Weekly BF

Any noticable differences?

Singe1989
78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I’ve read through the patch notes and there was some interesting changes/fixes which I welcome.

I haven’t managed to play yet post patch, has any of these fixes/changes been noticeable and been beneficial to your gameplay?

Comments

• fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    in a funny way the game feels a bit buggier in some ways...
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't notice much at all to be honest.. Still get instant deaths and killed around corners..
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Al3xDaS0uL wrote: »
    Don't notice much at all to be honest.. Still get instant deaths and killed around corners..

That's all TTK/TTD related.

They mentioned before that this patch wasn't affecting any of those numbers. That's still down the road as they decide what the best course of action is
  • Starfey
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FG42 complete useless now, thank you dice!
  • WittmannBaron
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same crap! Wish i could refund.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game feels better on console. Less noticeable pop in textures, the medic was finally fun to use, and new animations were added when picking up ammo or health. It's definitely a good start.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Apart from the actual fact that there's a test range you can use now, I can't tell any difference whatsoever. Still gettin murdered in a single packet.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »
    Game feels better on console. Less noticeable pop in textures, the medic was finally fun to use, and new animations were added when picking up ammo or health. It's definitely a good start.

How much time did you invest in the medic originally cos it doesn't feel much different to me and i've been using it as my second main class. I only ever use the Suomi though so perhaps the other weapons are decent. How long does it take to unlock each classes last weapon? Just want the Gewehr 1-5 seems to be taking forever!
  • IIIZiPIII
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For me the game as become very laggy stuttering frame drops not enjoying this game one bit .
  • BaronVonGoon
    6939 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What's noticeable to me is an improvement in vaulting over objects like rocks, short fences. They did do an update for this and first impressions is it seems the system is recognizing objects better once you tell it 'vault' by pressing the input button.
  • WittmannBaron
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Stuttering worst them before.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

How much time did you invest in the medic originally cos it doesn't feel much different to me and i've been using it as my second main class. I only ever use the Suomi though so perhaps the other weapons are decent. How long does it take to unlock each classes last weapon? Just want the Gewehr 1-5 seems to be taking forever!

Medic is my second most used. It was initially my first, but got tired of getting melted my everything else. I spent about 4 hours today playing mostly medic just to grind it to level 20. The MP40 felt great, almost like beta good. The MP34 was good as well. Brought my medic K/D up from 1.6 to almost 1.9 today alone.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR

Medic is my second most used. It was initially my first, but got tired of getting melted my everything else. I spent about 4 hours today playing mostly medic just to grind it to level 20. The MP40 felt great, almost like beta good. The MP34 was good as well. Brought my medic K/D up from 1.6 to almost 1.9 today alone.

Sounds good, i might dabble with some of the other weapons myself then. Only unlocked the MP40 2 days ago so only used it once.
  • plidoodo
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know, but the game just felt off tonight. Didn't get hitmark/kill sounds and the smg's felt worse (actually liked them before). Maybe I'm just sore today, but something felt wrong.
  • CSO7777
    1360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    plidildo wrote: »
    I don't know, but the game just felt off tonight. Didn't get hitmark/kill sounds and the smg's felt worse (actually liked them before). Maybe I'm just sore today, but something felt wrong.
    Had the same feeling. Also the TTD-problems was extreme, was insta-killed all the time (which really begins to bug you at some point).

But in BF1, every time they released a patch, the servers were really bad the same day/night as the patch and things got better next day. Hopefully this is the same problem.
  • HarryBallSacks
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Performance seems to have taken a massive hit, although frame-rates are the same as before the update the game feels chubby and laggy, not smooth as one would expect.

On top of that there are a ton of problems going back to before the "Beta" build which it seems they are unable/unwilling to solve and that is a real shame for a game/service they hope to be the start of something new and grand.

Nothing about it feels grand as of right now, sadly.

Early days still, but one would have expected more from a AAA release.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    edited December 2018
    That MP40 is definitely decent but I barely used it before so don't know if it's a placebo. Reviving feels faster but still think it should be even quicker. If they don't sort it out early people will get into the habit of thinking it's too risky to revive and just won't do it full stop I reckon.

Is there any full, in depth patch notes yet?
  • TyroneLoyd
    1452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Sten and mp40 are more consistent. AA Hits a tad bit harder (was finally able to take out a few planes). Takes Slightly longer to take out tanks. Ju88 is nerfed and less spammy. Thats all i got.

Oh and if youll need to stand straight if you want to be remotely accurate with the stg
  • scienceteacher74
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sten feels better but mp28 felt useless. Assault class guns are still OP. Bomber felt less annoying, good work there.
  • scienceteacher74
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh, yeah, heaps of one hit deaths and getting shot behind buildings etc.