Things making me upset about Battlefield V

2»

Comments

• Dark_Knight_816
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To me it honestly feels like BFV has tried really hard to become like Call of Duty. The SMG on the medic class is severely underpowered. Not to mention it makes no since that medics can’t use rifles.
  • Austacker
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1. People killing in less than a second. I'm talking about no time to react just dead and come to find out it's some guy all the way across the map with a sten!!!! seriously!!!!!!

I absolutely LOVE the shortened TTK in this release! This isn't Halo, there should be consequences for not being aware of your environment and blindly rushing the objective. IMHO this isn't a 'problem' with the game but rather the playerbase refusing to adapt.

2. I shoot someone with super great accuracy, only for them to do a full 360 and pistol me. I mean I have an STG 44 and shot a full magazine into them but they win. How?!!!!!

The Suppression mechanic has been nerfed to a point where it's now utterly worthless. If you open up on an enemy first, they will be able to turn and shoot you without hindrance (other than a minor graphical impact).

3. Take away the auto aim from the sniper class, might as well call it aimbot. Plus it's extremely hard to aim at a target who is far out and just as your about to shoot another enemy moves past your scope and auto aim starts following that guy instead of your original target. And before people tell me to turn the auto aim off. Its hard playing on pub server with everyone else having it on.

I personally don't have an issue with aim assist. It's been present on console FPS gaming as far back as I can remember. Just need to adjust your playstyle and keep your head down.

4. Getting kill through smoke. I move and move and somehow the aim is on point. Almost like there being lead by an invisible force.

Some will be random spam, but there's a perk the Machine gunners in the Support class can get which will spot suppressed enemies (even through smoke). So be aware, Smoke isn't automatically going to give you the freedom to bum rush an objecitve!

5. The other things have been mentioned in other post dealing with the menus.

Agreed, the menus are awkward. But since learning them, they're not that impactful.

I think these gripes are a mixture of not understanding the mechanics of the new game completely and frustration at old playstyles not being applicable here anymore.

I personally love the changes, they slow the game down and make it more tactical.
  • temhotabot
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    temhotabot wrote: »
    At this very moment I'm on hamada where I was crouched on a crate next to a wall, got shot, teammate tried to revive me and I fell under the map and wouldn't die, couldn't move, had to wait 7 minutes till end of match....

Did you know there is a redeploy button. It's in every battlefield game. You just press pause and it's there on your screen. Also I feel like you could of left the game but I completely understand if you wanted to stay to see if you could somehow get out of it another way

Yeah, I found the redeploy button a day later. Good to know for next time. I was with a squad of friends and didn't want to go through the hassle of having to rejoin afterwards. For some reason it takes way too long to back out of a match and then get one up again.
  • SirRod1670
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirRod1670 wrote: »
    So far the only thing bothering me is the AI is too strong. The AI bots know exactly where you are and there attack are too accurate. Not realistic at all. I have played much of the BF games over the years and love them but the AI needs to be dummed down. Playing on X Box one x, previousl played on PC's AI always has the advantage.
    I always play the campane first to become proficent with the controls, now Im learning on the X Box...8D

I played the game on the 15th on hardcore first and beat it barely dying. It's too easy and too short. Still waiting for a lot of fixes before hoping online.

Jeezzz If your that accomplished at BFV I guess I will never have a chance n just send this game back and get my overpaid money back..thanks for the heads up...guess im a LOOSER. Ive been playing video games since 1995. Yep I suck...thanks....oh Ive been playing Paintball for 35 years as well....8D
  • JAYNECOBB316
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Austacker wrote: »
    1. People killing in less than a second. I'm talking about no time to react just dead and come to find out it's some guy all the way across the map with a sten!!!! seriously!!!!!!

I absolutely LOVE the shortened TTK in this release! This isn't Halo, there should be consequences for not being aware of your environment and blindly rushing the objective. IMHO this isn't a 'problem' with the game but rather the playerbase refusing to adapt.

