Squad lead theft

CptDuffy
122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Getting pretty sick of noobs stealing the squad lead using the points and then not doing the job.

Every time I change my kit then spawn in and die instantly (which shouldn’t happen but it does) some pimply little teenage doosh steals then squad lead uses the points and then leaves the mark ups until I take it back.

You gotta stop this I actually do the job the whole game then at the end this happens all the time because the new reinforcements mechanic. With it should have been added a squad lead lock mechanic so it can’t be stolen.

Comments

• CptDuffy
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Don't die
    Set an objective
    Problem solved
    (This has only happened to me once and that was because I needed the toilet magic)

I play a lot and it’s a constant issue
  • EccOMyth
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So it can be taken even if you're calling points? I have not had it taken from me yet as long as i'm giving orders to take or defend points even when someone is constantly asking for orders or i'm killed a lot.
  • firechickenfan
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It can also be taken between rounds.
  • jarmet100
    322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you are a squad leader and only care about the reinforcement points.. then maybe you shouldnt be squad leader. Lead your squad to victory. Always give them objective orders to attack/defend. There so be no down time between orders given.
  • CptDuffy
    jarmet100 wrote: »
    If you are a squad leader and only care about the reinforcement points.. then maybe you shouldnt be squad leader. Lead your squad to victory. Always give them objective orders to attack/defend. There so be no down time between orders given.

I always have taken the lead and done the job mate but now the noobs want it just for the pointa
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe there should be a vote to decide whether or not the squad leader should be demoted. If they've been giving orders and have been temporarily disposed, the squad won't want a change. I only request orders if the squad leader is oblivious. I genuinely want an order, not necessarily to wrest control away so I can use the points.
  • The_digital_Hal
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you've set an order and a squad member requests an order, you still have to redo your order or the game switches the squad lead?

If that's true....that's dumb. If an order is set, requesting an order shouldn't do anything.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just set orders.
  • dinobass
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I'm not mistaken, you can't just redo an order because it won't register: you have to issue a new order, and then have to change it back. Can someone confirm this? In any case, I don't think it should be possible to request an order if there is already an active order; the only reason someone does this is to steal the squad leader.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had no idea this was happening or even a possibility.

Damn forum, u guys know everything. Respect.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's dumb. I'm usually only one capturing objectives so I'm always in a fire fight. Plus the Comma Rose is so busted on PS4 it's hard to use while tough situations.

Had a Noob take it from me then tea bag in front of me. Great idea.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's dumb. I'm usually only one capturing objectives so I'm always in a fire fight. Plus the Comma Rose is so busted on PS4 it's hard to use while tough situations.

Sounds frustrating, but I'm always going to respect someone going out of their way to teabag. Shows they care.

And I'm immature. Sorry.
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dinobass wrote: »
    Problem is, someone requests an order (so you place one) but they keep spamming NEED ORDER and ultimately they steal squad leader when you're too busy PTFOing to toggle orders. DICE need to implement a system where if an order is requested and given, players are unable to request another order until the first order is fulfilled.

When you notice such a jerk, i.e. someone that intentionally is trying to get lead for the sake of it, simply kick them out. If they keep rejoining then make the squad private, then kick and wait a minute or two.
  • CptDuffy

Couldn’t have said it better I’m all over it as much as I can but on Xbox the rose is dodgy as well and when you’re constantly in fire fights.....
  • Hawxxeye
    5210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the request order prompts need an audible and properly visible message
  • dinobass
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    An audio cue would be helpful: just eq one of the order request audio assets to sound like it's coming over a radio, for instance. It's easy to miss a NEED ORDER in the chat log when PTFOing.
  • ElliotLH
    7828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Put on your steel-toed boots and kick away.