This Week in Battlefield V

Smoke grenades for support!

Cknight1212
16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Please for the love of God PLEASE let support players use smoke grenades!! I was blown away when I first set up my support class and realized we don't get smoke grenades. Every class could use them in bf1, why not this one? Why do snipers get them in bf5, but support doesn't??

It makes no got dang sense! Please change this. I beg of you.

Comments

• DominicO65
    512 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know how the support class is expected to close the distance to use shotguns without smoke grenades.
  • Cknight1212
    Exactly, there's also been plenty of times I could've revived a squad mate had I just been able to throw down some smoke!
  • rudolfreal
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe give shotgun to medic instead of support is another solution?
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please for the love of God PLEASE let support players use smoke grenades!

hell no. what would happen?

1. Throw Smoke nade in front of enemys (mid or long-distance away)
    2. Lay on the ground/go behind cover
    3. bipod
    4. wait untill smoke is gone
    5. none of the enemys could ever see you, while you are bursting everyone away with the MG42 as soon as the smoke is gone

i'm playing assault with the g43, sometimes i think "awh how cool would smoke be now". but smoke in BF5 is more important than ever, due low TTD. it should be only available to the "weakest" (in terms of ranged weapons) class; medic.

just go ahead, nothing to see here.
  • Cknight1212
    phr91 wrote: »
    Please for the love of God PLEASE let support players use smoke grenades!

hell no. what would happen?

1. Throw Smoke nade in front of enemys (mid or long-distance away)
    2. Lay on the ground/go behind cover
    3. bipod
    4. wait untill smoke is gone
    5. none of the enemys could ever see you, while you are bursting everyone away with the MG42 as soon as the smoke is gone

i'm playing assault with the g43, sometimes i think "awh how cool would smoke be now". but smoke in BF5 is more important than ever, due low TTD. it should be only available to the "weakest" (in terms of ranged weapons) class; medic.

just go ahead, nothing to see here.

Why do snipers get smoke grenades then? Also, did you even play bf1? Support class had smoke grenades in that game and it was fine. It's idiotic that all classes can't use them.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Said it on the other thread about more smokes, add another squad call-in for smoke artillery.