I don't think this is players refusing to adapt. I'm not a superstar player, but I had a higher than 1.0 K/D in BF3, BF4 and BF1 (ranging from 1.1 to 1.3). I've been through several iterations of this game. But something is messed up in the netcode on this game. I consistently put 74-96 damage on enemies only to suddenly take fire and die immediately before finishing off the person I've already been firing at. There is no time to react. Once I become aware that I'm under fire I'm already dead. I'm seeing lots of people compiling evidence to support that the game is sending through packets of damage all at once instead of as they arrive, so instead of having time to react when getting hit by the first bullet you instead take damage from 3-4 shots all at once. The TTK does not seem to match the TTD.

When I enter areas I do a quick scan of the room/field in front of me to verify there are no enemies. Then I take a step and get shot by three people who've suddenly appeared 15 meters in front of me. I'm talking broad daylight, open field. Nobody was there until I move and suddenly I'm under fire. It's almost like the game isn't rendering the enemies in real-time and only does it once they start shooting (and more frequently after I'm already down).

I'm also finding this weird quirk where I have four or five teammates in a room/area in front of me that are actively engaging an enemy. Yet the second I stick my head through a door or round a corner I'm down immediately. No notification that I'm under fire. It's like I've been headshot by a sniper for a one-shot kill but the kill feed shows I was taken down by an assault player at 100+ meters using a Sturmgewehr. There is simply no way that I'm dying to that weapon the split second that I round a corner with full health.
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    unduescoob wrote: »
    Totally agree with these comments. But I really enjoyed BF1 because it was different to COD with a touch more realism (if that's possible) but I find BFV a big step back, especially the weapons. I've not used aim assist or at least don't know how it works but I find I'm only using the recon class so I can level up and unlock weapons. IMO The recon weapons are nowhere near as good as the medic, Assault or Support weapons and pointless unless you score a headshot. SMG's should be almost uncontrollable on auto, certainly you should be lucky to get more than two (low velocity, small calibre) rounds into a target at 30m on auto! I get picked off easily with one (first) shot from a Sten at 100m when my recon gun with its large calibre round travelling at super high velocity gets a solid chest shot and has no real impact except to allow the SMG to immediately see me, turn and slot me in the head, first shot.

Also I think its really annoying to spawn, move a couple of feet and get insta killed from some unknown, unseen assailant, I really liked the BF1 mechanic of highlighting your killer, really good for understanding and learning how to get better.

I know I'm a bit S**t at both BF1 and BFV but at least I could have fun on BF1. I'll stick with it for a while because I paid for the pointless Deluxe version, least I learnt something with BFV, don't pre-order or buy the deluxe version.

You really encapsulated many of my concerns about BFV. Well said.

I've decided to give it a despite some major rage inducing moments. I've had a small learning curve with all the BF games, but normally get pretty good. But this is harsh, think my k/d is .4 overall, and only averaging about 4k per round. That's from a BF1 where I had a 2.4 k/d and 9k average.

It's basically hardcore mode forced on us, which is why a lot of long time BF fans love it. HC was good in of itself, but a mixed mode game doesn't work....at least not for me.

Dying is harsh in this game. It's mostly sudden, immediate, and brutal. There's little time to process who killed you, with what, or even from what direction. There's no singing angels or trumpets, just a grey wall of death.
  • SirTenko
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    1. People killing in less than a second.
    2. I shoot someone with super great accuracy, only for them to do a full 360 and pistol me. I mean I have an STG 44 and shot a full magazine into them but they win. How?!!!!!
    3. Take away the auto aim from the sniper class, might as well call it aimbot. <INSERTCOUNTERDICTION> Plus it's extremely hard to aim at a target who is far out and just as your about to shoot another enemy moves past your scope and auto aim starts following that guy instead of your original target.
    4. Getting kill through smoke. I move and move and somehow the aim is on point. Almost like there being lead by an invisible force.
    5. The other things have been mentioned in other post dealing with the menus.
    1. Would you rather everyone have overshields?

