Weekly BF

BFV might be the best battlefield yet.

Comments

• CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can't say enough about how great this game is. I can't wait till they drop more maps...

The game is amazing, and it will remain amazing as long as Dice doesnt make any knee jerk reactions. I worry though, as Dice is notorious for shooting themselves in the foot. :smirk:
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love this game! I’ve never enjoyed a battlefield at launch, but despite the bugs this one is a heck of a lot of fun!
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am also absolutely loving this game. EPIC!
  • irishwarriormoor
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now that the newness of the game has worn off I am having second feelings about this game. The aspects of the game that I like are not enough to overcome the issues with the game I have now.

First. This game is only fun with a full server and your squad playing as a squad. The reason being that this is a COD sniping game. Though its more realistic that gun battles are short and quick, in this game the fun factor has been eliminated. There are only two maps that make this even remotely playable. Arras and Twisted Steel. In the other maps the moment you move is the moment you stop. There is not enough other stuff going on around you. Just empty space and sniping. Not enough vehicles. Not enough stationary weaponry. The bugs are bothersome also. On support my favorite weapon has a aim glitch. Parachutes dont work. Lastly, the game doesn't have a WW2 feeling. It has nothing to do with the diversity and more to do with nothing being there to let you know you are in WW2.

I made a mistake starting this thread but I am updating how I feel with a honest opinion. The game will have a short self life. Somebody or bodies wanted to make a Fortnite clone and ruined this franchise...
  • Cknight1212
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm a battlefield veteran. I go back to the days when I was one of the MAJOR fans telling anybody who would listen that the battlefield series is the real deal and the cod series is trash. I've played battlefield bad company 2, bad company 2 vietnam, 1942, bf3, bf4, hardline, bf1 and now bfv. In. my opinion I say that bfv might be the best of the bunch. This one feels more like real war than every game in the series, the closest other one being bad company 2.

The high points that I have found soo far are the map designs. You don't feel claustrophopic like you do in bf1 where everything seems like a straight line in all game modes. The gameplay. I initally didn't like the fortnite like revive system but I'm starting to like how any team member can revive a team mate. Cover. In real war you are not gonna run around cops and robbers style out in the open unless its a full company charge. Bf5 nails the fact that you gotta use cover. If you wanna run around cops and robbers style then cod is the game for you. The look and sound of the game is jus gorgeous. I didn't think they could top bf1 as far as look and sound but they have. The destruction also is the best yet.

Its too early for me to give solid feedback on weapons but I'm thinking this might be the best yet in that area also. I do love how you can salvage ammo from the enemy and find ammo just randomly laying around. It brings more realism in that regard also. You start with a low supply but can get more ammo. Its more real than any other battlefield in that regard.

Again, I think this will shape up to be the best one yet.

You're entitled to your opinion for sure, but I respectfully disagree. Bad company 2 is and will always be the best battlefield. So many great vehicles, weapons, and maps. The maps especially were the best part. Plus the destruction of the maps were still better than anything they've done since.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is the best battlefield yet. Just a great game. It feels more like real battle than any battlefield game before...

Uh no that's just your opinion, not a fact.
  • Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    LOL

This and BF1 are the worst crap dressed in BF clothes.

Remaster BF4 anytime and it just stomps this simpleton cousin...

edit: this thread actually sums up nicely how this will go - 2 weeks gone and game shows how shallow and empty it is (just like BF1)!
  • irishwarriormoor
    I'm a battlefield veteran. I go back to the days when I was one of the MAJOR fans telling anybody who would listen that the battlefield series is the real deal and the cod series is trash. I've played battlefield bad company 2, bad company 2 vietnam, 1942, bf3, bf4, hardline, bf1 and now bfv. In. my opinion I say that bfv might be the best of the bunch. This one feels more like real war than every game in the series, the closest other one being bad company 2.

