that miss them. Because sure as heck not everybody can play every single week for a week to unlock everything. This a game, not a second job...

Any news on what weapons are coming with the update ? If any.
  • BaronVonGoon

Apparently the guy doing the stream got lost looking for the airfield on Hamada and had to read a sign in game to find it.

Also, they have revealed that weapons will not only have unlock assignments (I liked them in BF1, but a lot of folk hate them) the assignments will LOCK OUT after a certain amount of time and you'll have to retry again later!

What are they doing?
    Wait wait let me ask you a question so that I'm clear on this assignment situation. So what you're saying is.. if there is an assignment with similar difficulty as destroy 2 planes with LMGs, you destroy one plane but if you don't destroy the second within a certain timeframe you end at 0 planes destroyed?
    Sounds like it. There's a one week period for each unlock to be completed and that unlock involves several tasks. Don't complete it in time? Don't get the weapon.

It sounds like it won't be too hard and that there will be other chances to get the weapons, but, even so... why?

It's like the weekly medals in BF1 (one of which I still don't have - it has never come up in 1500+ hours in 2 years). Not a big deal, but irritating and frustrating for no good reason.

Oh and one of the zodiac dogtag missions which, for some reason, I have never seen active in 2 years, even though they have done and redone them, supposedly (anyone else have Sagittarius?)

The sheer "inventiveness" of locking people out of weapons that only some will get to use - totally not going to open whole salt mines worth of positive emotions. I wonder behind what those unlockables with be locked for those that miss them. Because sure as heck not everybody can play every single week for a week to unlock everything. This a game, not a second job...

Yes Vickers machine gun (Not sure if LMG or MMG), Selbstadler 1906, Rebeyroles, and another one I cant remember. Jack frags had a video today showing them off.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Shaving against the grain leads to in-grown hair.

that's why you exfoliate
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Can we pay $15 for early access to the delayed update?

No your too early.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What are they doing?

Yes Vickers machine gun (Not sure if LMG or MMG), Selbstadler 1906, Rebeyroles, and another one I cant remember. Jack frags had a video today showing them off.

Can you provide info on the Ribeyerolles?

I never saw or heard anything about it and it wasn't shown off in the trailer.

Week 1 is Vickers K MMG
    Week 2 or 3 is 1906
    Week 4 is AG/m42 (which is a Swedish SLR that looks like the Mondragon a little)

I wouldn't say no to four weapons though as stupid as they way they've done them is.
  • BaronVonGoon
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Can we pay $15 for early access to the delayed update?

Lol

tenor.gif
  • BaronVonGoon
    crabman169 wrote: »

What are they doing?

Week 1 is Vickers K MMG
    Week 2 or 3 is 1906
    Week 4 is AG/m42 (which is a Swedish SLR that looks like the Mondragon a little)

I wouldn't say no to four weapons though as stupid as they way they've done them is.

I honestly don't know other than hearing Jack and Westie talking about it. They had pics of it too. It looks like a semi auto, assault class likely.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else think that maybe, just maybe, these unlockable guns will be able to be used by all classes? I'm kind of hoping that.
  • Ameeba37
    1751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

What are they doing?

Week 1 is Vickers K MMG
    Week 2 or 3 is 1906

In the stream EA/DICE did yesterday Ribeyrolles appeared in the weapon selection list, assault class IIRC. They didn't even mention the weapon so idk what's the deal with it.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I heard it's been delayed Indefinitely.