2. You shot,You missed,You died. Bringing someone to 99hp, annoying but thats your fault. dont miss.They didnt on you.

3. You Said its a aimbot, but then said its broken,useless,annoying and hard to use. Which is it? It cant be both if its Cheap to use.

4. Spotting Scope,Spotting Flares,Aircraft Spotting Camera,Aircraft Spotting Flares,Vehicle Spotting Flares, Sniper Hit spot, Support Suppression spot all spot you through smoke.

5. Menus are troublesome if your rushing. They are slow because of the Background,Only press buttons when you get to that point, Do not mash or push buttons to hurry it up.

1. DICE try to force players into team players but at the same time you get punished by trying to be a team player.

2. DICE want you to play the objectiv, but the maps are a litle bit to big and while running from objective to objective you get shot by campers! So the play style is more on the defensive side.

3. Compared to the other BF games - you hardly see your oponents, (to many different uniforms, clutter and blured graphic, to dark or to bright) you can not hear foot steps, get killed by the first bullet and so on and on.

4. Tanks are a joke! They are the biggest campers in the game - instead of being feared they are scared from the infantry because they gona be shot down with only two granades. How realistic is that DICE?

5. Its a bigger and graphicaly polished version of Call of Duty which I dont want to play.

6. Where is the fun in playing this buged alpha version of BFV anyway - freezing every couple of rounds? Oh sorry... forgot it. Crashed and freezing problems are SOLVED! By whom? Self repairing?
    1. Welcome to a Multi-player TEAM game. This issue is with people not the game. Any game out there has this mentality.
    2. Considering this game is Either, Attack or Defend and most people sneak around the edge of the map to back-cap or spawn camp. Ide imagin people would hang back a little bit to prevent that. Wouldnt you?
    3. Compared to BadCompany1,BadCompany2, BF3,BF4,BFH,BF1 where you mash the spot button and shoot at the red dot or Triangle, They wanted people to have to actually see and shoot their enemy, they talked BIG on this MONTHS ago. I can hear footsteps, Turn the audio "War-Tapes"Setting on and you'll hear them.
    4. I'm going to use your own words here "it is only a game and has not to be realistic - it should be fun to play" If tanks could drive in, and mow down infantry left and right what fun is that for infantry? What fun is having a tank that only counters other tanks? None. So they got perfect middle ground.
    5. Would argue that BF and CoD are both really good looking games in their own regards. I think for CQB CoD looks better, where as Vehical combat BF looks better.
    6. The fun is in the game, bugs happen (thank microsoft for that one actually with the xbox1X) while some are worse than others they arnt a majority, while I dont have the same bug as you, nor ever have I can play happily. and according to lots of people they solved it, so while a patch can fix for most it wont fix for all. after all it might just be a bad install. Things happen when Consoles try to act more like PCs.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GAEMS_Dean wrote: »
    One issue I have been having is it seems impossible to change teams once you get into a game. It’s not the biggest issue but can be annoying if I want to play with friends, join their game, but am placed on the other team. It’s also a hassle for them to leave their game to join my squad so we can make sure we are on the same team. If anyone knows of a fix or maybe I just missed something I would appreciate a heads up. Thanks!

You should get switched to their team (and squad if they have room) after the current match ends.

One of the biggest problems to game balance in BF1 was team-switching.
  • TUSEERAUS
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hardcore mode please dice. That is all i need.
  • mudpig44
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well this is probably the last of the BF games I purchase. Having been playing BF since it released on Xbox 360 with BF2.

The game peaked with BF 4. Bf 1 was almost as good but the franchise has descended now into an unrecoverable spiral dive.

