It's just not a good look, Dice

Comments

• DrunkwoIf
    268 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Its just sad to see what has become of Dice. First they ruin their own franchise by trying to make it a cod copy now this?
  • Buzzkill66
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Worst PR for any product I have ever seen...
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    EA, and apparently DICE too, doesn't care about customer PR.

It makes me wonder why such a gigantic corporation doesn't care or doesn't even have a functional PR department.
    People can say whatever they want and blame community for overreacting. But there is a thing called good business practises and those do not include being rude with potentional customers or accusing them of something. People responsible for marketing must prevent such acts because in the end those will bite the corporation itself and not the customers. There is literally no reason to shoot yourself in a foot over and over.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    EA, and apparently DICE too, doesn't care about customer PR.

It makes me wonder why such a gigantic corporation doesn't care or doesn't even have a functional PR department.
    People can say whatever they want and blame community for overreacting. But there is a thing called good business practises and those do not include being rude with potentional customers or accusing them of something. People responsible for marketing must prevent such acts because in the end those will bite the corporation itself and not the customers. There is literally no reason to shoot yourself in a foot over and over.

Agree completely. Makes no sense.
  • Trokey66
    7802 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm with @crabman169
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok, I feel bad doing this because u guys have spent so much time and hard work on this thread but.....

*In hushed tone*

They don't care what u think.

Shhhhhhh....
  • windtear
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Enough with this PC BS and let the major attention back to the problematic gameplay, gear balance & map etc, just switch your gender to male like 99.99% players did.

This is a none sensical war of SJW vs lonely nerds and now people are making a mountain from a molehill of it
  • ScoutQo
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    All of this fuss just because a company finally decided to give women and people of color the option to not be white men in their video game. I knew white men wouldn't give up the spotlight easily, but damn. It's all unfolding more pathetically than I could have anticipated. It's like watching a fish out of water gasping for air, but instead of just gasping for air, it thrashes around for like.....days. A lot of you in this thread are just mad that that banner with its quotes actually proves they're right for loudly taking this stance; the stance that they will offer women and people of color the option to insert themselves as avatars into the game and there's nothing you can do to force white male avatars on all players ever again. Ever. It will never be that way again.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't like how marketing was handled, and there was no way in hell I was paying full price for this, but 40 for the deluxe digital was too tempting. They did fix SWBF2 for the better, and BF1 remains one of my favorite games even if the lower TTK made the game a bit too easy in some ways. Anyway, not sure I will love this, but I am just going to ignore all the crap. I just don't care about historical accuracy at this point. I mean BF1 was basically automatic weapon game lol. At any rate I do hope Dice has learned that making your fanbase completely angry is not the right way to go about things.

And EA give your teams more time for the love of god. This game was so clearly rushed as heck. The only reason I am jumping in is because price and the patch today seems like it will fix a lot of issues. Otherwise I would still not be playing.
  • Cknight1212
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ScoutQo wrote: »
    All of this fuss just because a company finally decided to give women and people of color the option to not be white men in their video game. I knew white men wouldn't give up the spotlight easily, but damn. It's all unfolding more pathetically than I could have anticipated. It's like watching a fish out of water gasping for air, but instead of just gasping for air, it thrashes around for like.....days. A lot of you in this thread are just mad that that banner with its quotes actually proves they're right for loudly taking this stance; the stance that they will offer women and people of color the option to insert themselves as avatars into the game and there's nothing you can do to force white male avatars on all players ever again. Ever. It will never be that way again.

Spoken like a true sheep. Also, you seem pretty racist.
  • Stahlmach
    1135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Because until recently it doesnt mattered, the majority still pre-ordered and or/bought it in general. Video gamers seem or seemed to be a special kind of masochists who even defend a company that sells them multiple times a broken or unfinished product. Something which i highly doubt, they would tolerate when buying any other product for their daily life, no matter if for your Hobby or not.
    You can find enough examples for this in the Forum where people tell you that this is normal because programming is complicated and you are ungrateful etc etc etc.
    Guess what ? This isnt my problem. Because on the other side they want my money for their product. So the last thing i - as a costumer - can except is a working product. Working as intended the day i bought it.

