Panzerfaust got buffed! This is a joke

Comments

• Kongo030
    566 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    btw The JU-88 lost one moab - the only one I never dropped as the reload took longer then going through a rearm point. :)
  • MarxistDictator
    4719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aren't the rearm zones for aircraft being moved further away?
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    "The previous damage model relied heavily on the angle of attack, which played against infantry since infantry rarely can pick their angle of attack against tanks"

Do they play the game, it is crazy how easy it is to pick where to shoot at a tank, turret cannot keep up lol and even if they do shoot you it won't kill you because of rubbish splash damage..
  • SirBobdk
    3644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    DABAN-88 wrote: »
    After this it got to a point when i really laugh, i don't care anymore it is what it is. they fu*ed up so hard there is no coming back this is not like bf4 it is not just TTD, bugs and net code, this game is designed for call of duty players. i am to old for this fast trash game, i hope they will make it right in the next BF.
    Have to agree. The map design and size of most of the maps are made for infantry play and not vehicle play making it feel more like COD UO/2/WAW than BF.
    The majority of the playerbase have only played the last few BF and therefor can't see the transaction BF have been going through since BF1942. Small/medium size maps with lots of action around 1-2 flags or running in circles capping flags seems to be the new thing in BF, something that can be fun, but not when the whole game is based on the same concept. BF1 also had the same concept but it has become worse in BFV. This game serious need some maps more like what BF used to be.
  • Kongo030
    At least it explains my below average spm. I'm tired of ring around the Rosie gameplay which earns you a lot of XP. Providing a smoke screen as a medic on breakthrough earns zero XP but allows the team to advance to an objective.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    Complete patch notes are out:

———
    Panzerfausts are now designed to be simple ranged damage against tanks, and have been adjusted to have less spikey damage. The previous damage model relied heavily on the angle of attack, which played against infantry since infantry rarely can pick their angle of attack against tanks. Poor hits could gravely punish the shooter with as low as just 5 damage for a hit. The new model has reduced the maximum damage output of the projectile, especially against the rear of tanks, however it now guarantees far better damage for poor hits, around 2-3x more damage. For example, the previous poor hit that would give just 5 damage will now give 15 damage. In addition, Panzerfausts are now extremely potent against the parts of the tank, meaning that they will more easily disable turrets, tracks, and engines and give the attacking infantry a boost in fighting the vehicle. Note that a part disable is not guaranteed with a hit.
    Overall, the maximum damage of the Panzerfaust is going to drop. In all normal cases
    the Panzerfaust will take more hits to kill all tanks, making tanks more survivable.
    We've dropped the damage from nearly 50 to the side of a medium tank to around 25.
    From the rear you used to be able to 2 shot the tank, now it's at least 3 hits.

Reworked the Panzerfaust to be less effective on rear shots on vehicles. Armor angle on vehicles now matter less, and the Panzerfaust now deals a more consistent amount of damage to vehicles. Panzerfausts also deal more systemic part damage, allowing them to be used more tactically, taking out engines, tracks and turrets, etc.
    ———

And few fixes on emergency repair and systemic damage.

I see some hope.

So DICE is now rewarding players which don't even use their brains and attack the tank from bad angles while at the same time punishing players that try to outsmart tankers. Why in the world? Now you don't need to try anymore, just perform a bad angled shot for 15 dmg instead of exposing yourself to get a side hit for 25 dmg... And making it easier to disable parts is also an awesome idea, cause disables often mean death. I hope they at least give tanks more than 1 combat repair to counter that.
  • DukeSan27
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    Complete patch notes are out:

———
    Panzerfausts are now designed to be simple ranged damage against tanks, and have been adjusted to have less spikey damage. The previous damage model relied heavily on the angle of attack, which played against infantry since infantry rarely can pick their angle of attack against tanks. Poor hits could gravely punish the shooter with as low as just 5 damage for a hit. The new model has reduced the maximum damage output of the projectile, especially against the rear of tanks, however it now guarantees far better damage for poor hits, around 2-3x more damage. For example, the previous poor hit that would give just 5 damage will now give 15 damage. In addition, Panzerfausts are now extremely potent against the parts of the tank, meaning that they will more easily disable turrets, tracks, and engines and give the attacking infantry a boost in fighting the vehicle. Note that a part disable is not guaranteed with a hit.
    Overall, the maximum damage of the Panzerfaust is going to drop. In all normal cases
    the Panzerfaust will take more hits to kill all tanks, making tanks more survivable.
    We've dropped the damage from nearly 50 to the side of a medium tank to around 25.
    From the rear you used to be able to 2 shot the tank, now it's at least 3 hits.

Reworked the Panzerfaust to be less effective on rear shots on vehicles. Armor angle on vehicles now matter less, and the Panzerfaust now deals a more consistent amount of damage to vehicles. Panzerfausts also deal more systemic part damage, allowing them to be used more tactically, taking out engines, tracks and turrets, etc.
    ———

And few fixes on emergency repair and systemic damage.

I see some hope.

So DICE is now rewarding players which don't even use their brains and attack the tank from bad angles while at the same time punishing players that try to outsmart tankers. Why in the world? Now you don't need to try anymore, just perform a bad angled shot for 15 dmg instead of exposing yourself to get a side hit for 25 dmg... And making it easier to disable parts is also an awesome idea, cause disables often mean death. I hope they at least give tanks more than 1 combat repair to counter that.

True, but overall, max damage seems to be down by 50%, needing more rockets to finish. Which will give us more time to react.

The systemic damage is at its worst even before this, so I am not sure what they mean that rocket is more potent now in causing systemic damage. I mean I get systemic damage 90% of the time already. Lets see, maybe its a delayed patch note entry.

I agree with the repair slot, we need at least 3, to prevent frequent supply depot runs.
  • Red1Warning
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    "Overall, the maximum damage of the Panzerfaust is going to drop. In all normal cases the Panzerfaust will take more hits to kill all tanks, making tanks more survivable. We've dropped the damage from nearly 50 to the side of a medium tank to around 25. From the rear you used to be able to 2 shot the tank, now it's at least 3 hits."

You know DICE you could have mentioned this in the stream as well...

They actually did but people don't seem to care.
  • Ameeba37
    1751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Overall, the maximum damage of the Panzerfaust is going to drop. In all normal cases the Panzerfaust will take more hits to kill all tanks, making tanks more survivable. We've dropped the damage from nearly 50 to the side of a medium tank to around 25. From the rear you used to be able to 2 shot the tank, now it's at least 3 hits."

And at which point of the stream did this happen?
  • Red1Warning
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

And at which point of the stream did this happen?

I don't know the exact point in time but they clearly stated that the max range of the damage had been nerfed.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Sounds more like a nerf than a buff.

So what was everyone complaining about again?
    The fact that assaults will not have to think about angles as much while they can carry up to 3 of these things without accounting their other explosives and that they are are at least a third of the enemy team.

They still have to think. Max 15 damage from a bad angle still wont get you close to destroying a tank.
  • DukeSan27
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After a couple of games, you can't take out a Light Tank with 3 rockets (assuming quick repair was available). The important point being that 3 gives you a chance to do a quick repair, even if two assaults fire on you together.

This should give any YOLO assault a moment of pause before firing his rockets...
  • Panzerkeks85
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think we need to wait to get some actual gameplay experience. Overall it seems they made the Panzerfaust easier to use but nerfed some the damage, especially for rear attacks which I think is a good thing. The tanks need some love however in the next patch...
  • V4LI4NT
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of blowing up the hole tank with one rocket or like reducing the all over health of the tank, you now will damage/destroy parts in the tank. Like engine, turret, tracks and so on. I guess. :smile:
  • disposalist
    8299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    V4LI4NT wrote: »
    Instead of blowing up the hole tank with one rocket or like reducing the all over health of the tank, you now will damage/destroy parts in the tank. Like engine, turret, tracks and so on. I guess. :smile:
    Yeah. Unfortunately the turrest are already so restricted and the movement so tricky, that pretty much any disablement = tank dead.
  • Kongo030
    Was just curious and checked battlefield tracker. It might just be broken but for ps4 says with 333 kills I'm Top 8%. So not a lot of people playing tanks or killing people with it.
  • Ameeba37
    1751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    Was just curious and checked battlefield tracker. It might just be broken but for ps4 says with 333 kills I'm Top 8%. So not a lot of people playing tanks or killing people with it.

You'd be suprised how many players completely ignore the vehicles
  • SirBobdk
    3644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    Can't get battlefield tracker to show any stats for BVF.
  • sunYYYY87
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Panzerfausts are now designed to be simple ranged damage against tanks, and have
    been adjusted to have less spikey damage. The previous damage model relied heavily
    on the angle of attack, which played against infantry since infantry rarely can pick their
    angle of attack against tanks. Poor hits could gravely punish the shooter with as low
    as just 5 damage for a hit. The new model has reduced the maximum damage output
    of the projectile, especially against the rear of tanks, however it now guarantees far
    better damage for poor hits, around 2-3x more damage. For example, the previous
    poor hit that would give just 5 damage will now give 15 damage. In addition,
    Panzerfausts are now extremely potent against the parts of the tank, meaning that
    they will more easily disable turrets, tracks, and engines and give the attacking infantry
    a boost in fighting the vehicle. Note that a part disable is not guaranteed with a hit.
    From the rear you used to be able to 2 shot the tank, now it's at least 3 hits."

This is what the patchnotes say. Overall it's a nerf, the only beneficial is that the angle doesnt matter so much like it did before.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sunYYYY87 wrote: »
    "Panzerfausts are now designed to be simple ranged damage against tanks, and have
    been adjusted to have less spikey damage. The previous damage model relied heavily
    on the angle of attack, which played against infantry since infantry rarely can pick their
    angle of attack against tanks. Poor hits could gravely punish the shooter with as low
    as just 5 damage for a hit. The new model has reduced the maximum damage output
    of the projectile, especially against the rear of tanks, however it now guarantees far
    better damage for poor hits, around 2-3x more damage. For example, the previous
    poor hit that would give just 5 damage will now give 15 damage. In addition,
    Panzerfausts are now extremely potent against the parts of the tank, meaning that
    they will more easily disable turrets, tracks, and engines and give the attacking infantry
    a boost in fighting the vehicle. Note that a part disable is not guaranteed with a hit.
    From the rear you used to be able to 2 shot the tank, now it's at least 3 hits."

This is what the patchnotes say. Overall it's a nerf, the only beneficial is that the angle doesnt matter so much like it did before.

It's hard to say whether it's a buff or nerf at the moment, on the update official stream DICE referred to it explicitly as a buff multiple times, however their core gameplay designer referred to it as a rebalance, both a buff and a nerf, which is probably more accurate.