Now with BF V I'm done.
    I was so looking forward to this game. Pre ordered deluxe online so I could play early but lo and behold with all the problems it had I didn't get to play it till release date anyway.
    On top of that the amount of problems with this game is just ridiculous.
    The servers are crap. Mine drops out every third or fourth game and then I'm told in missing online stuff. This requires an xbox reset every time.
    Even the glitches within the game is out of control.
    The game play itself, well where do I start. I'm sure they employed a whole bunch of unemployed COD designers to put this together. Only they told them the maps must remain as large. But no one told them not to put all the objectives so close together to create a COD style of absolute chaos in and around objectives with no chance of using tactics to achieve anything.
    Just disappointed.
    I'll certainly never buy online again as now I can't trade it in.
    So sad that what was once the best first person shooter has descended into a politically correct (Just because someone complained there's no women) obeying free for all.
  • DesmoSkip
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    There is a lot of open questions for me in BFV.

DICE try to force players into team players but at the same time you get punished by trying to be a team player. Like reviving as medic or a teammate. I just see people get shot in the face when reviving. So they hesitate to do that or play medic class, and if they play medic just because of the Sten or MP40.

DICE want you to play the objectiv, but the maps are a litle bit to big and while running from objective to objective you get shot by campers! So the play style is more on the defensive side.

Compared to the other BF games - you hardly see your oponents, (to many different uniforms, clutter and blured graphic, to dark or to bright) you can not hear foot steps, get killed by the first bullet and so on and on.

For me the BF feeling and atmosphere is gone. Its a bigger and graphicaly polished version of Call of Duty which I dont want to play. Q: Where is the fun in playing this buged alpha version of BFV?

I've been getting a lot of games where my team loses at the start but comes back at the end with barely more points than the other team. For me it's intense situations and only in Battlefield moments that make the game. No other fps game right now on Xbox has the beautiful explosions of crashing planes trying to kamikaze dive bomb you and your team while you're simultaneously charging the enemy with your whole team onto one objective.

Other games have a hard mimicking glorious moments like that and Battlefield 5 just nails it on the head.

Its because Dice implemented a "crybaby noobs"mechanic that when your team is winning, the loosing team 5 minutes before the end can take flags twice as fast back and still win the game.
    WTF DICE!!
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mudpig44 wrote: »
    Well this is probably the last of the BF games I purchase. Having been playing BF since it released on Xbox 360 with BF2.

The game peaked with BF 4. Bf 1 was almost as good but the franchise has descended now into an unrecoverable spiral dive.

Now with BF V I'm done.
    I was so looking forward to this game. Pre ordered deluxe online so I could play early but lo and behold with all the problems it had I didn't get to play it till release date anyway.
    On top of that the amount of problems with this game is just ridiculous.
    The servers are crap. Mine drops out every third or fourth game and then I'm told in missing online stuff. This requires an xbox reset every time.
    Even the glitches within the game is out of control.
    The game play itself, well where do I start. I'm sure they employed a whole bunch of unemployed COD designers to put this together. Only they told them the maps must remain as large. But no one told them not to put all the objectives so close together to create a COD style of absolute chaos in and around objectives with no chance of using tactics to achieve anything.
    Just disappointed.
    I'll certainly never buy online again as now I can't trade it in.
    So sad that what was once the best first person shooter has descended into a politically correct (Just because someone complained there's no women) obeying free for all.

Agreed, BF is a dead franchise, DICE is a failing developer, and this is my last purchase following years of playing BF. Good Job , DICE, you suck at the one job you have.
  • Tattoovtwin
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I dont know why they did this, in past Battlefields if my team was getting stomped, thats just how it was! I felt it made me a better player by wanting to do better. Pandering to people’s hurt feelings definitely isn’t the way to improve gameplay.
  • SirusDaVirus81
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone plz give me there serting for bfv on xbox one.. I completely miss shots constantly and its very annoying, i spot someone 1st then i start to shoot he turn around and still kill me... Bow do this guys get it done in a sec????