Weapons you didn't like at first but now you love.

13»

Comments

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Krag Jorgensen.

At first I thought it was underpowered compared to the other rifles, but it handles like a dream, and it just feels very satisfying to use.
    There’s almost no kick to it, and the fast bullet and decent rate of fire makes sniping so satisfying.
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While doing the Elite Codexes I've discovered the BF1 gem - Gewehr M.95 Infantry. Since then, I am playing almost exclusively with this rifle. Perfect rifle for Aggressive Scouts with good aim. Already 56 Service Stars with it.

Also, I didn't like Cei-Rigotti at first, but back then I was a very bad player (BF1 was my first online FPS shooter on console, so it took some time to adapt). But once I got better, I came back to this SLR and now it's my second favourite weapon in the game (36 Service Stars)
  • ashar_saleem121
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The General Liu before the bolt action mode, and this is my personal opinion, felt like a re-skin of the Mondragon but with less bullets. But now, with the action bolt mode is great, once you learn how to use it properly. Is not only the sweet spot, is also the damage, recoil, fire rate and 1 bullet headshot kill at any distance (can't confirm but I'm pretty sure, had very long distance 100 health headshot kills).
    I'm getting more kills than before, as a medic with this gun. Once you learn how to use it is great, and yet I don't see anyone using it. I can't remember the last time someone killed me with the Liu, and I'm not saying I'm great, just saying nobody is using it when they kill me.

I really want to like the Liu especially the bolt action mode. Have around 12 stars or so. But the ADS shaking glitch after follow up shots is just so annoying because it takes two shots to kill. So unless you hit the headshot you really have to wait for the scope to stop jittering on the follow up.

I know the glitch, but it only happened once to me, it has the Gewehr 98 sweet spot in blot action (80-125 meters, not completely sure if that number is correct), so you can get 1 shot kills, basically you switch from a Mondragon-ish to a Gewehr 98 infantry. In my experience most of the hits deals 70+ damage (in bolt action), so is not rare get the kill or get assist count as kill. This might sound as a fanboy, but I'm not. Is not a weapon for all type of maps, it took me a while get used to switch modes and use it properly. Going back to the topic, I like it because the alternate fire mode allows you, and it's just my point of view, play as a regular medic or going kinda as an aggressive scout.

Oh I know all about the sweet spot. I never bothered with it while playing scout but I know all about the distance of the sweet spot for the G Liu. Just to induce more salt.

But that glitch will happen every time you try and hit a quick follow up shot. It's quite easily reproducable. I've filed a bug in June and have not heard anything.

With the father out sweet spot range, it takes two shots to get kills in mid range which is where I want to hit the follow up which causes the issue.

Leaving the sweet spot aside, I mentioned because I think not everybody knows about it. About the animation glitch I don't what to tell you, is not happening to me, I tried shooting ADS the 6 bullets, and shoot 1 let go L2 then ADS again and shoot again and so on, the 6 bullets, multiple times, it shoots normal. I can say, most of my kills in bolt action, 2 or 3 shots, 70+ hit damage the first one, some times 80. I heard something about it, a few months back, but I wasn't using it at that time. I rotate the weapons I use, even if they are not great, playing all the time with the same gun is kinda boring for me. All I can say is, I'm on PS4, when I play as medic and use the Liu this is my load out:
    -General Liu, 2x zoom (not sure here, I know is the max zoom for this gun), legendary skin ("The Yang"?, don't remember, could be completely wrong)
    -Peacekeeper
    -Broken bottle
    -Incendiary grenade
    -Medical crate
    -Syringe
    -Concealed rescue
    -Stimulant syringe
    -Reciprocity

I have a few videos of the issue

Are you not seeing something similar?
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The General Liu before the bolt action mode, and this is my personal opinion, felt like a re-skin of the Mondragon but with less bullets. But now, with the action bolt mode is great, once you learn how to use it properly. Is not only the sweet spot, is also the damage, recoil, fire rate and 1 bullet headshot kill at any distance (can't confirm but I'm pretty sure, had very long distance 100 health headshot kills).
    I'm getting more kills than before, as a medic with this gun. Once you learn how to use it is great, and yet I don't see anyone using it. I can't remember the last time someone killed me with the Liu, and I'm not saying I'm great, just saying nobody is using it when they kill me.

I really want to like the Liu especially the bolt action mode. Have around 12 stars or so. But the ADS shaking glitch after follow up shots is just so annoying because it takes two shots to kill. So unless you hit the headshot you really have to wait for the scope to stop jittering on the follow up.