The high points that I have found soo far are the map designs. You don't feel claustrophopic like you do in bf1 where everything seems like a straight line in all game modes. The gameplay. I initally didn't like the fortnite like revive system but I'm starting to like how any team member can revive a team mate. Cover. In real war you are not gonna run around cops and robbers style out in the open unless its a full company charge. Bf5 nails the fact that you gotta use cover. If you wanna run around cops and robbers style then cod is the game for you. The look and sound of the game is jus gorgeous. I didn't think they could top bf1 as far as look and sound but they have. The destruction also is the best yet.

Its too early for me to give solid feedback on weapons but I'm thinking this might be the best yet in that area also. I do love how you can salvage ammo from the enemy and find ammo just randomly laying around. It brings more realism in that regard also. You start with a low supply but can get more ammo. Its more real than any other battlefield in that regard.

Again, I think this will shape up to be the best one yet.

You're entitled to your opinion for sure, but I respectfully disagree. Bad company 2 is and will always be the best battlefield. So many great vehicles, weapons, and maps. The maps especially were the best part. Plus the destruction of the maps were still better than anything they've done since.

You didn't read my updated opinion...
  • irishwarriormoor
    This is the best battlefield yet. Just a great game. It feels more like real battle than any battlefield game before...

You didn't read my update either...
  • irishwarriormoor
    LOL

edit: this thread actually sums up nicely how this will go - 2 weeks gone and game shows how shallow and empty it is (just like BF1)!

You didn't read my update either. I think the game is bad now. The best battlefields to me are Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3. Battlefield 4 is ok...
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

You didn't read my update either...

Alright maybe I was a bit harsh before, but it's good that you've seen the light for what this game really is a disappointment.
    Post edited by TropicPoison on
  • MadRussian13
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I totally agree with the OP, this has without doubt been the most immersive and realistic bf game to date. It’s probably been the best launch to date, since all others have launched a total mess. If they fix it, it’ll blow any shooter game away. That being said there are still problems.

LMG’s are too good and still kill too fast from range. It’s a joke how fast I can drop someone. When you can out hip fire an smg, that’s a huge problem. Hip fire needs a tap and aim down sight time should be lowered, maybe bullet velocity dragged down. You also should NOT be able to bipod behind a redline. People are gonna say it’s the way the class is meant to be played but most attacks in Operations are uphill or thru open sight lines and it’s just fish in a barrel

Sniping is borderline ridiculous. It’s as easy as BF1, and that’s not a good thing. The game needs to go back to BF3 sniping. Scope glint should be on ALL 3x scopes. The class is ruining Operations, the majority of sectors turn into a slow sniper battle where a few groups push the rest sit in the back getting useless kills. The only solutions at this point are making the class a field pickup where you get like 12 rounds spread a few spots on the map or have just that class limited to like 6. If this seems unreasonable you simply don’t PTFO. 90% of snipers are stat hounds who aren’t even aware the letter they’re guarding is being taken.

The bomber needs a total nerf. Guys going 120-2 in a plane shouldn’t be the norm. You love flying? Great, engage other planes. Carpet bombing when there is a single letter available is just stupid. One run can net 8-10 kills and unless you want to get off the ground and fly the AA guns just don’t cut it. You can full volley a bomber and do like 32 damage. They just fly away repair in an instant, turn around and destroy the AA then go back to bombing. They have a place in conquest but not any other game mode

The assault class is too OP. Counter sniping, laser accuracy, ability to engage multiple enemies and demolishing vehicles in one class is over the top. DMR’s should not be rapid fire snipers. I love the class but it’s just too good right now. When you have a lot of players running it on maps with no vehicles they should know there’s an issue

The medic class just isn’t good. The only people who think it is are on PC. I know there are a few who can dominate using smg’s on console but for the most part recoil after 3-4 bullets is off the charts. The PC players don’t have the issues console players do, so their get good posts just make them sound like idiots. Added velocity, 5 meters range buff is a band aid. Upping the damage in cq, faster fire rates and a little lower recoil might help. Except for two weapons you have no chance against certain guns in close quarters

