Weekly Debrief

Bf5 Snipers

HelmarBot
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I think DICE just made this game for ultimate sniping

Everytime I play I die because I was sniped by an idiot sitting and camping in his base

I love Battlefield but it should be called Battlesnipe

Comments

• JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Obligatory "I was killed once by a sniper so I want the entire class nerfed even though I've never once played Recon and I'm just very salty about the whole ordeal despite the overwhelming feedback from the community that Recon is severely underpowered at the moment and is likely, due to the prominent whining of particular loud individuals, going to be nerfed even further to the point of uselessness" post.
  • snakeater418
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not a good class at the moment, sure, i still get sniped all the time, but usually by different players each time. There's only a few maps where the can really snipe effectively, otherwise you can easily close in on them and best them with any other class with minimal effort.
  • Pmuecke
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The other classes can just point and shoot while the sniper has to think about bullet velocity and trajectory.

My MMG using support would like a word with you :p
  • snakeater418
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    An ok support gunner is way more threatening than any good sniper.
  • PhunkieTown
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers really suck all the fun out of this game. Always has been. I feel like BF always wants to keep their snipers happy cause there are a lot of people who like to play snipers.
    Can't wait for servers to start limiting snipers to just a few slots
  • Dreamsquasher1
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Did we need another thread about this? Lol
  • FISHY12542
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers really suck all the fun out of this game. Always has been. I feel like BF always wants to keep their snipers happy cause there are a lot of people who like to play snipers.

It's either get a headshot...or pray your enemy is already injured or else you aren't getting a one shot kill. Plus there's bullet travel and all of the other **** to factor in. If you're dying to snipers without being hit with a headshot...then that's your fault for being low on HP and running out in the open.
  • snakeater418
    FISHY12542 wrote: »

It's either get a headshot...or pray your enemy is already injured or else you aren't getting a one shot kill. Plus there's bullet travel and all of the other **** to factor in. If you're dying to snipers without being hit with a headshot...then that's your fault for being low on HP and running out in the open.

This is pretty much it. I maxed out as recon and maybe got 20 kills with bolt action rifles, why? Because unless you hit the head, it's almost always at least 2 shots.
  • PhunkieTown
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    FISHY12542 wrote: »

Come on man it's not that hard to land headshots don't make it sound like snipers have the hardest job in the world. Some of the maps are so nice for snipers. If I'm wrong than we got some damn good players playing this game. And it's not like you're fighting against ONE sniper. One can miss, the other guy hits you in the arm or something, the next hits you in the stomach and you're dead. Every hotspot or fight spot has at 3-4 snipers aiming or more.
    It's just not fun. But it's cool, soon this problem will be solved thanks to specific rulesets on servers.
  • snakeater418
    It's not always that easy either. I thought the hardest part of playing recon was actually getting decent points. Unless you get 1 shot kills of assisted kills all the time you can't really "snipe" effectively. I used the semis mostly so I could 2 shot someone at almost any distance quickly.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    None of you anti-recon have actually played the class have you?

They're the weakest they've ever been, so complaining about being killed by one always makes me laugh.

I prefer classes to be balanced so I can switch to whatever class I feel like playing, but right now you have Assault right at the top, followed by Support then waaaaaay down the bottom you'll find poor old Recon and Medic. At least Medic is getting some love soon. Recon though? Nope.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HelmarBot wrote: »

Everytime I play I die because I was sniped by an idiot sitting and camping in his base

News flash, i get killed by support and assaults all the time, thus i think they shouldn't be in the game. This argument that I get killed by recon all the time is bs. The only reason people are annoyed is because they got hit from a distance. I think a lot more snipers would play closer to the objective if it were viable but they get absolutely melted in less than a second because that is the way the dice has chosen to balance the class in battlefield 5
  • Hawxxeye
    5595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    danosta wrote: »
    HelmarBot wrote: »

News flash, i get killed by support and assaults all the time, thus i think they shouldn't be in the game. This argument that I get killed by recon all the time is bs. The only reason people are annoyed is because they got hit from a distance. I think a lot more snipers would play closer to the objective if it were viable but they get absolutely melted in less than a second because that is the way the dice has chosen to balance the class in battlefield 5

Even I who often advocate in favor of the recon class, I get mad at the distant snipers because it feels as if someone who is sitting "out of the playing field" is interfering with the match.
    It is a natural reaction to get angry at them.
    But once one cools down they need to think: "What other choice does their class have?"
  • Cknight1212
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    In bf1 I played as a "close range" sniper. I rocked the Russian 1895 rifle and loved it. I'd charge in with the rest of my squad and we'd tear it up. Cut to bf5 and idk if I'm just not using the right gun or what, but there's no way I can do that now. Sure I could use the model 8, but it sucks shooting a guy in the head from 20 yards away and only doing 65dmg. It's friggin stupid.

So now I just rock support class, even though they don't get smoke grenades but snipers do. Cuz that makes sense. Everyone should be able to use smoke grenades.
  • StormSaxon
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Joke thread.
    I playing sniper/recon now and it’s the hardest class to use in terms of getting kills.

Infact I have to choose targets carefully. Other snipers and prone supports are first choice. Some others just aren’t worth wasting 2-3 bullets on at certain ranges.
    And you don’t want to be getting in on the action sit back and spot away..
  • Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    what ive noticed about being sniped from such a distance a way, is that the bullet trace coming towards you is way way wayy off,and you think haha missed, then boof i am hit or dead, Dice need to fix this incoming trace visual, i BF1 if you was lucky, you could move out the way from a long distance incoming bullet trace.
  • doorfen
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, the recon class is definitely not the easiest path when it comes to being effective on the Battlefield. In this video, I discuss 4 action points that can improve your recon efficiency.

And no no no... the class is definitely not overpowered. I think its the hardest class to play at the moment.

Best Regards
    doorfen