I know the glitch, but it only happened once to me, it has the Gewehr 98 sweet spot in blot action (80-125 meters, not completely sure if that number is correct), so you can get 1 shot kills, basically you switch from a Mondragon-ish to a Gewehr 98 infantry. In my experience most of the hits deals 70+ damage (in bolt action), so is not rare get the kill or get assist count as kill. This might sound as a fanboy, but I'm not. Is not a weapon for all type of maps, it took me a while get used to switch modes and use it properly. Going back to the topic, I like it because the alternate fire mode allows you, and it's just my point of view, play as a regular medic or going kinda as an aggressive scout.

Oh I know all about the sweet spot. I never bothered with it while playing scout but I know all about the distance of the sweet spot for the G Liu. Just to induce more salt.

But that glitch will happen every time you try and hit a quick follow up shot. It's quite easily reproducable. I've filed a bug in June and have not heard anything.

With the father out sweet spot range, it takes two shots to get kills in mid range which is where I want to hit the follow up which causes the issue.

Leaving the sweet spot aside, I mentioned because I think not everybody knows about it. About the animation glitch I don't what to tell you, is not happening to me, I tried shooting ADS the 6 bullets, and shoot 1 let go L2 then ADS again and shoot again and so on, the 6 bullets, multiple times, it shoots normal. I can say, most of my kills in bolt action, 2 or 3 shots, 70+ hit damage the first one, some times 80. I heard something about it, a few months back, but I wasn't using it at that time. I rotate the weapons I use, even if they are not great, playing all the time with the same gun is kinda boring for me. All I can say is, I'm on PS4, when I play as medic and use the Liu this is my load out:
    -General Liu, 2x zoom (not sure here, I know is the max zoom for this gun), legendary skin ("The Yang"?, don't remember, could be completely wrong)
    -Peacekeeper
    -Broken bottle
    -Incendiary grenade
    -Medical crate
    -Syringe
    -Concealed rescue
    -Stimulant syringe
    -Reciprocity

It's pretty clear, but no. The 6.00 PS4 system update basically broke my PS4 so I lost all the DVR clips that I had, I can record shooting the gun on a empty server, or you think is related to hit registration?. I'll try to record a clear video shooting holding L2 and shooting and letting go L2 between shots. Going to try to focus on capture the shooting animation of the gun.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

-Peacekeeper
    -Broken bottle
    -Incendiary grenade
    -Medical crate
    -Syringe
    -Concealed rescue
    -Stimulant syringe
    -Reciprocity

It's pretty clear, but no. The 6.00 PS4 system update basically broke my PS4 so I lost all the DVR clips that I had, I can record shooting the gun on a empty server, or you think is related to hit registration?. I'll try to record a clear video shooting holding L2 and shooting and letting go L2 between shots. Going to try to focus on capture the shooting animation of the gun.

That's bizarre. Now I feel annoyed because if it's not consistent across all players then I was unfairly handicapped from using this awesome gun.

I've seen GetGoodGuy's video on the new mode and he had similar issues with the shaking while ADS. So did Dame Over. If you don't come out of ADS between shots, it works fine.
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    edited December 2018

-Peacekeeper
    -Broken bottle
    -Incendiary grenade
    -Medical crate
    -Syringe
    -Concealed rescue
    -Stimulant syringe
    -Reciprocity

That's bizarre. Now I feel annoyed because if it's not consistent across all players then I was unfairly handicapped from using this awesome gun.

I've seen GetGoodGuy's video on the new mode and he had similar issues with the shaking while ADS. So did Dame Over. If you don't come out of ADS between shots, it works fine.

Maybe I'm missing or not seeing something. Btw, I'm terrible at editing videos, but the gun seems normal/OK to me.

This one is shooting while ADS, seems OK to me too.
  • ashar_saleem121

-Peacekeeper
    -Broken bottle
    -Incendiary grenade
    -Medical crate
    -Syringe
    -Concealed rescue
    -Stimulant syringe
    -Reciprocity

Maybe I'm missing or not seeing something. Btw, I'm terrible at editing videos, but the gun seems normal/OK to me.

You mostly seem to stay ADS while you fire. I always come out and try and re acquire the target.

But you're right. I dont see the jitter. At least not to the extent that I have it
  • hellfire_cthulhu

-Peacekeeper
    -Broken bottle
    -Incendiary grenade
    -Medical crate
    -Syringe
    -Concealed rescue
    -Stimulant syringe
    -Reciprocity

You mostly seem to stay ADS while you fire. I always come out and try and re acquire the target.

But you're right. I dont see the jitter. At least not to the extent that I have it

Was trying to help, too bad wasn't able. And you're right about the ADS, is just the way I play, not saying is better or worse than others (play styles), just different. It's like a habit.
    Even when I use the Hellriegel, for example this is an old video, but to prove your point.

Back to topic, I think nobody mentioned the gas mask: