Sneak Peek at Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Update

Comments

• Drzator
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Not download yet, but nice for armor map. Add sea map + campinovka, buff granates, add some gadget and we can say we are playing BF again.
  • Spoooookii
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Disappointing patch.. sure some good bug fixes ect however axis AA still stupidly overpowered, the fact aircraft cannot fire forward facing weaponry together is stupid. IRL you could fire cannon + machine guns together. Why not here. Also the new timer on re-arming aircraft is honestly ridiculous. It takes WAY to long, sure if it was like 20/30 seconds that seems reasonable but its a good minute and on most maps that means just flying about the side of the map not doing anything waiting for your bombs to re-stock.
  • Tyl3rTh3Kill3r
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spoooookii wrote: »
    Disappointing patch.. sure some good bug fixes ect however axis AA still stupidly overpowered, the fact aircraft cannot fire forward facing weaponry together is stupid. IRL you could fire cannon + machine guns together. Why not here. Also the new timer on re-arming aircraft is honestly ridiculous. It takes WAY to long, sure if it was like 20/30 seconds that seems reasonable but its a good minute and on most maps that means just flying about the side of the map not doing anything waiting for your bombs to re-stock.

Haven’t played the new update yet but if you have to wait a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ minute to resupply that’s stupid
  • marroos-SVK
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    What is the size of update?
  • JMan42028
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What is the size of update?

10.4 gigs for me in the states
  • lShadovvl
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just ended up having no UI at all, after opening the "Assignments" menu, while awaiting a revive. Had to restart the game.
  • H8mEx13
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This update completely ruined the game for me... flying is utterly pointless now. Nerfing the fighters drastically and making the already extremely OP AA tanks even stronger. Makes a lot of sense. I wish i could get my money back after 60 hours...
  • Tyl3rTh3Kill3r
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    H8mEx13 wrote: »
    This update completely ruined the game for me... flying is utterly pointless now. Nerfing the fighters drastically and making the already extremely OP AA tanks even stronger. Makes a lot of sense. I wish i could get my money back after 60 hours...

I haven’t played the update yet but these posts are scaring me because flying (mostly bombing) is my favorite thing to do in BF5 but it sounds like flying is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • R1VERDAN
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When dos Tides of War Forward unlock?
  • TaichiBanana
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After the patch the game goes straight to the next map with no post match screen. Can't quit can't do anything just wait for the next map to load. No "apply all" button for skins, no normal spawn map still this useless screen where you see squadmates back... i should be used to it now but it still pisses me, DICE "patching" something and for every 5 bugs fixed they add seven more. At fing least indie devs on steam label their games "early acces".
  • marroos-SVK
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Great update, i did not try all classes/ vehicles/ maps, but i already tried my favourite class/ weapon/ game mode and i LOVE all the changes.
  • MaikelMcGiver123
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Assignments are still bugged, spawning during round start sometimes freezes, can't fire a bullet through leaves from a bush, reloading bombs takes ages and with to many fighters in the air this is totally useless. Thank for the new map...
  • R1VERDAN
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After the patch the game goes straight to the next map with no post match screen. Can't quit can't do anything just wait for the next map to load. No "apply all" button for skins, no normal spawn map still this useless screen where you see squadmates back... i should be used to it now but it still pisses me, DICE "patching" something and for every 5 bugs fixed they add seven more. At fing least indie devs on steam label their games "early acces".

The straight to next round thing is very annoying. I would like to see the scoreboard and quit, if I choose to.
  • Zby_PL
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Thank you for the update. Most errors are fixed at least the most serious ones. The request is for the next update:

- still appearing/loading textures,

- the color scheme of the maps seems to have too much contrast, making enemies very difficult to see. In BF1 the colors were more matched which looked more natural. Here it is not and everything blends into one spot. Enemies are very hard to notice, it happens that they pass by and can not see. Snipers hardly detectable,

- Aerodrome map balance not improved,

- still sporadic drops of FPS,

- no option to save your favorite servers as in BF1 has been added. Why?

- occasional FPS drops in the game menu.
    Post edited by Zby_PL on
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "• Made tweaks to the Conquest Soft Catch-up mechanics. The catch-up will now only
    be activated when the losing team is very far behind instead of rounds that are fairly
    close. We think that this will make matches more fair in general, while at the same
    time making the matches a bit more exciting if the skill gap between the teams is too
    big."

Praise the almighty, easy the most infuriating part of the game.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Still got EoR bug if i am in a full squad...

Edit: Still got endless EoR 80% of the time!!!

Yo DICE i think it is Account related since one of my friends can play proper at my House...
    Post edited by Ypsilon-Oh on
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I seem to be experiencing even more freezes than before
  • xLOVEANDZOMBIES
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Read through all the fixes in the 16 page pdf... Looks like no fix to the hilarious 'floating bell' on Arras. Also, and more annoyingly no fix to snipers with bayonets where periodically after firing a shot - the weapon automatically switches to a melee (usually a knife) and stabs for no reason - causing you to have to switch back to your rifle, reload and then fire again.
  • Tyl3rTh3Kill3r
    The new war story The Last Tiger is the best war story in BF5
  • MikeGrecian73
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The texture pop ins, and as said before, the Great Floating Bell Of Arras, really need addressing.