Panzerfaust got buffed! This is a joke

15678911»

Comments

• GENERALONGDONG
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Screenshot_20181205-131759.png

Just a reminder this is what you guys are complaining about

on the stream they explictily called it a buff multiple times, and didn't say the paragraph you quoted.

PLUS, they said it was buffed.
  • Agent_Talon
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

on the stream they explictily called it a buff multiple times, and didn't say the paragraph you quoted.

This is why developers shouldn't do actual streams for unreleased stuff. They are good at making games and doing the code work but that doesn't mean they know PR or customer communications.
  • DukeSan27
    1088 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    sunYYYY87 wrote: »
    "Panzerfausts are now designed to be simple ranged damage against tanks, and have
    been adjusted to have less spikey damage. The previous damage model relied heavily
    on the angle of attack, which played against infantry since infantry rarely can pick their
    angle of attack against tanks. Poor hits could gravely punish the shooter with as low
    as just 5 damage for a hit. The new model has reduced the maximum damage output
    of the projectile, especially against the rear of tanks, however it now guarantees far
    better damage for poor hits, around 2-3x more damage. For example, the previous
    poor hit that would give just 5 damage will now give 15 damage. In addition,
    Panzerfausts are now extremely potent against the parts of the tank, meaning that
    they will more easily disable turrets, tracks, and engines and give the attacking infantry
    a boost in fighting the vehicle. Note that a part disable is not guaranteed with a hit.
    Overall, the maximum damage of the Panzerfaust is going to drop. In all normal cases
    the Panzerfaust will take more hits to kill all tanks, making tanks more survivable.
    We've dropped the damage from nearly 50 to the side of a medium tank to around 25.
    From the rear you used to be able to 2 shot the tank, now it's at least 3 hits."

This is what the patchnotes say. Overall it's a nerf, the only beneficial is that the angle doesnt matter so much like it did before.

It's hard to say whether it's a buff or nerf at the moment, on the update official stream DICE referred to it explicitly as a buff multiple times, however their core gameplay designer referred to it as a rebalance, both a buff and a nerf, which is probably more accurate.

It appears to be a significant nerf, at least from my 3-4 games with a Light Tank. Looks like Beta level, maybe slightly more damage. Systemic damage is unchanged in frequency.

• BCC-GK1llA913
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I blame the big BF Youtubers for promoting CoD style run & gun gameplay in Battflefield. Barely do they ever mention the issues vehicles have. Lvlcap and JackFrags are two main ones.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This is why developers shouldn't do actual streams for unreleased stuff. They are good at making games and doing the code work but that doesn't mean they know PR or customer communications.

It was the community manager who said that they buffed it.

The problem was that they read the changes directly from the patch notes up until this point which was left out.

"Overall, the maximum damage of the Panzerfaust is going to drop. In all normal cases the Panzerfaust will take more hits to kill all tanks, making tanks more survivable. We've dropped the damage from nearly 50 to the side of a medium tank to around 25.From the rear you used to be able to 2 shot the tank, now it's at least 3 hits."

• DigitalHype
    672 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Unskilled assault players will end up doing more damage, on average. So if there are 2 agressive (but sloppy) assault players attacking armor, they will probably end up better off than before. Because, they are less likely to concern themselves with angle of attack. Thus benefit from the 2-5x increase in bad angle hits and be more likely to disable a component.
    -
    Whereas a skilled solo Assault player will end up doing less overall damage, as they typicaly know how to work the angles and attack the tank from the rear, where max damage output was reduced.
    -
    Solo assault will no longer be able to destroy the tank with 3 Panzerfaust hits. But, they still carry AT grenades or dyno, and can finish them off. It will just be more difficult to do it at range, solo.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I blame the big BF Youtubers for promoting CoD style run & gun gameplay in Battflefield. Barely do they ever mention the issues vehicles have. Lvlcap and JackFrags are two main ones.

God i dont like them. They are the kind of Youtubers that in my opinion take out the fun of Videogames by turning them to some kind of science where the fire rate of a gun is compared to X and Y bla bla bla.
    All about competition instead of: Hey lets have fun and i show you some of that.
    And before someone gets offended: Thats just my personal Opinion solely for me. I dont judge anyone who likes them.
  • Agent_Talon
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Ameeba37 wrote: »

It was the community manager who said that they buffed it.

The problem was that they read the changes directly from the patch notes up until this point which was left out.

"Overall, the maximum damage of the Panzerfaust is going to drop. In all normal cases the Panzerfaust will take more hits to kill all tanks, making tanks more survivable. We've dropped the damage from nearly 50 to the side of a medium tank to around 25.From the rear you used to be able to 2 shot the tank, now it's at least 3 hits."

Ahhh good to know, I thought it was all just devs. That almost makes it worse in a way, like know your info in and out before you engage with an already kinda salty community or make it vague. I look at the changes as a nerf for sure but if you watch the stream it's clearly comes across as a buff with no real downside.