Is there a toggle setting for plane zoom? I can’t physically use it with veteran buttons.

motojdr6
183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I play with default sticks and veteran button layout on planes (which used to be the norm setup for planes).

But it’s physically impossible to hold down “dpad up” to zoom while using this setup. If I do, it means I can’t aim the cannons of the plane.

Is there a toggle setting for zoom somewhere? So I can toggle it on at the start of a strafe run while also being able to aim?

Comments

• xXR33F3RXx
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toggle vehicle zoom
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    motojdr6 wrote: »
    I play with default sticks and veteran button layout on planes (which used to be the norm setup for planes).

But it’s physically impossible to hold down “dpad up” to zoom while using this setup. If I do, it means I can’t aim the cannons of the plane.

Is there a toggle setting for zoom somewhere? So I can toggle it on at the start of a strafe run while also being able to aim?

I use the same control setup (veteran) and I had the exact problem to start with. Presuming you’re playing on console, I think your best shout is to custom map your controls.

I set the throttles as the L2 R2.
    Fire L1 and zoom R1.

I sacrificed the spot/ command button, as it’s pretty much obsolete in this game anyway.

I hope this helps