Rented Servers when?

Comments

• KumanoChinpei
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP is really needed but also its needed some mechanism to let people know about abusive server and how to avoid it.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    RSP is really needed but also its needed some mechanism to let people know about abusive server and how to avoid it.

EA could do this, if it wanted. But instead, EA appears ready to enable cheaters and crybabies instead.
  • PrecisionWing
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Simple answer, NEVER.
    After over 2 years of BETA in bf1, I already gave up
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Why would you not want another option? It's not like you're forced to go into a rented server....that type of logic baffles me.

Indeed, I do not understand that either. RSP is needed and it's an VALID option for official servers, does not prevent people who wants to play in Officials playing there.
  • ragnarok013
    3062 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    As a server admin for FridayNightBattlefield I see the value in RSP and am eagerly awaiting the RSP implementation. That being said sadly there's been no update on RSP deployment from DICE at this time.
  • TwinGunsLLP
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    As a server admin for FridayNightBattlefield I see the value in RSP and am eagerly awaiting the RSP implementation. That being said sadly there's been no update on RSP deployment from DICE at this time.

RIP BFV. What a shame.
  • gamma_greeen
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully NEVER. You want to go back to the days of getting kicked/banned from servers for playing too good? Yeah no thanks. People can't handle the responsibility of being an admin unfortunately. There should be one reason and one reason only to kick/ban someone: hacking. And by "hacking" I mean SOLID PROOF someone is hacking. And someone being better than you is not hacking, sorry.

in BF4,I enjoyed playing KD<1 server. composed of noobs but funny.
    DICE has no ability to manage fair playing depending on player's SKILL.
    so we need. it is small things what you said.
  • v0R_
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello! Long time BF Player. And we really want our own place to meet and play together, I KNOW alot of your community thinks the same!
    We are a growing community with alot of great players, but nowhere to meet as we gather around our campfire! The "SquadPlay" They promised was gonna be so good is not here yet... They even removed one Squad slot, now we have 4/4. Witch means for me alot less focus on playing together! And not even talking about the system they have now to join your friend if they have a full squad, pretty unessesary to ask for the server ID when they are in full combat.
    I just wish you all can help us out here in this post!
    Contact "Hexfurion" and help us gather more people in one place so we can get more attention for this Request!

dice_eng.png
  • Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    still no news ? damn

R.I.P. BF5

without RSP, death is immanent
  • PrecisionWing
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SRP was in BETA since bf1 launched in late 2016, and was still in BETA before I quit bf1 in spring 2018, so get the point?
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Staazvaind wrote: »
    still no news ? damn

R.I.P. BF5

without RSP, death is immanent

I believe this is EA’s intent.

By disallowing adminned servers, cheaters, racists, and obnoxious players will ruin the game for most players, thereby shortening the lifespan of BF V.

EA seems to think that rental servers will ruin sales of the next installment, although I believe that legacy rental servers help to continue the sales of older titles.

• Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Everybody and I mean everybody needs to stop buying Battlefield games before they are six months old. What's next, only one kit in the new game, with the rest 'promised soon' or some ridiculous cash in garbage like that?
    We need songs and cartoons and memes and all kinds of things expressing 'Never buy a Battlefield game before it is six months old.'
    We are a while off now but I am sure not going to forget the insults and lack of content for my $120.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wessmyre wrote: »
    Wait... they are doing away with rented servers in BFV? I might just buy it then! Keep me posted.

When were rented server ever a problem? Just don't go on them, stick to official servers. By your blatant trolling I can see why you were banned from private servers.
  • Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wessmyre wrote: »
    Wait... they are doing away with rented servers in BFV? I might just buy it then! Keep me posted.

When were rented server ever a problem? Just don't go on them, stick to official servers. By your blatant trolling I can see why you were banned from private servers.

dont feed the troll ;D
  • PlatterKotten
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RSP is a must for players who plays comp. Need to have private servers and setup matches. I would like to have rented servers for own map rotations too, some maps really sux.
  • ghost_soul167
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Use logic. RSP will only come when they've decided they can't make any more money off the game. Having large concurrent user's and monthly active users on their servers looks good for the investors and encourages you to spend cash on MTX's. Why would they want you on servers where they can't control the experience to essentially force you to buy something? Why would they want you on servers which might decide to deactivate custom skins, again disincentivizing MTXs?
  • Staazvaind
    Use logic. RSP will only come when they've decided they can't make any more money off the game. Having large concurrent user's and monthly active users on their servers looks good for the investors and encourages you to spend cash on MTX's. Why would they want you on servers where they can't control the experience to essentially force you to buy something? Why would they want you on servers which might decide to deactivate custom skins, again disincentivizing MTXs?

well, besides doubting that they would offer this as a setting i m pretty sure its in their hands not to allow this serverside setting anyway.
    this doesnt explain at all why there are no servers for rent.

its even contradictionary as communities are a reason for MORE playing and MORE potential mtx.