Weekly Debrief

Tank operators and pilots are being forced to play female characters.

Comments

• Raven3356
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks to EmothicVH and others for supporting me in this option that should already be in the game.
  • AcTiVe13245
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stop bailing out or leaving your tank for the enemy to grab. Problem solved.

Or just stop caring that the soldier you operate for a few minutes in a computer game is female?...
    I care about playing male as much as dice cares about forcing famele tankers/pilots, asian/black/white people as an option ;)
    So not at all then, since the defaults across the classes are pretty random and it just happens that tanker/pilot customising isn't in game yet.

Still, tin foil hats on! It's a grand liberal conspiracy to force gender issues!

Truth is, they push this political correctness. Say what you want but we can clearly see it by latest games ;) "defaults" are random, but we were speaking about pilots and tankers which are always female :)
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Raven3356 wrote: »
    Dice please make it so I can customize my pilots and tankers? You have options for classes but not for tankers and pilots.

I agree.
  • Masqerader
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Presumably they will be customisable at some point, not just in terms of character model but weapons loadout as well.

it was suppose to be included in game
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stop bailing out or leaving your tank for the enemy to grab. Problem solved.

Or just stop caring that the soldier you operate for a few minutes in a computer game is female?...
    I care about playing male as much as dice cares about forcing famele tankers/pilots, asian/black/white people as an option ;)
    So not at all then, since the defaults across the classes are pretty random and it just happens that tanker/pilot customising isn't in game yet.

Still, tin foil hats on! It's a grand liberal conspiracy to force gender issues!

Yep. The ten seconds of air time I had before I was shot down and had to bail, my character was a male.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Raven3356
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA give us male characters for tanks and planes. This is absurd.
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Whether this crap by DICE is deliberate or not, it's good...It surely adds to the backlash and losses for EA which in-turn will hopefully make politics seem far less attractive for their games in the furure.
  • Raven3356
    It's false advertisement to say we can have gender selection when in fact we cannot.
  • Cknight1212
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Dice please make it so I can customize my pilots and tankers? You have options for classes but not for tankers and pilots.

EA, it's in the game.... eventually.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

EA, it's in the game.... eventually.

I love this comment. Wish I thought of it.
  • Raven3356
    I think it's unprofessional that EA doesn't at least make a statement about this crap.
  • Almighty_Reven
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Besides being forced to play a female character by default (muh grandma was a WWII Tank operator, didn't you know?), the more meaningful offense is that we can't customize the weapons/equipment that the class holds. I don't want to be handed a trash, iron-sight Sten in the event that I need to step out of the tank.
  • Raven3356
    This thread needs to keep cranking. Lets get the men back in the war!
  • Meingott90
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    they just posted in the reddit AMA that you wont be able to change the drivers gender

so every tanker and pilot will be forever female.

#everyonesbattlefield
  • anken555
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Its ridiculous... With all their insistence on female character, it obsiouly not a coincidence. Why are they doing this ? Its so immature. They just provoke people.
  • Meingott90
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    anken555 wrote: »
    Its ridiculous... With all their insistence on female character, it obsiouly not a coincidence. Why are they doing this ? Its so immature. They just provoke people.

the people making these decisions aren't the ones doing the coding, and werent the ones who made BF1942. They aren't there to make a good WW2 game that pays homage to that war.

They are there to push their ideology like a good SJW marxist and to rub it in the face of anyone who doesnt like it. This game comes from Sweden, a country so brainwashed their news agencies actually photoshop peoples skin color to look white when theres a crime committed.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's really not that big of a deal.

What I find ironic is that a lot of people who are offended by this, would have probably spent a lot of energy scoffing at people who might have been offended by a lack of female character models, had that been the case.

I prescribe you all 1000 milligrams of Manthehellupenol.

Also, some light reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariya_Oktyabrskaya
  • Raven3356
    This is my last battlefield.
  • Prep768
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play tanks/pilots on evenings and weekends, Mon to Fri 9-5 - I'm all man.
    #lifechoice
This discussion has been closed.