They lowered the damage a rocket does on tanks? Are you kidding Dice? Now you have to sneak up on a tank to get a back shot. Sure they upped the lower end damage but how many times do you have an ammo station handy in those moments. STOP catering to whining vehicle nubs. You want to rack up kills there should be a down side. I can sit in a tank, just off a letter and almost clear it without being in harms way so my squad can roll in and take it. Just screwing around 3 of us had tanks and we made it so the other team just gave us the first sector because they either refused to stop sniping or tired of dying trying to get all of us. And now rockets do less damage. Tanks shouldn’t be able to just roll up to a letter and there be little chance you get blown up. There needs to be a risk

The bomb being fixed is a huge help. It made some games just a quit because there was no way to win.

This game has so much potential if it were just balanced correctly. If you watched the devs on YouTube I swear these guys do NOT play the game and have no clue about the basic problems in it. One of them didn’t even realize you can resupply a tank from a station. The Swedish developers have the right intentions they just cannot execute the changes to make it a great game. BF4 sucked until Dice LA got ahold of it and fixed it. The Euro guys just make more mistakes and each fix creates more problems than it solves. They wait too long to fix issues. They screwed up Battlefront so bad the game was abandoned. I’ve got high hopes but after this patch I’m pretty dissatisfied with their effort. Stop catering to COD and Fortnite players

• Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    LOL

You didn't read my update either. I think the game is bad now. The best battlefields to me are Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3. Battlefield 4 is ok...

I did, that´s why I edited my post!
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am really enjoying it.

The gunplay and combat is far more fluid and balanced than BF1 ever was.

I am not great at these games, but at least I seem to stand a chance of getting a fair kill in BFV.

In BF1 I got rinsed by the other player in pretty much every 1 on 1 scenario.
  • fbang
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    For anyone who cares, here's my PERSONAL ranking of the battlefield games. It's my favorite serie of all time, and I have not disliked any of them. They were all somewhat similar and different and in each instance, it took a couple of weeks to get used to it and love it. I have not played 1942 nor Vietnam.

From BEST to WORST (I'm including the latest Battlefront games in the ranking)

- Battlefield 2
    - Bad Company 2
    - Bad Company 1
    - Battlefield V (yes, you read that right)
    - Battlefield 3
    - Battlefield 4 (gameplay is good, but I find the map selection really poor)
    - Battlefield 1 (satisfying gameplay but too much grenades and gas really annoyed the hell out of me)
    - Battlefront 1
    - Battlefront 2 (for some reason, it's the only game I truly hate. But maybe because I suck at it)
    - Hardline
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    best to worst

bc2-bf1-vietnam-3-1942-4-hardline-V

• fbang
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Forgot Hardline. It's definitly the worst.
  • AkamaNelson
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV indeed is a top 5:
    - 5x more bugs
    - 5x more glitches
    - 5x more hackers
    - 5x more ways to get stuck to the invisible
    - 5x ea giving sh$#% to the community
  • biggien79
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is funny to read as it goes along from beginning to end.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fbang wrote: »
    For anyone who cares, here's my PERSONAL ranking of the battlefield games. It's my favorite serie of all time, and I have not disliked any of them. They were all somewhat similar and different and in each instance, it took a couple of weeks to get used to it and love it. I have not played 1942 nor Vietnam.

From BEST to WORST (I'm including the latest Battlefront games in the ranking)

- Battlefield 2
    - Bad Company 2
    - Bad Company 1
    - Battlefield V (yes, you read that right)
    - Battlefield 3
    - Battlefield 4 (gameplay is good, but I find the map selection really poor)
    - Battlefield 1 (satisfying gameplay but too much grenades and gas really annoyed the hell out of me)
    - Battlefront 1
    - Battlefront 2 (for some reason, it's the only game I truly hate. But maybe because I suck at it)
    - Hardline

Battlefront is not part of this serie ;)