But this attitude of releasing a Banana product which ripes at the costumer and not before became more and more known to long time Gamers and they started waiting to buy after the release. I do this with very, very few exceptions and usually i regret it when i make an excaption form that golden Rule after like i do with Battlefield 5. And Publishers hate that because to them Pre-orders and the first two - four weeks are the most important sales wise.

Some Companies and their PR Departements realized that and are acting without alienating their costumers. Others...well lets say some take longer to learn. Sometimes long enough until its too late.
  • Stahlmach
    1135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Phantom

Because until recently it doesnt mattered, the majority still pre-ordered and or/bought it in general. Video gamers seem or seemed to be a special kind of masochists who even defend a company that sells them multiple times a broken or unfinished product. Something which i highly doubt, they would tolerate when buying any other product for their daily life, no matter if for your Hobby or not.
    You can find enough examples for this in the Forum where people tell you that this is normal because programming is complicated and you are ungrateful etc etc etc.
    Guess what ? This isnt my problem. Because on the other side they want my money for their product. So the last thing i - as a costumer - can except is a working product. Working as intended the day i bought it.

But this attitude of releasing a Banana product which ripes at the costumer and not before became more and more known to long time Gamers and they started waiting to buy after the release. I do this with very, very few exceptions and usually i regret it when i make an excaption form that golden Rule after like i do with Battlefield 5. And Publishers hate that because to them Pre-orders and the first two - four weeks are the most important sales wise.

Some Companies and their PR Departements realized that and are acting without alienating their costumers. Others...well lets say some take longer to learn. Sometimes long enough until its too late.
  • HiltonR007
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Servers are down in Europe.. No connection.
  • Trokey66
    7802 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    HiltonR007 wrote: »

So you came straight here to cry instead of doing some minor research?

This is what is wrong with community!

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/167845/battlefield-v-chapter-1-overture-release-timing-confirmed-update-notes

Took me 2 mins to find this.
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    HiltonR007 wrote: »

So you came straight here to cry instead of doing some minor research?

This is what is wrong with community!

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/167845/battlefield-v-chapter-1-overture-release-timing-confirmed-update-notes

Took me 2 mins to find this.

HiltonR007 looks like he’s new to the forum, if you look at his profile you’ll see he only joined on the 2nd of December. Yes not the right thread for the complaint but maybe cut him some slack.
  • UnderdogSam
    96 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure I want a historically too accurate game.
    I'm half German and my old man is from Texas I have a certain dislike to a too realistic game.
    If you would really want to go that direction in a video game it might not be the best choice.
    I think you need family members in your family on both sides to get a full picture of the mental
    issues it caused.
    -
    So you want a storyline with realness?
    Mock Executions, Sexual assault on a woman. The list would go on and on.
    -
    Man ok... let me talk seriously for just this one post.
    One of my German Grandgrgandfathers who fought in the second WW, and lost both his legs when the train he was the operator of was bombed...
    Now after the war he came home and not everyone had a wheelchair or wanted to use one
    so he would prefer to rub over the floor of his house.
    The after effects of it being my grandmothers fear of ppl who are disabled.
    -
    My other Grandgrgandfather hmm... he did things...
    Let's just say there were two kinds of soldiers back then.
    *The one kind was the old guard of the German Empire.
    *And then the ones how where idealistically changed to fit the view of "new Germany".
    -
    I have my handful of issues with this game, but it being too historically inaccurate is not one of them.
    I have learned not to judge ppl for their needs or what they think is important and sir I won't start now.
    this topic is just not my cup of tea the more I think about it.
    Good day, I'm out :wink:

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!